08-13-2017 06:29 PM
79 1234
tools
    BW just updated (recently 2 days ago) and is now better than WWD.
    11-25-2009 02:34 PM
    Weatherbug has been donig good for me but then again I dont need it to do much and im happy
    11-28-2009 09:35 AM
    BW just updated (recently 2 days ago) and is now better than WWD.
    i agree, Beautiful widgets is much better now, the animations for the weather are really nice
    11-28-2009 11:14 AM
    I was using the Weather Channel App until today. We had some winds, and receiving audible alerts on my phone was a deal breaker since there seems to be no way to turn them off. Very stupid for them not to let us turn that off. Using weather bug for now, but I think I may get Beautiful Widgets.
    12-09-2009 05:07 PM
    i agree, Beautiful widgets is much better now, the animations for the weather are really nice
    I've been pushing Beautiful Weather for a while now and nobody liked to agree with me!
    12-09-2009 05:57 PM
    I've been pushing Beautiful Weather for a while now and nobody liked to agree with me!
    Yeah, but the #1 fan slot goes to Larry. He was preaching it while everone was on WWD.
    12-09-2009 06:29 PM
    I just upgraded WeatherBug to the Elite version for $1.99. The animated radar is very important to me (I plan to use it next summer while sailing on the Chesapeake Bay.) Overall, best $2 I've spent in a long time.
    12-09-2009 06:33 PM
    how dare they! i've always had both, but have liked BW more than WWD.

on a side note someone commented in the post on the main page about a recent update to BW draining the battery quickly, i have noticed that my battery has gone into the yellow twice today, seems a likely culprit....
    12-09-2009 09:20 PM
    I've ran it all day and am at 50%.
    12-09-2009 10:18 PM
    how dare they! i've always had both, but have liked BW more than WWD.

on a side note someone commented in the post on the main page about a recent update to BW draining the battery quickly, i have noticed that my battery has gone into the yellow twice today, seems a likely culprit....
    They pushed another update out early this evening. I have not noticed any battery drain on my device.
    12-09-2009 11:03 PM
    maybe my phone was just acting up.

hopefully it was the earlier update that drained it quickly and i have enough to get through the day (and night) tomorrow
    12-10-2009 02:02 AM
    At first I used Weather Channel and used the small widget. But then it had problems updating the temp/conditions on the widget and acted weird. So I got rid of it and downloaded WeatherBug! Wow is that much more reliable! No problems so far and I've been running it for about a week. It has widgets too but they are uneccesary because it automatically puts the temp in the top info panel to the far left. This is nicer because it's not a running service so it takes up less ROM and congestion. Yet it still updates as often as you'd like. The menu for forecasts are just as nice as Weather Channel.

I would recommend WeatherBug.
    12-10-2009 02:20 AM
    My vote is for Weatherbug with followme off.
    12-10-2009 09:52 AM
    Yeah, but the #1 fan slot goes to Larry. He was preaching it while everone was on WWD.
    And now I'm using WWD because I can skin the clock, but still have BW does that push me to #2 or even lower
    12-10-2009 10:03 AM
    I take my flatering comments back.
    12-10-2009 10:49 AM
    I tend to use my web bookmarks more than I do widgets -- most widgets consume battery whether you're actively using them or not. The web is simply on demand.

The best weather site I've found on the web - by far - is www.wunderground.com (Weather Underground). Great maps and radar selection, and they have a mobile version as well if you prefer to use it rather than the desktop browser version. Highly, highly recommended. Would be absolutely must-have if they had a widget for it.

I do a lot of mountain biking up in NC and down here in SC and use this all the time to see where the rain is, where to ride, and get an idea of how much time I may have until the rain or the front moves in.
    12-10-2009 11:02 AM
    My vote is for Weatherbug with followme off.
    Yeah I noticed it's better with that off too. I just put in my home zip code and have it set to update every hour. Works great.
    12-10-2009 11:57 PM
    I use WeatherBug elite and I think it's great. Much better UI than the weather channel and the widget is a lot better too. You just have to be sure to back out of it rather than press home to get out or it will suck up a lot of juice.
    12-21-2009 11:43 AM
    I agree with o2bnclemson, weatherbug mobile (i.wund.com) is awesome. Their mobile site was designed for the iphone, but it works great on the droid. Weatherbug elite is my second choice. I find the weather alerts and animated customizable radar in weatherbug elite very useful.
    12-21-2009 11:47 AM
    When I clik on the link for Beautiful Widgets I get 'access denied'. Also, I can find Beautiful Widgets #2 in the market but not Beautiful Widgets (#1). Help!
    12-21-2009 11:51 AM
    When I clik on the link for Beautiful Widgets I get 'access denied'. Also, I can find Beautiful Widgets #2 in the market but not Beautiful Widgets (#1). Help!
    HTC is hounding the Beautiful widgets developer because it used to look like the HTC widgets. Even after he redesigned the appearance to not resemble HTC's design, they told him to pull the app until they review it. So I'd just wait for a while. It'll be back, I'm sure.
    12-21-2009 12:22 PM
    I use Weatherbug. I like the real time updated temps in the notification bar that I can always see. This way I can keep the widget off my main homescreen and use that space for something else.
    12-21-2009 01:34 PM
    beautiful widgets for 3 day forcast and I use weather channel.com card through Buzz Deck.
    12-21-2009 01:44 PM
    Thanks, Herki. I'm looking forward to the return.
    12-21-2009 09:16 PM
    Has anyone checked out Palmary Weather? It looks really promising aside the fact there is no widget yet.
    02-25-2010 06:24 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD