PDAnet Tethering

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
hey all,

Coming from a BB, as you see in the sig...lol. Loving the phone so far outside of a few minor things, mentioned in another thread up above. So, I had tetherberry, now tether for the BB and it worked awesome! Pretty fast, easy to install and get up and running. However, their Android version beta is not yet out...have no clue what is taking them this long?!?!

So, I needed the same solution. I'm checking out PDAnet right now. Was not as easy to set up for some reason, probably me. So not a real negative there. It does not seem as fast from my home location, but then again the incredible does not have the best reception....something that needs addressing. So far, I'm positive about it, esp. since the only other solution is Easytether without rooting the phone.

I'll be testing from my work location in the next couple of days and report the findings back. Anyone that is using PDAnet, maybe you could tell me if while connected the phone is also being charged? With the BB it was, not so sure with the Incredible.....

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Answer to one question.....My battery was at 44% and is now at 47%, so it looks like it IS charging while connected. Kinda figured it would be odd if it was not....but then again you never know.

icecoolfsu

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a Mac or PC to tether? How is the whole experience and ease of setup been? I'm considering doing this with my Incredible too.

jsmcdon1

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I use PDANet to tether my Incredible on Windows and it works perfect. Fast and easy. My issue is on a Mac. The PDANet client just hangs and then finally says it could not connect to the device. Has anyone else experienced this on a Mac? I have made sure I use the latest PDANet desktop client, but still have the same issue. I'm running OS X Leopard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma