Any good Music + podcatcher apps?

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Title pretty much says it, looking for a solid app that can handle music and podcasts (not just play them, but update the subscriptions). I can only seem to find two, Astro player and InfiniMusic. Astro seems to have the right idea, just needs a lot of work and a better main menu. I didn't try infinimusic, as it is pay and didn't get good review comments (also no update in over a year).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Cleargrey

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
You could try Google Listen. It's certainly not perfect and (as usual) the UI could do with some polish, but it generally gets the job done.

I also use Media Monkey (on the desktop) which syncs with my phone and I play it through Power AMP. Again, not a perfect solution but it's ok for when I can sync my phone with the computer.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, but I was looking for one app to handle both. There are several that can do both well individually. Google Listen is very simplistic, which I liked...but it messes up too often for me (i.e. has a hard time saving spots). Thanks though!

lumarama

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen any that do both. I am pretty happy with Pocket Casts for podcasts, though.
I like Pocket Cast too, design is good, but it's a bit complex when it comes to downloads - I can't get where are my downloads. Also I love to have "go 10 sec back" button on the lock screen. Because when someone disturbed you - you need a quick way to get back and listen again what you missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781