Google Map update 4.2.0

webbie721

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I was prompted today to update my Google Maps to 4.2.0. I proceeded to do it and now the pinch to zoom doesn't seem to work correctly. I know it isn't my screen as I can pinch on photos no problem.

It works, but sometimes if I zoom in it will actually zoom out or if I am meaning to zoom a little, it will jump and zoom a lot.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.

James

webbie721

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Upon further tinkering...I have figured out....if I just touch with a single finger I can move the map and or flick...however, if I just touch the map with 2 fingers, no pinching, just touching, it will zoom me out......

webbie721

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Do not update google maps!!!

Google Maps 4.2.0 update is having some funkiness going on.

GPS not accurately reading positions
Pinch to Zoom not functioning correctly

Not all users updating are seeing the effects and un-installing will not fix the problem.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had either of those problems myself.

Have you tried GPS Status to see if it's able to get a fix? That should help to determine if it's a Google Maps issue or an issue with the GPS receiver itself. Google Maps will fall back to a less accurate method of determining your location if GPS is unavailable.

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I am on Eris 1.5 waiting for 2.1 but three of my coworker friends who have the Motorola Droid are having problems with the Google Navigation and GPS specifically. I've seen them test the GPS with that app and everything seems fine.

Until you run Google Maps to lead you to a destination....