10-12-2010 02:05 PM
231 ... 78910
tools
    Thanks for filling in on the support issue
    06-29-2010 10:52 AM
    No one around Cincinnati yet!
    Cincy here and I just installed this app. Looks pretty cool. Should be fun once more people join.

ETA: User name is MsRed513
    06-29-2010 11:34 AM
    I don't think I've seen this suggested, but my apologies if it already has been. I'd like to see a setting of a default radius. It always resets to 1 mile, but I'd like to keep it at say, 50 miles. You know, until this thing really goes viral.
    06-29-2010 05:56 PM
    I agree id like to make mine default to like 10 miles.
    06-30-2010 07:31 PM
    Good suggestions. I'll take that into consideration for the next update. Shouldn't be too hard to add.

In the mean time:
    Update to 1.6 on the Market:
    - added a Contacts section; you can now email, text, call, msg your phonebook contacts directly from the app. If a contact is found between your AT friends it will link them.
    - Text view of the application for less bandwidth use
    - bugfixes

Let me know what you think of it.
    07-02-2010 03:02 AM
    Just out of curiosity, I noticed that the permissions that the app needs have increased by a bunch (in fact, now it requires more system permissions than any other app that I have downloaded from the market). Not to sound paranoid or anything, but that has kept me from updating. Any particular reason?
    07-03-2010 07:40 PM
    Old permission warnings:

New permission warnings:
    07-03-2010 07:47 PM
    Hey,

I'm glad someone else checks permissions before an app install. The added permissions are there since the application already contains certain frameworked classes to later enable a full sync account for AT friends/contacts.

This means that in the next release you will be able to add an AT account under Accounts & Sync in the android settings. The sync account will keep your AT friends synced both ways. So what you change in the phonebook will reflect in the cloud and vice versa.

Of course the account integration will be completely optional. The currently added Contacts section also requires the read/write contacts permission.

Hopefully I answered your question?
    07-05-2010 02:44 AM
    Okay list of issues I am having big time.
    *I hit the upper left icon it flashes getting location from database

*I hit the compass icon it flashes getting location from database

*Messages don't delete from the app until you exit and re-enter the app.

*My location never changes from my house and I have the app set to manual and gps locations under settings. My GPS on the device is enabled.

*Keep getting will you be my friend from same user and she hasn't logged on since the fifth. When the message repeats it keeps the original date as if it was being pushed over and over again.

I would like to be at a baseball game, etc. and see who is around me by hitting the update location button.
    However this never works. I have to scroll from my house to where I am out, then zoom in to find people where I am at.

*FC's a lot since adding contacts from my address book.

*Avatar says 100% loaded on the website but it still won't appear in the app or on the web.
    BeerBelly likes this.
    07-08-2010 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the report. I'll take a look at those issues.
    07-09-2010 01:15 AM
    Some I got working. Even though the avatar doesn't appear in my profile either on phone or web others see it. Gps working again. Had to lower intervals.
    Is there a way to invite contacts to sign up for android town from within the app?
    Any contacts that you have starred on a device don't show up in contacts.
    07-10-2010 10:49 PM
    I say make yet another color for members of androidcentral
    07-10-2010 10:52 PM
    I'm in the progress of releasing an update that fixes some of the issues mentioned. Should be there tomorrow.
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    07-12-2010 07:46 AM
    An update with quite a few bugfixes is up on the market. Check it out.
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    07-13-2010 06:48 AM
    Thanks BB will do!!!!
    07-13-2010 10:49 AM
    The next update will also provide you with an option to move the app to SD if you're running Froyo.
    07-30-2010 08:22 AM
    I see that we can send a photo to a user, but when I touch their android figure on the map, nothing happens. Am I going about this incorrectly?
    07-31-2010 11:36 AM
    No, it should provide you with a few option after you touch the android figure. Are you connected to the internet while doing that?
    08-01-2010 05:40 AM
    On my phone, I believe I'm always connected to the internet. From the app on my phone, I long touch the user's message, which brings up a list:
    Add as friend
    Show user on map
    User details
    Delete msg/deny friend

When I select Show User on Map, it takes me to the map with their android displayed. I touch that figure and nothing happens.
    BeerBelly likes this.
    08-01-2010 10:51 AM
    Ah ok, I understand now what the problem is. The screen that is displayed after you select show user on map is bugged at the moment (doesn't display options). If you select menu on the main screen of the app (also a map screen) and choose search, you can find a specific user by entering his username and setting the radius to 20000 or so. These bugs will be gone in the next update.
    08-01-2010 10:59 AM
    Cool. Thanks for the quick reply!
    08-01-2010 11:09 AM
    Follow-up question, to send a user a picture, will there be a way to send a photo that is already on the phone, rather than take a picture at that time?
    08-01-2010 11:15 AM
    Yes, the option to send any file (photo, video, mp3,...) already on the phone is also being worked on as we speak.
    08-01-2010 11:33 AM
    Latest update on the market. Move to SD card for Froyo enabled and some bugfixes.

Next update is gonna add the option to upload profile pictures through the application and hopefully enable users to send files along with messages.
    08-10-2010 11:03 AM
    Ok, Android Town is now an obsolete name and application on the market. It was renamed to Peeples. Peeples is a seperate app on the market so you would need to download that one. It uses the same DB as Android Town so all your information is saved.

Peeples has the added options of:
    - uploading profile pictures and avatar through the application
    - sending files from SD card with messages as attachments (5Mb limit for now)

Try it out and let me know what you think.
    09-02-2010 07:08 AM
231 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD