K9 IMAP folders

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi yall,

I hope someone can help me to figure out how to setup the IMAP folders correctly in K9. By default K9 has local Trash/Sent folders, but it is not mapping those to the gmail's trash and sent. So the net result is in my gmail account I now have a trash and sent folder that K9 created and anything I've deleted or sent from my phone is stored there.

How can I map K9's folders so when I delete an email it goes to the standard gmail trash and the same with the sent?

Kage_

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I finally found the answer.

Open K9
Select Menu Soft key -> More -> Account Settings
Scroll down to Incoming Server
Select the Folders entry
Press the back arrow to remove the keyboard if needed
Scroll down to the bottom and you can select the Drafts, Sent, Spam and Trash folders.
Click and select the appropriate [Gmail] folder.

Kage_

Updated to reflect the current method in K9.

Last edited:

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I finally found the answer.

Open K9
Select Menu Soft key -> More -> Account Settings
Scroll down to Incoming Server
Press the back arrow to remove the keyboard
Scroll down to the bottom and you can select the Drafts, Sent, and Trash folders.

Kage_

You. Are. The. MAN!!!!! THANK YOU!!!
I've been searching everywhere for this!!

The Wyzer

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
OK I don't know if it is that I am using multiple accounts with K-9, or just that updates have changed the settings since this Thread was created.

To access the Folder Settings (with multiple accounts):
Open K-9
Menu < Accounts
Choose Account
Menu < More < Settings < Account Settings < Folders
Select Folder you want to change and scroll (if possible) the list of Folders to choose.

OK so now I have several accounts, as stated, and on the "C" account, it still shows it going to an "[IMAP]/Sent" and so on, yet the accounts "A", "B" all show the option to connect to "[Gmail]/Sent Mail", and can scroll through more options. For some reason I cannot get the "C" account to show the "[Gmail]/Folder" options, and there isn't a scroll choice, just 5 options total (NONE/Archive/INBOX/Sent/Trash) all of which create the "[IMAP]/" style folder stream in my Tags! All the settings that I can find match between accounts.

Am I missing something else, or is it maybe a bug for the last account?

I really don't want to delete the "C" account and reset it, yet if I have to, I will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech