08-13-2017 06:29 PM
79 1234
tools
    I've been looking for a new weather app, thanks for the heads up about Palmary!

I just installed it and like it alot so far. It has a nice look and lots of weather data. Reminds me a bit of Fizz Weather for iPhone.
    02-25-2010 06:57 PM
    I've been looking for a new weather app, thanks for the heads up about Palmary!

I just installed it and like it alot so far. It has a nice look and lots of weather data. Reminds me a bit of Fizz Weather for iPhone.
    Just needs a widget now...
    02-25-2010 07:39 PM
    I have been looking to move from my BB Tour to the Droid but I am concerned about why the Droids I have tried out can't animate the radar on my local news station website. Even my old BB 7130 showed animated radar. I tried the Storm 2 but for some reason it can't animate radar either. I am an athltic director for a school an use radar all the time at sporting events to track storms. From reading previous posts, I see that some weather apps have animated radar, but is there a way to get regular website radars to work? This is a must have for me. Thanks!
    03-14-2010 10:47 AM
    CRT, I thought I had a solution for you but it turns out it did not work. I use AccuWeather URLs in which I pass the necessary parameters for location, resolution, etc. - this used to work on my BB S1 but the animation is not working on my stock browser (the only browser I have).
    03-14-2010 03:42 PM
    CRT, I thought I had a solution for you but it turns out it did not work. I use AccuWeather URLs in which I pass the necessary parameters for location, resolution, etc. - this used to work on my BB S1 but the animation is not working on my stock browser (the only browser I have).
    DeeMat- thanks for the effort! Hopefully animated radar capabilities will come with future OS updates!
    03-15-2010 07:40 PM
    DeeMat- thanks for the effort! Hopefully animated radar capabilities will come with future OS updates!
    Yeah, I just do not understand why it does not work now... I mean, my crappy Storm1 browser showed animated radar...

Here is an example of a page that I had tested based on another forum's suggestion - and it also works on my PC browser - http://www.accuweather.com/m/US/wigs...05&anim=3&af=5
    03-15-2010 09:10 PM
    When I had my BB, I used Weatherbug. I liked it a lot. I was so happy to find it for the 'Droid, that I paid for the elite version. I love this app. Especially here in tornado alley. I also keep track of the weather in my son's and daughter's cities. I don't think it does anything better than any other weather app, but I am use to it so I use it.
    03-16-2010 01:12 AM
    When I had my BB, I used Weatherbug. I liked it a lot. I was so happy to find it for the 'Droid, that I paid for the elite version. I love this app. Especially here in tornado alley. I also keep track of the weather in my son's and daughter's cities. I don't think it does anything better than any other weather app, but I am use to it so I use it.
    Does the elite version have animated radars?
    03-16-2010 11:24 AM
    Does the elite version have animated radars?
    Yes. and it is pretty accurate in both the 3g and gps mode. I used it to time my daily constitutional, hoping to sneak in 2 miles before the storm. I made it and as indicated on the radar, it rained soon afterward.
    03-16-2010 08:59 PM
    I use palmery Weather. Love the UI better and faster than Weather Bug. To me at least...
    03-22-2010 02:30 PM
    Is there any app or something that will place weather information ONLY in the slide down notification tray? Weather Channel comes so close, but I'd rather not have the blue icon on the top bar.
    06-11-2010 11:26 AM
    weather bug does this. Just as elongated as you have it running in the background.
    06-11-2010 11:30 AM
    No memory/battery sucking issues with weatherbug? I thought I read a review like that but it might have been an old review.

(For some reason I associate weatherbug with spyware ;P but i'm willing to try it if it has the function i described)
    kart180 likes this.
    06-11-2010 11:35 AM
    I've used Beautiful Widgets ever since I got my droid. The only thing that drives me nuts is the little big of lag I get sometimes when I wake my phone up and that widget is the last one to load up. I don't use a task killer either. Other than that I love it. I have heard good thing about weather widgets donate though too so I may try that out.

As far as real weather widgets that let you see radar, extended forcasts, etc. I've currently got both Palmary and WB elite on my droid. I like the layout of Palmary alot, and my only real complaint other than not having a widget is that I wish there was a way to turn off the airports view and maybe put a button to view the Radar up there instead. I don't fly too much so having the airports as such a prominent view doesn't benefit me very often.

I like WB Elite, the overall layout and functionality is nice, plus it integrates using google maps so when you see the radar and satellite animations it's pretty cool to see it with maps.
    06-11-2010 12:58 PM
    I was using the Weather Channel App until today. We had some winds, and receiving audible alerts on my phone was a deal breaker since there seems to be no way to turn them off. Very stupid for them not to let us turn that off. Using weather bug for now, but I think I may get Beautiful Widgets.
    In settings you can control what alerts you want to get.

I also like the different widget options.

Also soneone asked about animated radar. The Weather Channel app does have animated radar. Press Map It → Play to animate the maps.
    06-17-2010 01:02 PM
    I use WeatherBug Elite and the basic HTC sense weather on my Incredible. They both seem to be great. WeatherBug is definitely more in depth though, as expected.
    06-17-2010 02:03 PM
    need help with weather and toggle widget setting this up it seems confusing
    08-06-2010 09:36 PM
    I tried to use Weatherbug Elite since its on my Ipod and I like it but, when I tried it it was over a month ago and "FC" on me enough I removed it still within the 24 hr trial period so wasn't charged for it.I been using weather channel free since no problem with it.The blue icon weather channel shows on your notification bar turns to a red icon when your server weather notifications are turned on
    I have used "rainydays"radar but its just a radar nothing more and I wanted more
    08-07-2010 05:50 AM
    Weatherbug is always a popular choice by many. I'm liking Beautiful Widgets.
    12-14-2010 05:56 AM
    Weatherbug is a good app for detailed weather. The deafult HTC Sense weather app is also good for quick overview.

The Weather channel app is good but I uninstalled because there was no setting for Celsius temperate measurement.
    12-14-2010 10:11 AM
    Beautiful widgets looks the best I think with hundreds of skins. Weather bug is more accurate so I have that open when I tap on the 5 say in BW. Best of both worlds.
    12-14-2010 10:17 AM
    I used to have weatherchannel app and tried the accuweather app as well. I just seemed to always have problems getting the times and weather in sync. The latest I downloaded has not given me any problems at all. So far so good!

Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.

Android Weather Widget - Android Weather Widget - Best Animated App

Video:
    12-20-2010 11:55 AM
    Beautiful Widgets is the best in my opinion...
    12-20-2010 03:25 PM
    Ditto this

Beautiful Widgets is the best in my opinion...
    12-20-2010 05:11 PM
    I use Fancy Widget and its free in the market. It fits my Dell Streak screen perfectly.
    12-21-2010 10:35 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD