What Are Some Good Backup Apps For The AndroidOS?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
What is a good Content Backup Service app for the AndroidOS? An app that will allow me to backup apps, pics, videos, bookmarks, ect? I'm thinking about getting (MyBackup), because they offer backups to their Internet servers, but the app and service are kind of pricey and require monthly or yearly fees. With the other backup apps that I have found, they don't support online storage; just backups to a memory card. So is there any other backup apps that have online storage?

What app and service would you suggest?

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I backup to my sd card, but I did pay for the pro version since I used the free version so much. It's worth it.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I backup to my sd card, but I did pay for the pro version since I used the free version so much. It's worth it.

When you paid for the Backup Pro version, were you asked whether or not if you wanted more online backup space? Or do you have to pay for that within the app itself?

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
When you paid for the Backup Pro version, were you asked whether or not if you wanted more online backup space? Or do you have to pay for that within the app itself?

It comes with the paid version, it doesn't cost extra. It asks you to set it up when you open the app.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I will always sing the praises of Titanium Backup. Hands down the absolute best way to back your apps when switching ROMs. SMS Backup and Restore will cover your text messages, it'll back them up and you can even email the backup file to yourself straight inside the app. That really about cover it, Google backs up your contacts for you and pretty everything you gets stored on your SD card so besides those few things you should be golden. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I will always sing the praises of Titanium Backup. Hands down the absolute best way to back your apps when switching ROMs. SMS Backup and Restore will cover your text messages, it'll back them up and you can even email the backup file to yourself straight inside the app. That really about cover it, Google backs up your contacts for you and pretty everything you gets stored on your SD card so besides those few things you should be golden. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just so the OP understands, Titanium Backup requires roots. Not sure if the OP is rooted or not.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Just so the OP understands, Titanium Backup requires roots. Not sure if the OP is rooted or not.

No my phone isn't Rooted and I don't really want to Root it. I want to use a backup app that will work with my phone as it comes from the factory.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No my phone isn't Rooted and I don't really want to Root it. I want to use a backup app that will work with my phone as it comes from the factory.

You need to be rooted in the order to do a full backup. If you decide to root then titanium backup pro is my choice. It allows uploading to Dropbox if you have an account.

If you don't root you can fine Apps to backup text, but that's about it. No application backup and restore with data.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to be rooted in the order to do a full backup. If you decide to root then titanium backup pro is my choice. It allows uploading to Dropbox if you have an account.

If you don't root you can fine Apps to backup text, but that's about it. No application backup and restore with data.

Backup Pro lets users backup apps, contacts, ect. I don't need to Root just to backup my content. Do you mean that I wouldn't be able to back up apps with their user info, if I didn't Root my phone?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Backup Pro lets users backup apps, contacts, ect. I don't need to Root just to backup my content. Do you mean that I wouldn't be able to back up apps with their user info, if I didn't Root my phone?

Yes, that's is what I meant. Sorry about that.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the app MyBackup Pro with the extra 1GB of online storage for $20 per-year. I know that MyBackup Pro can't backup every app and it can't backup an applications user data, but I don't want to try Rooting my phone just yet. This method will have to do for now. Thanks for everyone's help! I really appreciate the feedback and help!

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone here know how to delete content that you backed up online using MyBackup Pro? I don't want to keep all of the content saves, because that is just a waste of space. So I would like to delete the old saves, to make room for newer saves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo