Launcher Pro on stock vs sense phones

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have am using Launcher Pro Plus on the original HTC DInc and am getting ready to trade up. I'm thinking I'll likely go for either the HTC "Vigor" or the Nexus "Prime" when they are released.

Going with another HTC is appealing since I'm already accustomed to Sense. But am I really using Sense if I have LPro running over it? And, if I decide to go with the Prime (stock Android) and run LPro on that phone, will I essentially have the same or very similar interface that I would have with LPro running over Sense on the Vigor?

Basically I'm wondering, as a loyal user of Launcher Pro, if Sense vs stock should play into my phone choice if I plan on using LPro either way. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
It won't matter either way. Any of the launchers you can get on the market are basically their own things; meaning, if you run Launcher Pro over Sense, you're not using Sense at all. Launcher Pro will look the same regardless of if your phone is running Sense, Blur, or any other manufacturer launchers.

The only thing it might make a slight difference on is battery consumption. Honestly, I'm not sure how much battery the manufacturer launchers use, versus things like Go Launcher, Launcher Pro, ADW, etc. I'd imagine it's not really THAT big of a factor, though.