View Poll Results: How much do you use all the functions?

66. You may not vote on this poll
  • To its fullest and then some!

11 16.67%
  • Pretty close if not all the functions, give or take one or two

33 50.00%
  • Not everyday, but I definitely use nearly all the functions

18 27.27%
  • I use just enough to justify using a smartphone vs. a dumbphone

2 3.03%
  • Barely, but I find smartphones easier to do those functions I use it for

2 3.03%
  • Other (explain)

0 0%
    I was thinking about this the other day as I was asked this

This means... aside from the 3rd party apps you download,
    do you use all aspects of the phone on a consistent basis;
    at least once a day?

Non Gmail App?
    Google Maps / Navigation?
    Web Browser?
    Calendar? (Scheduling)
    Clock? (Alarms and others)
    Music App?
    News & Weather App?

If you use replacements, that's good also.
    Example: Using Dolphin HD browser over the stock browser.

My answer: Barely, but I love having the option to do more
    when I want/need to.

Edit: Folders? Widgets?
    05-16-2010 11:40 AM
    All with the exception of Regular Mail and Calculator (I can add very well) and I use them daily.
    05-16-2010 09:43 PM
    I don't come close to using all functions each day but like you said, I love having the option to do so much when I want.

I guess after just a few months of having my Eris I am still in experimental mode because I probably install/uninstall (or keep) 5 to 7 new apps each day.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    05-16-2010 10:05 PM
    I don't use the music app or YouTube but I do use the others
    05-16-2010 10:29 PM
    Lol TDP. Math is my favorite subject, so I don't think I've ever started it up aside from the initial "let me start up every app and see how the look" day I got my N1.

For me, it's messaging, email, gmap + navigation, web browser & the Market. I plan to add the clock for the alarms.
    05-16-2010 11:53 PM
    I make these phones my b*tch
    If it's in there -- I use it.
    05-17-2010 01:14 AM
    I have yet to open the calculator. Top calculus in the 10th grade.
    05-17-2010 09:05 AM
    IMO "full potential" would include rooting and custom ROM's.

And what about apps that add functionality that isn't stock?
    05-17-2010 10:02 AM
    I use nearly everything. I have almost all 7 home screens full, Calulator when needed, Music player, 3 emails, Calendar, Internet, and more. The only thing that I dont feel I use a lot is the camera. GPS is a great thing when I use it.
    05-17-2010 10:15 AM
    Except for the calendar and calculator, I use pretty much everything there on a daily basis.
    05-17-2010 10:16 AM
    Calendar, contacts, phone, MSM, Email, Internet, tethered, plug it in to my stereo for Slacker and/or Pandora, photos & video (though my designated camera is the preference), weather, TV listings, Bible/devotions, games, Google docs, comparison shopping, and - one of my favorites - navigation (esp with the 2.1 update). My kids love to play with it as well - there's lots of somewhat educational games that work well for them.

I'm going through a divorce and I use Evernotes to make note of stupid things my ex is doing or has said so I'll be able to remember them when the time comes. That's been nice!
    05-17-2010 01:36 PM
    Except for the calculator, I've used just about everything. I was wearing the battery out so quickly in the first week!

Now, I don't think I use as much of it anymore. I think if there was an app for bluetooth printing (I have the paid version of Documents To Go), some more medical apps, and a barcode scanner "keyboard" (so that you switch to it on the fly, like the Touch or Swype keyboard, inside of any text entry box), I'd use it a whole lot more.
    05-17-2010 09:05 PM
    IMO "full potential" would include rooting and custom ROM's.

And what about apps that add functionality that isn't stock?
    It's pretty much your opinion... so if you want to include "rooting" and "custom roms", that's cool. Are you using it to it's full potential... from your perspective of yourself.
    05-20-2010 11:06 PM
    I use everything on the phone. The only things I don't have to use everyday is the navigation and Bluetooth. I mainly only use those two when I have to travel out of town so I can talk without holding the phone and to get where I'm going!

The rest I use everyday.
    05-21-2010 01:14 AM
    I think I use more of the features on this phone than any other device I have ever owned! I think that's because it's so easy and fun . With most of the other electronics I own, especially the POS Storm, it becomes such an agonizing experience that I just keep it as simple as possible, otherwise I'd be doing constant troubleshooting ( battery pulls), trying to figure out which of the "features" is causing the latest batch of problems. A good example is that I added photo's of my kids on their card so now when they call me, their picture pops up. It is the most totally unnecessary feature to have, but it always makes me smile whenever they call me. I wouldn't have even bothered doing that with the Storm for fear it would explode or something.

With the Incredible/Android I'm not afraid to download any app that I'd like to try or worried that if I use the browser that things will come to a screeching halt. It's really been a thoroughly enjoyable experience and this phone continues to amaze me.
    05-21-2010 08:44 AM
    Don't use calculator, clock, music or youtube app

Every other feature I pretty much use.
    05-21-2010 07:35 PM