10-12-2010 02:05 PM
231 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Just DL and installed, see a few in the region, none real close though. Like the idea though.
    05-18-2010 09:18 PM
    Im bdselby in Iowa. Feel free to add.
    05-18-2010 09:29 PM
    I'm in NH...no one near me yet. My user is musicandnumbers just like on here
    05-18-2010 09:32 PM
    Very cool app sent the info to my friends and they installed as well. Couple of questions though. How do you delete notifications? When I try to send a picture I can take the picture and then nothing happens. Device is a Moto Droid, rooted, running Bugless Beast v1.0
    05-18-2010 10:06 PM
    I'm in Minnesota, I know I'm not the only Android user around here, I think it's time I got the old bat-signal out and re-tuned it to show "Andy" up in the night sky.
    05-18-2010 10:48 PM
    Great app and has a lot of potential. One bug, or at least something that bothers me a bit is:

I'll click to see a user's detail and when I hit the back key, instead of going back to the area that I was in, it centers my location. Hitting the back key twice should do that rather than a hitting it once.

Nexus One, rooted with MoDaCo custom rom r13.
    BeerBelly likes this.
    05-18-2010 11:22 PM
    I've installed it, as of right now I'm the only one in Santa Cruz. No problems so far for me, I'm using a stock Droid on 2.1.
    05-18-2010 11:25 PM
    Ok,

first of all, I'd like to thank the Androidcentral crew for the quick app review. It's definitely rewarding to see someone enjoy your work And I was a bit stumped when checking the user log this morning (living in Europe, so when the majority of the hype went on, I was asleep...), since it jumped from 1050 users to 1750 over night.

Thank you to all of you trying and contributing to the development of the app. It certainly makes things a lot easier when you have so many people reporting bugs, requesting features and generally using the app to see what can be improved.

If you're having problems with the app, I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out by sending a log to me.

You can do that by downloading an app called Log Collector from the Market, start Android Town and use it until it force closes and then run Log Collector and send me the log to bostjan.brumen@gmail.com
    That way I can see specifically what made the app crash and try to avoid it in the next update.

About the updates. There's one coming shortly (a smaller one in terms of added functions, since I was again focusing more on stability) that will include things like:
    • deleting notifications
    • adding custom text when sending a picture
    • having an option to save a picture sent to you

And again...any suggestions are more than welcome
    05-19-2010 01:28 AM
    I installed it last night. Very sweet app. User name there is the same as here, Greenville SC USA area.
    05-19-2010 06:06 AM
    I installed it last night too. I found a about 6 folks in the central ohio area. I'm the only one in Hilliard though.
    05-19-2010 09:07 AM
    for some reason it always shows my location as my home address. i dont even know how it knows where i live, so why doesnt it track my position by where i currently am, and why does it know where i live? haha.
    05-19-2010 10:11 AM
    just installed and so far I like it....good app dev....my screen name is the same as on here....Phoenix,AZ
    05-19-2010 10:56 AM
    Glad most of you like it I'm working hard at debugging the app so if anyone has any logs to send of the app's force close it would help a lot.

Tomorrow or on friday I'll release a new update btw. Not a very big one in terms of features though.
    05-19-2010 12:21 PM
    Glad most of you like it I'm working hard at debugging the app so if anyone has any logs to send of the app's force close it would help a lot.

Tomorrow or on friday I'll release a new update btw. Not a very big one in terms of features though.
    Log coming your way. got my first force close as I was doing some other market upgrades. hope it helps.
    BeerBelly likes this.
    05-19-2010 02:03 PM
    Thank you! It helped!
    05-19-2010 02:52 PM
    Hey just downloaded this.none near me in Liverpool. Add is tho un: SALSASHARK
    05-19-2010 07:44 PM
    Just downloaded the app as well

Runnin it on a rooted Hero. No FCs, and seems to run fairly smooth. And there's quite a handful of users in the Chicago area too
    05-19-2010 09:36 PM
    It's been getting some attention the past day yes. The review on the front page of Androidcentral really helped. User count more than doubled in 24 hours and is now up to 2700. Let's hope users keep on coming
    05-20-2010 01:07 AM
    I personally have definitely seen the impact of the additional exposure. Everywhere that I looked at the app yesterday, there was at least two or three (sometimes more) users within a 10km radius. That definitely wasn't the case just a few days ago. Good job!
    05-20-2010 08:48 AM
    BeerBelly, if receive notifications is disabled will I get notifications when I open the app? If not could you add some type of manual sync that will check the server or have the app poll the server to check on launch?

Also, once a GPS fix is obtained does the app put the GPS to sleep? It seems to keep it active which I guess would be handy if you are moving, but not if your in a fixed location. To be frugal with the battery maybe the GPS could be turned off once a fix is obtained and then cycled every x num of mins. The setting could be always on or poll every x mins.

Lastly when I tap on the icon for me it would be nice to have a popup box like I see for other users that shows my public details. The popup menu could have something along the lines of Details, Settings, and Search.
    05-20-2010 12:35 PM
    Some new stuff going on.
    Forums (Android Town - social community) now work as they should using your application username and password.
    The website is getting a redesign in the next couple of days as well.

There is also an update available on the Market.
    Changelog as follows:
    • switch between metric and imperial units
    • regulate number of users shown on screen (max number)
    • when sending a picture you can also add text to it now
    • you can save a picture you've been sent
    • by long clicking on a notification you can now delete it, or deny a friend request (it will go away next time you reload notifications)
    • you can also delete your account as well (main screen -> Menu -> More... -> Delete account
    • search key on mainscreen now puts you into the search screen

If you enjoy the app, please rate it at the Market
    05-20-2010 01:18 PM
    BeerBelly, if receive notifications is disabled will I get notifications when I open the app? If not could you add some type of manual sync that will check the server or have the app poll the server to check on launch?

Also, once a GPS fix is obtained does the app put the GPS to sleep? It seems to keep it active which I guess would be handy if you are moving, but not if your in a fixed location. To be frugal with the battery maybe the GPS could be turned off once a fix is obtained and then cycled every x num of mins. The setting could be always on or poll every x mins.

Lastly when I tap on the icon for me it would be nice to have a popup box like I see for other users that shows my public details. The popup menu could have something along the lines of Details, Settings, and Search.
    You can always check for notifiations by going to the profile screen. They won't be automatic when you launch the app though, if you have them disabled.

GPS turning off could be an option yes. Maybe we can also make a setting for it.

User profile as seen by others is coming. You can click on yourself right now as it is and it will show you the same options as for others. User details will then show you how others see your profile. I need to make a seperate popup for yourself though.
    05-20-2010 01:21 PM
    I grabbed the update, looks good.

I do just want to mention that I think it is really awesome that you are adding in the advice that you are getting from the forums. Just a couple of days ago this was just a coulple of people on the app. When I signed up the closest person to me was 7 hours away. Now there are thousands within 500 miles. I dont know what your expectations were for your app, but this thing has exploded, Congrats on the success.
    05-20-2010 03:10 PM
    Great update. this app keeps getting better and better :thumbsup:
    05-20-2010 03:32 PM
    Thanks and thank you gbhil for a great review (I wish I was at I/O too ). Probably gonna dish out a new update in an hour since I just found a little bug...
    05-20-2010 03:44 PM
231 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD