Help with skype video?

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I have an HTC thunderbolt and finally got gingerbread. (The update has been pulled, but only because of voicemail notification issues. Everything else is okay, and I have the update on my phone.)

This supposedly allows us to use Skype video with FFC.

So when I try to skype video with my girlfriend on her macbook, or my other friend who also has a macbook, the video pops up and I can see myself for about 3 seconds, then when the call connects we both lose video of any type.

This has been the same experience on wifi and 3G.

Any ideas? Is there some setting on android or skype I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Try skyping someone with a phone _ if the problem persists then uninstall & reinstall the application.

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Also when I do a test video call to that test echo thing it says "This contact cannot currently send video." and it just shows an empty box in the middle. I don't see myself, but I don't know if I'm supposed to or not. I did reinstall and reboot again. Same problem.

I will see if I can find someone with Skype on the phone.

Clarissemikki

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't used Skype yet then it's time to dip the toe in the water. Used as a conventional telephone to make a phone call to another phone, Skype can undercut the prices of your regular carrier and save money on long distance calls. However, when Skype is used to contact other Skype users is where it really shines. Skype to Skype calls are free and, since you can download Skype for free, you can really talk to anyone, anywhere for free. Not only that, but Skype allows you to make video calls, record video messages to forward, and even make conference calls. Now you can even use Skype from your cell phone in the U.S. with most major providers.iPhone release date

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay status update:

It did not work Thunderbolt to Macbook (2 different people)
It did not work Thunderbolt to Droid 2 (I realize that the Droid 2 doesnt have FFC, but it still should have been able to use the rear camera I thought.
It DID work Thunderbolt to PC.

EXTREMELY frustrating. Any ideas anyone?

Thank you.