Sirius Radio

rhippler

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
$3 dollars extra for streaming if you already have a regular radio sub which is $12 if you go monthly. it's cheaper if you do the 3yr plan. personally love it in the car.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Jcant wait. waiting for this app so i dont need my xm unit in the car anymore. gonna be awesome. the only downer so far is that it seems that the sports play-by-play channels arent available on the app though; ill know for sure later

EDIT: so yeah, only the "main" sports channels (mlb home plate, nhl home ice, etc) are available, which stinks, but since I only follow my hometown teams anyway, its not a dealbreaker.

Last edited:

R1_Rydah

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
its here ladies & gents

got this email today, testing it out now

*edit* doh! I guess I missed the thread discussing this already lol... oh well enjoy!

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And FOX NEWS CHANNEL is not available. And fox news and fox talk are two separate things. Just like CNN and CNNhln are 2 different channels

Last edited:

pjs2004

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope they dump stern!

If it weren't for Stern, satellite radio wouldn't have anywhere close to the subscriber base they have now. They're actually making a profit now for the first time. The numbers don't lie.

I listen to Stern everyday, and it's definitely the case that he has blocked the show from being played on other devices -- probably because he couldn't get a good deal with it. So some kind of workaround would have to be done. Of course, his 5 year contract is over this December, so he could be moving to some form of internet radio, if he doesn't get a good deal with Sirius. Maybe there would be an app for that.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I like the app, but it's hit or miss. It has a bad habit of getting stuck in a loop or just crapping out, even with great signal and even on wifi. If there was a way to have the app buffer out more, maybe that would help, but I don't use it as much as I'd love to just because it ends up pissing me off more often than not.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
They made enough money without stern to buy the competition. I hope he goes he is over paid. I hope they did make money off him. and a lot more on advertising from him they only need an extra 7.7 million subscribers a year to equal his paycheck. That's before they pay anyone else. I hope his sponsors made up the rest. I don't pay attn to stock maybe they are doing better since acquiring him. Or maybe be is killing them.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Stern has massive numbers on XM/Sirus. I'm an O&A guy myself and I find the Howard vs. O&A thing as a huge joke now. If they want bad feelings about Howard, or Howard has bad feelings about them it doesn't matter. Satellite radio is set to fail no matter who they have because of the commercials now! When I first got XM back in 2001 there was basically no commercials and that's what brought me to XM. Not to mention no DJs thanks god. But over the years their music channels have went to crap not having the depth of play lists they used to have, and their talk channels have too many commercials. I mean come on when I first came to XM I could listen to the music channels for days and maybe only hear a hand full of replays, now it's merely hours. Not to mention they kept raising the prices.

I'm in the car a lot during some days and really enjoyed my sat radio, however now a days I have found what I used to have in Pandora and Slacker. And it's free with very very limited commercials. With the merger and certain people getting fired sat radio has went pretty far down the tubes. Too bad too, because it used to be really nice! Due to price raises I had to go from 4 radios down to one and now none. Thank god for 3G and streaming services!

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Stern has massive numbers on XM/Sirus. I'm an O&A guy myself and I find the Howard vs. O&A thing as a huge joke now. If they want bad feelings about Howard, or Howard has bad feelings about them it doesn't matter. Satellite radio is set to fail no matter who they have because of the commercials now! When I first got XM back in 2001 there was basically no commercials and that's what brought me to XM. Not to mention no DJs thanks god. But over the years their music channels have went to crap not having the depth of play lists they used to have, and their talk channels have too many commercials. I mean come on when I first came to XM I could listen to the music channels for days and maybe only hear a hand full of replays, now it's merely hours. Not to mention they kept raising the prices.

I'm in the car a lot during some days and really enjoyed my sat radio, however now a days I have found what I used to have in Pandora and Slacker. And it's free with very very limited commercials. With the merger and certain people getting fired sat radio has went pretty far down the tubes. Too bad too, because it used to be really nice! Due to price raises I had to go from 4 radios down to one and now none. Thank god for 3G and streaming services!
yea i would have to agree with that. It is just too much like regular radio anymore

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

yea i would have to agree with that. It is just too much like regular radio anymore

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance