Brew World for Android Released

mrtrav

May 31, 2011
Visit site
The first and most popular craft beer app for the BlackBerry OS has finally been ported over to Android. Brew World lists out thousands of breweries, brewpubs, beer bars, and bottle shops across the US, Canada, Mexico, and UK.

Make reviews/comments on your favorite beer and share them with your Facebook friends, if that sort of thing tickles your fancy. Easily keep track of everything you have reviewed from the app or hop on over to Brew World | Brewery listings across the globe to see what you've loved or hated.

This is the initial release, so if you find any bugs or see any crashes, please let me know so I can fix them asap.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zym.brewworld

Reactions: valorian

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I've been waiting for something like this. Been having to settle for the Beermapping project website till now. I'm installing it now. I'll write up a review in a couple days. And it's free!!

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Remembeer for quite a while for my beer log. I'm a big craft brew / import drinker and I travel a lot so it helps me keep track of beers that I've tried. I'll check out your app.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

mrtrav

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Right on, I'm working hard on v1.1 right now to add in the ability to easily see which beers you have tried when you're perusing through the listings. I am also adding in a check-in feature, that combined with reviews, will unlock badges...similar to foursquare.

I travel alot as well, which is one of the reasons that I started writing the app for my Blackberry earlier last year. I can't tell you how many times I have been waiting for baggage at an airport and popped open the app to see what places were nearby to get a good beer.

If you notice anything you would like to see in the app, just let me know.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Right on, I'm working hard on v1.1 right now to add in the ability to easily see which beers you have tried when you're perusing through the listings. I am also adding in a check-in feature, that combined with reviews, will unlock badges...similar to foursquare.

I am all about Untappd for that.

Your search feature sure looks cool though.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Very nice so far. Seems kind of basic. I signed up, reviewed the beer I was drinking at the time and added a beer to the db. I'll definitely be using this app. Needs a tab to show all of a user's reviews and adds, etc. Good work so far though!

Edit: Just saw the reviews listen in the account tab. Stupid me. I signed in there then never went back to check what was in there. Very nice!

mrtrav

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Very nice so far. Seems kind of basic. I signed up, reviewed the beer I was drinking at the time and added a beer to the db. I'll definitely be using this app. Needs a tab to show all of a user's reviews and adds, etc. Good work so far though!

Edit: Just saw the reviews listen in the account tab. Stupid me. I signed in there then never went back to check what was in there. Very nice!

Right on, I saw the beer you added had no other beers from the brewery. I just added what they had listed on their website, but they don't have any abv/ibu's listed. If you know them, you can click the edit beer icon on the upper right hand corner of the beer info page to change them.

As far as it being basic, what features did you have in mind that you would have liked to see?

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Right on, I saw the beer you added had no other beers from the brewery. I just added what they had listed on their website, but they don't have any abv/ibu's listed. If you know them, you can click the edit beer icon on the upper right hand corner of the beer info page to change them.

As far as it being basic, what features did you have in mind that you would have liked to see?

Actually, a beer log would complete this. Now that I found the stuff in the account tab there really isn't much more that I can think of. This is a good app!

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it beer photos would be a welcome addition. I've gotten into the habit of taking pictures of new beers I try. Photo upload would be sweet.

mrtrav

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it beer photos would be a welcome addition. I've gotten into the habit of taking pictures of new beers I try. Photo upload would be sweet.

Yeah, I have been working on that. Trying to get the server side stuff working now to be able to handle the image formats/sizes/etc

mrtrav

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Allrighty, I'm almost there for version 1.1. Below is what I have gotten in so far. If there is anything else you would like to see, let me know.

-Improved comment layout
-Redesigned location and beer layouts
-Added ability to see beers you have reviewed from beer listing screen
-Added ability to "check in" for locations and beers, unlocks badges based on check-ins
-Added ability for user avatars to be displayed
-Added ability to add images to beer reviews
-Tons of bug fixes

**Attached new brewery details layout. Thoughts?

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Allrighty, I'm almost there for version 1.1. Below is what I have gotten in so far. If there is anything else you would like to see, let me know.

-Improved comment layout
-Redesigned location and beer layouts
-Added ability to see beers you have reviewed from beer listing screen
-Added ability to "check in" for locations and beers, unlocks badges based on check-ins
-Added ability for user avatars to be displayed
-Added ability to add images to beer reviews
-Tons of bug fixes

**Attached new brewery details layout. Thoughts?

Sounds great man! Can't wait!

Drunk texted from my CM7 Bolt

mrtrav

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Allrighty, v1.1 has been uploaded to the Market. You'll also now see a premium version that doesnt have adds and has the ability to upload images to reviews.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Cool. I updated the free version. Will buy the pro version sometime but my wife's being a money Nazi atm.

Lol

Drunk texted from my MIUI Thunderbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana