Best weather app

danootz

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there any app or something that will place weather information ONLY in the slide down notification tray? Weather Channel comes so close, but I'd rather not have the blue icon on the top bar.

danootz

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No memory/battery sucking issues with weatherbug? I thought I read a review like that but it might have been an old review.

(For some reason I associate weatherbug with spyware ;P but i'm willing to try it if it has the function i described)

Reactions: kart180

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've used Beautiful Widgets ever since I got my droid. The only thing that drives me nuts is the little big of lag I get sometimes when I wake my phone up and that widget is the last one to load up. I don't use a task killer either. Other than that I love it. I have heard good thing about weather widgets donate though too so I may try that out.

As far as real weather widgets that let you see radar, extended forcasts, etc. I've currently got both Palmary and WB elite on my droid. I like the layout of Palmary alot, and my only real complaint other than not having a widget is that I wish there was a way to turn off the airports view and maybe put a button to view the Radar up there instead. I don't fly too much so having the airports as such a prominent view doesn't benefit me very often.

I like WB Elite, the overall layout and functionality is nice, plus it integrates using google maps so when you see the radar and satellite animations it's pretty cool to see it with maps.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I was using the Weather Channel App until today. We had some winds, and receiving audible alerts on my phone was a deal breaker since there seems to be no way to turn them off. Very stupid for them not to let us turn that off. Using weather bug for now, but I think I may get Beautiful Widgets.
In settings you can control what alerts you want to get.

I also like the different widget options.

Also soneone asked about animated radar. The Weather Channel app does have animated radar. Press Map It → Play to animate the maps.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I use WeatherBug Elite and the basic HTC sense weather on my Incredible. They both seem to be great. WeatherBug is definitely more in depth though, as expected.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use Weatherbug Elite since its on my Ipod and I like it but, when I tried it it was over a month ago and "FC" on me enough I removed it still within the 24 hr trial period so wasn't charged for it.I been using weather channel free since no problem with it.The blue icon weather channel shows on your notification bar turns to a red icon when your server weather notifications are turned on
I have used "rainydays"radar but its just a radar nothing more and I wanted more :p

Last edited:

kart180

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Weatherbug is a good app for detailed weather. The deafult HTC Sense weather app is also good for quick overview.

The Weather channel app is good but I uninstalled because there was no setting for Celsius temperate measurement.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful widgets looks the best I think with hundreds of skins. Weather bug is more accurate so I have that open when I tap on the 5 say in BW. Best of both worlds.

tinman02

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Found A Good Weather App

I used to have weatherchannel app and tried the accuweather app as well. I just seemed to always have problems getting the times and weather in sync. The latest I downloaded has not given me any problems at all. So far so good!

Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.

Android Weather Widget - Android Weather Widget - Best Animated App

Video:
YouTube - Animated Weather Forecast App For Android Free Realistic Weather Forecast on Your Android.avi

dpw09

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there any app or something that will place weather information ONLY in the slide down notification tray? Weather Channel comes so close, but I'd rather not have the blue icon on the top bar.
You mean like this? transparent clock & weather
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roid27.transparentclockweather&token=uN01oBQI
98ee4ccb728451aae6b3c9c7960ace6f.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm