Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
lmao. Is that a real app? I was under the impression it was a spoof. In either case I LURVE the idea, and would equally LURVE having it on my Hero.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes its a spoof. But why couldn't it be real? Does Google Maps on Android support placemarks for mobile geotagging? If not, there's mobnotes.com which works with Layar.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
There isn't a reason, other than someone hasn't done it yet. And I would be the first buyer, so i could constantly geotag my useless son and mark him for the world to see as a google maps hobo :)

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Actually I did find an Android app that's very close to iHobo! AndroidCentral doesn't let me post links yet, but just do your own search for AIRPAINTER. And please let me know if it works on your Droid! (I don't have a Droid yet.)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Holy Christ. Perfect! (on my Hero though...Droid is at work in the desk...not active lol)

Where's that lazy son of mine.......

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Please post your impressions of Airpainter. I'm dying to know how well it works. (I don't have an Android phone yet. I'm waiting for the camera update for the Droid.) Also check out Geopaste. As far as I can tell, Airpainter and Geopaste are the closest we can get to iHobo for Android right now. Not to mention Layar 3.0 with 3D animation is coming real soon. But I don't think Layar yet provides for on-the-go persistent shared geotagging from your mobile phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton