How to find out which apps eat the battery?

junglemike4

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello Friends!!
I have an extremely annoying problem with my motorola defy (running android 2.1)
Usually it has very good battery life, especially since i replaced the battery to a bigger one. On average it can survive for 2-3 days with moderate use.

But recently more and more often i stumble upon this problem:
suddenly it would start consume the battery like crazy out of the blue!! - I can see this even simply by touching the phone, while it's sitting on the table - it's quite HOT!!
After fully charging it - 2 or 3 hours and it's completely dead (won't switch on until i plug the AC)
I'm suspecting that this is software-related problem, since it happens only sometimes.
I'm trying to kill the unused processes with advanced task killer, but it doesn't seem to help as well.

Do you people have any thoughts on how can i start to solve this problem?
Would be glad to hear any ideas.
Thanks.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Battery inductor? No such app in the the market. Are you sure that's the name or are you finding it elsewhere? I'd love to know how to tell what's using the battery as well. For example, I took a guess and uninstalled skype and that seems to help but it was just a guess...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's a screen shot of the app!

It will also list any apps that use the battery as well. For me apps like Angry Birds and what not show up a lot. It help me when I had an issue like you had. It was Asphalt! So I just uninstalled that app and life has been good!

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

junglemike4

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips.
I'll definitely try battery Indicator and see how it can help.
How old is the battery? Batteries loose charge capacity over time.
Battery is new and increased capacity. As I wrote in 1st post, when this problem does not happen (but it usually does) - my phone can stay up 2-3 days.