There is a bunch of Caller ID apps for the AndroidOS in the marketplace, but they all seem to have some type of limitation. So I thought I would ask here, which Caller ID app is the best overall? Just apps that don't have monthly/yearly fees please.

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -
    09-30-2011 12:24 AM
    I tried a bunch of the Caller ID pay-apps and none of them worked. I didn't get a notification before, during or after calls. Maybe my phone is just defective, but I was surprised none of them worked. And for the prices that some of those apps carry, just so you can keep getting access to the service after a set amount of time has past. Those apps should be able to paint a house or rebuild a car from stratch, because the extra hidden costs add up. Its crazy how many extra added fees there are with some of those apps and services.

It is sad though, because I really wanted to have full Caller ID on my Android phone. I just don't know if that is possible just yet.

I would still like to hear from anyone that actually got the apps and services to work correctly. Which apps did you try and how well did they work for you? And what type of fees did the apps carry?
    10-09-2011 11:27 AM
    I've been on the hunt for a while now myself for the same thing. Like yourself, unfortunately I still haven't come up with anything.
    the2ndflood likes this.
    10-09-2011 11:08 PM
    I've been on the hunt for a while now myself for the same thing. Like yourself, unfortunately I still haven't come up with anything.
    Yeah its sad and pathetic that I can't find even one app that can perform a full Caller ID. I wanted to find at least one app that would tell me which city and state the call is coming from, but I haven't found that yet. On my Palm Pre there is a patch that does that, so I got used to having at least that much info, and now that I don't have that on my phone, I miss it. Is Caller ID really that difficult to perform on a mobile phone? If you do find one, please let me know. I will also post anything if I come across and app worth mentioning.
    10-11-2011 04:06 PM
    Still can't beat city id on vzw. The devolper owns that patent and shuts every one down that tries to use it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-11-2011 04:09 PM
    Still can't beat city id on vzw. The devolper owns that patent and shuts every one down that tries to use it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    With Verizon though you can use Bitpim to backup the apps, then cancel them, then use Bitbim again to reinstall the app and use it for free. So even if the service and app isn't worth it, you can still use it for free. But paying all of the fees for Caller ID on our Android phones, isn't worth it yet. Plus none of the software is any good.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -
    10-11-2011 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD