Android Town - social community application

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Cool - I have a lot of folks within 50 miles. And a couple within 5-10 miles. Not sure exactly what I'm gonna do with this yet, but still cool. I'm surprised how many I saw in the Greenville, SC, area. But what are some of the practical applications for it???

Some suggestions:

In the profile, add a field for phone type. Maybe even a Recommended App field (other than this one, of course)

Down the road, perhaps it could display the user's latest FB and/or Twitter status

Also, I Emailed you about making the metric/US measure apply to the Search options as well as the main page.

Last edited:

BeerBelly

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

social network integration is coming. Next update is gonna have a major change in messaging though. Push messaging as well.

And I got your email. The system is already taking into account unit change...it just doesn't change label...a bug :p

BeerBelly

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Just a little preview of the new messages and settings section.

inbox.png

settings.png

BeerBelly

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you like it. Need to implement the push service still and then it'll be ready to publish. Probably in the next few days.

You will also be able to edit your profile within the app.

BeerBelly

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to cut down on messages posted to the server and received back...but at the moment it's hard to do so. Is there any particular section which you feel is really sluggish? What kind of a connection are you on?

theoverdrive

Banned
May 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to cut down on messages posted to the server and received back...but at the moment it's hard to do so. Is there any particular section which you feel is really sluggish? What kind of a connection are you on?

I can't speak for him, but for me, it's the most sluggish when it's returning results of a search. When it's still processing the search request, it can be hard to scroll around the map. But I think it's tolerable to be honest - if you're searching a big area, you need to be patient.

That said, it performs fast enough for all other functions.

I'm on a Droid Incredible, a mixture of Wi-fi and Verizon 3G.

BeerBelly

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

push messaging is implemented in a rough way right now :) I'm asking for some beta testers if someone would be interested.
Just state your phone model please and the username in the app.

BeerBelly

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Update posted on the market:

Changelog:
- push messaging
- messaging system redesigned (inbox, sent, contact list)
- settings divided into 3 logical subgroups
- the chance to edit the profile from within the app (not pictures yet though)
- app is faster now

Try it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance