08-13-2017 06:29 PM
79 123 ...
tools
    New to the android and I'm missing my Berryweather which would show radar and much more. What is the best weather app? I'm ok if I have to pay for it.
    11-06-2009 07:57 PM
    i like weather channel
    11-06-2009 08:03 PM
    Looks like weatherbug has an android version and there's a free iMap weather app as well.

The nicest feature that I like ina weather app, although I'm still on BB, is animated maps.
    11-06-2009 08:10 PM
    I'm using the weather widget app available for free in the android market. Nice looking widget, but I'm not sure if it will get as detailed as you want it. It doesn't have a radar map for example...
    11-06-2009 08:14 PM
    there is a weather bug as well as a weather channel app, i think the latter has radars.

i always thought they were interesting, then realized i live in southern california and an animated radar map of constantly sunny skies looks a lot like nothing.

i'm happy with the beautiful widgets and this other weather widget that i can't think of the name for right now. all i really need is a forecast and high/lows.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    11-06-2009 08:19 PM
    there is a weather bug as well as a weather channel app, i think the latter has radars.

i always thought they were interesting, then realized i live in southern california and an animated radar map of constantly sunny skies looks a lot like nothing.

i'm happy with the beautiful widgets and this other weather widget that i can't think of the name for right now. all i really need is a forecast and high/lows.
    Too funny!

I haven't done a side by side comparison, but I've been using the Weatherbug app and am very impressed. Temp shows up in the notification bar, multiple map views (radar, satellite), very sharp.
    11-07-2009 07:45 AM
    I ended up buying beautiful widgets and it gives you a little more then just weather. I have the weather with the flip clock and really like it. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    11-07-2009 09:55 AM
    What is "beautiful widgets"? I have not found radar yet.
    11-07-2009 04:24 PM
    What is "beautiful widgets"? I have not found radar yet.
    Beautiful Widgets | LevelUp Studio

there ya go.

note: there's no radar in this
    11-07-2009 04:41 PM
    I using abc12 website for radar just go to there weather the radar and change the zip code to where your at. Its a Michigan site but you maybe able to get radar outside the state.
    11-07-2009 05:44 PM

there ya go.

that widget is really nice.. going to have to get that one once I get my droid.
    11-07-2009 06:39 PM
    I like weatherbug. It has radar, and as mentioned above, gives the temp in the notification area.
    11-07-2009 08:47 PM
    It seems as though Weather Widget - Donate and Beautiful Widgets weather widget are the same. Anyone know if there is any difference between the two?
    11-07-2009 09:12 PM
    For radar try Radar Now.
    11-07-2009 09:17 PM
    It seems as though Weather Widget - Donate and Beautiful Widgets weather widget are the same. Anyone know if there is any difference between the two?
    I have used both and I think th Weather Widget - Donate looks better overall.
    11-07-2009 11:13 PM
    i have them both, i'm liking weather widget donate better than beautiful widgets

weather widgets can be skinned (its in the options for the app) and has more customizeablilty (you can set units, night icon time start, day icon time start) has a cool 3 day forecast when you click on the icon, and a neat animation.

the extra widgets that come with beautiful widgets are nice, and so is the widget itself, but personally, i'm going with weather widgets donate for now.
    11-07-2009 11:14 PM
    Does anyone know what Weather Widget comes on the Eris, that one is really nice?
    11-08-2009 08:02 AM
    that one i believe is made by HTC, both beautiful widgets and weather widgets try to emulate some of it, so you can give those a whirl and see if they suit you
    11-08-2009 11:16 AM
    Get the weather channel app
    11-08-2009 07:55 PM
    I cannot get any weather radar website to ANIMATE on my new droid.
    This is actually one of the main reasons I bought this phone ... please help.

I am not very tech savy - so it may be something that I am doing wrong?

I have 3 weather websites that I usually follow on my home computer desktop ... but none will ANIMATE on the DROID. I can open all the weather websites in the browser - just no animation.

Is there a reason that it is just a STILL FRAME and not loading the 6 frames to show the movement of the rain and storms?

For our family-operated business ... I run an outdoor recreation service ... it is very important that I am able to bring up the current weather radar maps WITH MOVEMENT to see which way the storms are heading and how fast with time stamps - if possible.

Is there a setting that I have to change to allow it to load properly?

Anyone else having this problem?

Please let me know any way to get ANIMATED LOCAL RADAR MAPS.
    11-08-2009 08:32 PM
    For radar try Radar Now.
    Finally ... Thanks!

This is the first weather site that will actually animate with time stamps the local radar and its movement. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am older and not very tech smart. I am all new to this APPS thing - so much info to sort through and learn over the last 24 hours since purchasing my first smart phone - very exciting though! Thanks for your help to us older first timers ... it is really appreciated.

Do you know why my other favorite weather websites will not animate on the DROID? Is there anything I can change in my phone settings to animate them? I have a couple of other website favorites ...with long term (4 hour) radar movement and better zoomed in specific local radar, too. For our outdoor recreation business, I really could use them - if there was something that I could do to make them work.

Thanks for any suggestions ...

If not - the RADAR NOW app will do. Thanks again.
    11-08-2009 09:39 PM
    i use weather channel but you should make it a poll so it easy to see the most popular at a glance.

id love that, thanks
    11-09-2009 10:58 PM
    i like weather channel
    Ditto. I'm spoiled by TWC's weather maps that include the radar & clouds. I like to see what kind of cloud cover is generating rainfall, and this is a big factor for when I want to drop the top on the Jeep!
    11-10-2009 06:16 AM
    i have them both, i'm liking weather widget donate better than beautiful widgets

weather widgets can be skinned (its in the options for the app) and has more customizeablilty (you can set units, night icon time start, day icon time start) has a cool 3 day forecast when you click on the icon, and a neat animation.

the extra widgets that come with beautiful widgets are nice, and so is the widget itself, but personally, i'm going with weather widgets donate for now.
    Good advice. Just got it. Its awesome.
    11-10-2009 11:39 AM

there ya go.

ok.. i just discovered the whole app/barcode thing -- that's freakin' amazing.

does everyone else already know about this?
    11-10-2009 11:57 AM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD