Best weather app

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
New to the android and I'm missing my Berryweather which would show radar and much more. What is the best weather app? I'm ok if I have to pay for it.

ScootD

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Looks like weatherbug has an android version and there's a free iMap weather app as well.

The nicest feature that I like ina weather app, although I'm still on BB, is animated maps.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the weather widget app available for free in the android market. Nice looking widget, but I'm not sure if it will get as detailed as you want it. It doesn't have a radar map for example...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
there is a weather bug as well as a weather channel app, i think the latter has radars.

i always thought they were interesting, then realized i live in southern california and an animated radar map of constantly sunny skies looks a lot like nothing.

i'm happy with the beautiful widgets and this other weather widget that i can't think of the name for right now. all i really need is a forecast and high/lows. :)

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
there is a weather bug as well as a weather channel app, i think the latter has radars.

i always thought they were interesting, then realized i live in southern california and an animated radar map of constantly sunny skies looks a lot like nothing.

i'm happy with the beautiful widgets and this other weather widget that i can't think of the name for right now. all i really need is a forecast and high/lows. :)

Too funny!

I haven't done a side by side comparison, but I've been using the Weatherbug app and am very impressed. Temp shows up in the notification bar, multiple map views (radar, satellite), very sharp.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I ended up buying beautiful widgets and it gives you a little more then just weather. I have the weather with the flip clock and really like it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I using abc12 website for radar just go to there weather the radar and change the zip code to where your at. Its a Michigan site but you maybe able to get radar outside the state.

darrinaltman

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
It seems as though Weather Widget - Donate and Beautiful Widgets weather widget are the same. Anyone know if there is any difference between the two?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
It seems as though Weather Widget - Donate and Beautiful Widgets weather widget are the same. Anyone know if there is any difference between the two?

i have them both, i'm liking weather widget donate better than beautiful widgets

weather widgets can be skinned (its in the options for the app) and has more customizeablilty (you can set units, night icon time start, day icon time start) has a cool 3 day forecast when you click on the icon, and a neat animation.

the extra widgets that come with beautiful widgets are nice, and so is the widget itself, but personally, i'm going with weather widgets donate for now. :)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that one i believe is made by HTC, both beautiful widgets and weather widgets try to emulate some of it, so you can give those a whirl and see if they suit you

ColonialFarms

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Frustrated New Droid Owner

I cannot get any weather radar website to ANIMATE on my new droid.
This is actually one of the main reasons I bought this phone ... please help.

I am not very tech savy - so it may be something that I am doing wrong?

I have 3 weather websites that I usually follow on my home computer desktop ... but none will ANIMATE on the DROID. I can open all the weather websites in the browser - just no animation.

Is there a reason that it is just a STILL FRAME and not loading the 6 frames to show the movement of the rain and storms?

For our family-operated business ... I run an outdoor recreation service ... it is very important that I am able to bring up the current weather radar maps WITH MOVEMENT to see which way the storms are heading and how fast with time stamps - if possible.

Is there a setting that I have to change to allow it to load properly?

Anyone else having this problem?

Please let me know any way to get ANIMATED LOCAL RADAR MAPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams