I currently use AVG Pro to lock my apps. So if someone stole my phone and got passed the password lock, they couldn't access any of my info stored in those apps. But I have seen other apps that claim they can also lock out apps and features. Does anyone here use one of these other locking apps, that could be even better then AVG Pro? Whether its a pay app or free app, what locking apps would you recommended?
    10-09-2011 03:15 AM
    There are a few in the market. Though, I can't say if the apps perform better or as good as the one your using. Do a quick search and see what is available.
    the2ndflood likes this.
    10-09-2011 10:25 AM
    There are a few in the market. Though, I can't say if the apps perform better or as good as the one your using. Do a quick search and see what is available.
    Do you have that you would recommend? I know in the app store there is a bunch of app locking apps, but I can't really tell how well they work based on the limit amount of app info and reviews.
    10-09-2011 10:44 AM
    I just want to offer some advice to anyone thinking about using a Locking App to lock other apps and services on their phone. You must also lock your (Settings) and (Google Marketplace). I don't know how different each Locking App is, but if they are anything like AVG Pro, then in order to make as close to sure as possible, that your apps will stay locked, you need to lock those two apps right off the bat. I don't want to go into a lot of detail why, I just want to let people know that up front. The locking screen on those two apps might seem annoying at first, but you will get used to it. Plus you can create shortcuts for many of the (Settings) menu option; so the lockout screen won't get in the way all that way. The Marketplace lock screen is just a necessary evil. You can also lock the Media Folders, so people can't see your pics and videos. But they can still see them if they remove the memory card and plug it into a computer. But you might be able to hide those folders using your computer and that would hide them from being seen on most computers, since most users have the Show All Files option turned off by default. I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know if it will work. I'm not really too worried about people seeing the pics on my phone, so I haven't tried that yet. I can't say for sure that this option would allow your Media Folder content to remain hidden on a computer, but still accessible on your phone. So test it out on a test folder and a few pics, that you can just make and transfer using your computer.

I hope that makes sense.
    10-09-2011 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD