10-12-2010 02:05 PM
231 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks for the clarification.
    05-13-2010 01:42 PM
    App force closed when accepting a friend request.
    05-13-2010 01:53 PM
    Must be for above 1.5 because it doesn't show upon in Market.
    05-13-2010 02:03 PM
    @ock: any chance you can get me a log of the force close? It seems to act weirdly on your phone. sorry about that.

@saved..: it is indeed intended for Android 1.6+. Sorry.
    05-13-2010 02:19 PM
    I had a force close when I first opened it. I uninstalled, reinstalled and it opened fine. It opened showing Tulsa, but I am in southern California. I have been having issues with maps and gps, so that might be part of my problem. It fc's on me whenever I try to move the map. 5 or 6 straight times now it has fc'ed due to just touching the map.

I'm on a stock Droid, 2.1.
    BeerBelly likes this.
    05-13-2010 02:51 PM
    @paul: any chance I can get a log of those force close problems? It would really help to stabilize the app.
    05-13-2010 03:45 PM
    @paul: any chance I can get a log of those force close problems? It would really help to stabilize the app.
    Sure, just point me towards where the log is.
    05-13-2010 04:15 PM
    Sure, just point me towards where the log is.
    Log collector app in market, but you will need an email address to send it to.
    BeerBelly likes this.
    05-13-2010 04:17 PM
    Email address to send the logs to is: bostjan.brumen@gmail.com

I'll be happy to receive any logs whatsoever.
    05-13-2010 04:37 PM
    Update - My fc issues cleared up once my GPS issues went away. I can see a handful of users near me. And as I suspected, its a sausage fest.
    05-13-2010 08:49 PM
    This app seems like it's going to be pretty sweet, but my little blue android is looking pretty lonely in Seattle.
    05-13-2010 11:48 PM
    Update - My fc issues cleared up once my GPS issues went away. I can see a handful of users near me. And as I suspected, its a sausage fest.
    At the moment, there's a bug that's preventing the females to show up. It'll be cleared today most likely I think we have around 40 girls registered that are showing up as guys.
    05-14-2010 01:00 AM
    Just registered... Definitely has alot of potential... I see AVACOMPUTERS not too far from me...
    05-14-2010 07:50 AM
    Well, at first it didn't show up in the market, but maybe that's just because I'm in Hungary. Lets download this thing, after all the market description (viewed in AppBrain) says "for all android versions" !

... it is indeed intended for Android 1.6+. Sorry.
    So that's why it wouldn't install... Please remove the afore mentioned qoute from the description, if you haven't done so already! It's misleading. Also I checked the website too, no mention of the 1.6+ requirement that I could find.
    05-14-2010 08:20 AM
    Another suggestion: the ability to post my location manually instead of having it auto-update whenever it finds my location. for privacy reasons, I don't want it posting my location when i'm at my home or my office. And because it automatically updates my location, I won't even open the app when I'm in one of those two places. An option for auto or manual would be nice like Latitude has.
    05-14-2010 08:34 AM
    @Foxman: I'm sorry you were misled. I fixed both the description on the webpage and on the Android Market.

@ock: one of the things I wish to implement in the next few days. Tomorrow is probably gonna be the first update (which won't contain your option), but the one after that should be the one with the option integrated.
    05-14-2010 08:43 AM
    @Foxman: I'm sorry you were misled. I fixed both the description on the webpage and on the Android Market.
    Oh, thanks! I really don't want you to think that I'm mad at you or anything, because I couldn't find the 1.6 info. It's just that I think it's better to be clear about stuff like this, especially as your userbase grows. I'm sorry if you thought I was angry! I know that 1.5 is kinda old now, but there are still many of us out there. I guess I'll try this out once I'm updated, whenever that will be (come on, HTC...). But thanks for the quick reply!
    05-14-2010 09:01 AM

@ock: one of the things I wish to implement in the next few days. Tomorrow is probably gonna be the first update (which won't contain your option), but the one after that should be the one with the option integrated.
    No problem. Your attention to feedback and suggestions is great though. Keep up the good work.
    05-14-2010 09:01 AM
    At the moment, there's a bug that's preventing the females to show up. It'll be cleared today most likely I think we have around 40 girls registered that are showing up as guys.
    Wouldnt surprise me if most females register as males, and only relay their screen name to their friends for safety sake.

What do the different colors mean? Im blue, my coworker was red, then gray, and there are people on the east coast that are yellow, red, or gray.
    05-14-2010 09:32 AM
    Wouldnt surprise me if most females register as males, and only relay their screen name to their friends for safety sake.

What do the different colors mean? Im blue, my coworker was red, then gray, and there are people on the east coast that are yellow, red, or gray.
    Maybe the description of the colors should be in the app. I found it on the website. If I remember right:
    Blue - You.
    Green - Logged in within the last hour
    Orange - Between and 1 and 3 hours ago
    Red - 3 to 6 hours ago
    Gray - 6+ hours ago.

And before I sound like a creepy cyber stalker, my joke was more about how tech tends to lean towards guys and less about "I want my phone to get me some."

Although it would be awesome if it did.
    BeerBelly likes this.
    05-14-2010 10:23 AM
    Yes, the colors are exactly that. The help in the update will be much more substantial in the application itself.
    05-14-2010 11:16 AM
    Maybe the description of the colors should be in the app. I found it on the website. If I remember right:
    Blue - You.
    Green - Logged in within the last hour
    Orange - Between and 1 and 3 hours ago
    Red - 3 to 6 hours ago
    Gray - 6+ hours ago.

And before I sound like a creepy cyber stalker, my joke was more about how tech tends to lean towards guys and less about "I want my phone to get me some."
    Although it would be awesome if it did.
    Thanks, And I agree. I like the idea of the sales pitch. Standing on the Subway deck in Chicago, and ask someone if they saw the game today as you already know they are a cubs fan.

think about how much easier life would be if you were out in the bar, saw a 10 with her droid, and checked android town, and sure enough she is there. You could send a message from across the bar so that you dont have to worry about getting the crap kicked out of you by her BF that you failed to notice when if you would have had to walk over to hit on her:rolleyes:
    05-14-2010 11:39 AM
    Thanks, And I agree. I like the idea of the sales pitch. Standing on the Subway deck in Chicago, and ask someone if they saw the game today as you already know they are a cubs fan.

think about how much easier life would be if you were out in the bar, saw a 10 with her droid, and checked android town, and sure enough she is there. You could send a message from across the bar so that you dont have to worry about getting the crap kicked out of you by her BF that you failed to notice when if you would have had to walk over to hit on her:rolleyes:
    I see a man with a vision
    05-14-2010 11:51 AM
    I see a man with a vision
    Happy you saw the humor, and seriousness.
    05-14-2010 11:55 AM
    @nvr2nd: always, besides...i'm having fun developing this

@ock: do you have any suggestions how to choose your location manually? Or did you just have a switch in mind, which would automatically update the location or not. Still...with only a switch you'd still need to have one location "memorized" to always show you there.

If any of you have any suggestions how to implement this in the simplest manner for the user, do say.

Thanks
    05-14-2010 01:15 PM
231 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD