Anyone using Twitter for Android? I like the feel of it but I can't figure out how to add a comment to an entry before I retweet it. If I select a tweet and then pull up retweet, it's gone instantly.

Any ideas?

Thanks everybody.
    05-16-2010 09:37 PM
    Just like the web, the ReTweet function doesn't allow you to quote the tweet so you can respond. If you'd like to quote, you can use another client and/or choose to "share" the tweet, but you'd still have to do some editing and honestly would be easier to use another client to quote the tweet.
    05-16-2010 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've been using Tweetcaster and it allows comments on retweets so I figured they all did. Guess there's not a perfect one out there, huh?
    05-16-2010 10:00 PM
    At least not for me there isn't... so I use 3 Twitter client :P

Twitter for Android
    Touiteur
    Seesmic
    05-16-2010 10:49 PM
    Hi. I haven't become an Android user yet (waiting on Evo), but the adding a comment to a retweet is a function of an older ersion of twitter. See if there is a setting that lets you do 'classic' retweets.
    05-17-2010 12:19 AM
    I'll assume that the official client will follow Twitter's official retweet policy, which does not allow you to comment on the tweet, while third party clients may offer us to choose the old, twitter-user defined retweet style. I use both types myself - sometimes I want to comment, sometimes I just want to share a tweet.
    05-17-2010 10:01 AM
    Just install an app that I've uploaded to the Market the day after the official app was released. It's called ReTweet and it lets you retweet the old way.
    06-01-2010 08:08 AM
    I wasn't friends with the official Twitter app only cause it would sign me in/out at random or turn on/off background notification when it felt like it. For a while I like Touiteur but that one started to bug out. It wouldn't notify me of updates and when I opened the app I would get notified of old tweets.....lol

I recently went back to Twidroid and absolutely love it!! It gives you the option of commenting on retweets. The only thing I wish it did was have a different color scheme for @replies and sent tweets.
    06-01-2010 11:36 AM
    the "official" twitter app was too generic for my taste. I've found that both Touiteur and Twidroid (both in the free versions) allow you to add comments before you Retweet.
    06-01-2010 03:42 PM
    Hopefully they add it soon... both official clients for iPhone and BlackBerry have it.

Since the iPhone version was really a 3rd party app that was bought out, I understand. But a couple days later, BlackBerry announced the "Quote Tweet" option was coming... in which it did.
    06-01-2010 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD