07-14-2010 04:31 PM
90 1234
tools
    You can listen to Opie and Anthony when the official Sirius app is released. Much better than Stern
    Your joking right, if it wasnt for Stern there would be no Dopie and Anthony because there would be no Sirius. Plus all they are are a really bad knock off him.
    Jeremy likes this.
    05-14-2010 01:57 PM
    Jeff,

I went to yourmuze this morning to the station I used to get stern from and no dice...its just somebodys music playlist or something. As for the xiialive radio, it shows its on there but I can't confirm since the server is full. Plus it force closed on me a couple of times so I'll probably remove it for now.

If I come across something in the future I will let you know...
    05-17-2010 07:44 AM
    Jeff,

I went to yourmuze this morning to the station I used to get stern from and no dice...its just somebodys music playlist or something. As for the xiialive radio, it shows its on there but I can't confirm since the server is full. Plus it force closed on me a couple of times so I'll probably remove it for now.

If I come across something in the future I will let you know...
    Thanks again for your help. You had all the issues I had as well. I think for whatever reason this is the way it will be with Android until the boys at geektoolbox.com get something working.
    05-17-2010 09:19 AM
    Nice, some more people looking to stream Howard 100 and 101 LIVE, not rebroadcast. I do this on my Ipod Touch with pockettunes Radio and works awesome, so hopefully Pockettunes will release something for the Android.....
    05-17-2010 11:22 AM
    Not sure what I'd do without my Virus.
    05-17-2010 11:59 AM
    You can listen to Opie and Anthony when the official Sirius app is released. Much better than Stern
    Wow, they are two bad Stern imitators...
    05-17-2010 07:18 PM
    *bookmark* I need a sirius solution also before I leave wm for android...
    05-17-2010 09:46 PM
    Wow, they are two bad Stern imitators...
    Because Stern invented everything. Hoo Hoo
    05-17-2010 10:05 PM
    Good talk radio, yes. O&A are a joke. Don't believe me compare their ratings over the years to Stern. Can't even hold a candle to him.
    05-17-2010 10:42 PM
    Good talk radio, yes. O&A are a joke. Don't believe me compare their ratings over the years to Stern. Can't even hold a candle to him.
    Really show me the stats. O&A pay a lot of Homage to Howard as much as they beat him up. If their rating where so bad then why didn't Sirus/XM honor his new contract negotiation terms when he said he would only stay if they fired O&A....you don't want people fired from radio unless you feel a threat. And good talk radio is that why he is listed as #31 in the Sat ratings right now far below Man Cow? eck.....yeah "Good" talk radio.

Babba Booie, hoo hoo I invented everything Robin......

/Pest
    05-17-2010 11:38 PM
    Your joking right, if it wasnt for Stern there would be no Dopie and Anthony because there would be no Sirius. Plus all they are are a really bad knock off him.
    First of all O&A are on XM and Stern is on Sirius. While the 2 companies haved "Merged", and I use that term loosely, Sirius/XM has stated it will be at least 10 years before they are one service instead of 2. There is nothing wrong with O&A. I like both them and Howard, and listen to both, but I look at Howard as someone who is on the tailend of his career while O&A are still up and coming. That being said, i you really want to listen to Howard then just download the Flycast app for your Android phone and listen there. FYI, it is the west coast feed so it doesn't start until 9AM.
    05-18-2010 08:03 AM
    NNNNNOOOOOO STOP this!!!! we dont need to have debates about Stern and O&A..... please this thread is about getting Sirius to stream on Android..... lets find the solution then debate who is better...........
    rhippler likes this.
    05-18-2010 11:24 AM
    First of all O&A are on XM and Stern is on Sirius. While the 2 companies haved "Merged", and I use that term loosely, Sirius/XM has stated it will be at least 10 years before they are one service instead of 2. There is nothing wrong with O&A. I like both them and Howard, and listen to both, but I look at Howard as someone who is on the tailend of his career while O&A are still up and coming. That being said, i you really want to listen to Howard then just download the Flycast app for your Android phone and listen there. FYI, it is the west coast feed so it doesn't start until 9AM.
    What do you search for to find howard? I'm trying this but not having much luck.

As a side note, I hope this doesn't force cclose on my inc because the app seems to work a lot better at connecting than xiialive ever did for me.
    05-18-2010 12:37 PM
    What do you search for to find howard? I'm trying this but not having much luck.

As a side note, I hope this doesn't force cclose on my inc because the app seems to work a lot better at connecting than xiialive ever did for me.
    Just do a search for Howard Stern and you should find Stern 101
    05-18-2010 02:05 PM
    where is sirius for android ???
    05-18-2010 06:36 PM
    To the Howie-Copter, Rrrrrobin... HOO HOO
    05-18-2010 08:41 PM
    where is sirius for android ???
    Still waiting. and not very patiently at this point. Part of why I went to the Incredible, from BB, was that Sirius/XM stated that an app would be delivered by May 6th. Still nothing. Now they are saying sometime in May. May is amost over and still nothing. I think we have a right to be a little frustrated.
    05-19-2010 06:40 AM
    Still waiting. and not very patiently at this point. Part of why I went to the Incredible, from BB, was that Sirius/XM stated that an app would be delivered by May 6th. Still nothing. Now they are saying sometime in May. May is amost over and still nothing. I think we have a right to be a little frustrated.
    yea, well its not even worth the wait, if you cant listen to Howard 100 or 101..... someone please release an app like Pocket Tunes or find a way to stream your internet listening to your phone.....
    05-26-2010 12:22 PM
    yea, well its not even worth the wait, if you cant listen to Howard 100 or 101..... someone please release an app like Pocket Tunes or find a way to stream your internet listening to your phone.....
    I lost interest in Stern shortly after he announced he was going to Satellite. He spent the last year on regular radio whining about politics and religion and totally lost my interest. I decided XM was the better way to go. Better music, deeper playlists, and better equipment. As far as Stern on the App, his contract allows him to control how his content is delivered and he chose to block it from online streaming. Be upset at him, not Sirius/XM. If you are really hard pressed to hear Stern on your phone then just get Flycast and do a search for Stern 101. Regardless, they assured Android users that an app would be delivered in May and the clock is ticking.
    05-26-2010 01:38 PM
    I lost interest in Stern shortly after he left A&E/FM Radio and went to Sirius too. Bottom line is the man has been working so long I think he ran out of interesting things to talk about. Opie and Anthony are starting to feel that way with me now, spending the last half of a show talking about a video game......but at least they have been having some interesting people here lately like......Norm from cheers.......yeah........but they did have Dana White he's always good to hear talk.
    05-27-2010 12:03 AM
    Official Sirius/XM app for Android now released. http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=zcoMApwK
    05-28-2010 10:10 AM
    I just got an email. The Sirius/XM app for android is live and working great! http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=HXZQ8TTN
    05-28-2010 12:56 PM
    Official Sirius/XM app for Android now released. http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=w4iz8X3a
    Beat me to it...just got the email...downloaded and installed the app....works great....not exactly the same channels as XM RADIO, but the close enough!!!
    05-28-2010 01:13 PM
    i'm interested in Bloomberg Radio and Hot 97. i'll be trying -

1. RadioTime
    2. XiiaLive (formerly DroidLive)
    3. YourMuze.fm
    4. Android Online Radio MMS
    5. StreamFurious

i would like -

1. background play
    2. direct streaming from station to device (no middle servers or logins to deal with)
    3. quality output (consistent, loud/clear volume, no buffering)

thoughts?
    05-28-2010 01:20 PM
    The official app lacks Stern, same as iPhone and BlackBerry app.
    05-28-2010 01:24 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD