Time Lapse for Android ? Lapse It

maurrubio

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I want to present you a brand new version of Lapse It written from scratch and now it's NATIVE, you can capture really astonishing time-lapse videos with your device :)

For those who don't know, Time-Lapse is a photograph technique that is useful when you are trying to capture gradually changing events, such as growing plants, the movement of clouds, or the rising and setting of the sun. When played back at standard frame rates, events occur rapidly onscreen and otherwise undetectable patterns emerge, and that's what Lapse It allows you and your phone to do.

You can download it for free in Android Market, or you can visit our website and have more information at lapseit.com

Features:

• New native version written from scratch
• Powerful rendering engine based on LibAV
• Well designed UI improving visual and usability
• Capture resolution up to 720P on the full version
• Cool effects applied while capturing or before rendering
• Capture timer based on time or frames
• Render as MP4, MOV or FLV
• No restrictions for capture length or frames
• Video trimmer
• Easily adjustable settings
• Upload directly to YouTube, Facebook and many others

Some screenshots:

QR Code:

qrcode.png

A promotional video:

Thanks and I hope you enjoy !

Last edited:

maurrubio

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Common guys, this app is really nice and FREE, it's not possible that no one here gave a try. Please post some comments and feedbacks, I will really appreciate.

Thanks !!!

maurrubio

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Why no one in this forum post anything? I just pushed a new update with many great features, I'm sure many here will love the app, just give a try ;)

dumb donkey

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you can get rid of the horrible gray/white buttons and update them to a more ics look?
I hate the look of them, i don't know why most apps use them. Jusy my opinion. :)

Also is there anyway to auto dim screen (maybe even switch off if possible) a few seconds into recording to save battery?

maurrubio

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you can get rid of the horrible gray/white buttons and update them to a more ics look?
I hate the look of them, i don't know why most apps use them. Jusy my opinion. :)

Also is there anyway to auto dim screen (maybe even switch off if possible) a few seconds into recording to save battery?

Our idea is to start moving to more ICS look, this will happen sometime soon and dimming screen is already possible, try the Brightness Level option in the Settings view.

Also Lapse It just got a new version in the Market, some of the recent changes are:

? Full camera resolution captures
? Backwards Lapses
? Improved image quality
? Fixed 6000+ frames bug ( now theoretically unlimited )
? Overall tweaking and fixes

If you enjoy the app, please share it with your friends

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ui.LapseIt

Thanks

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the licensed version a little while ago. Have only done one actual "good" video with it, but that is of my own doing, not the app. The app worked perfect and I love how you can re-render the projects any time as long as you keep the images.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108850030774037828234/posts/dStNWyuJPXe

that's the link to the video. It was just 1 shot every 20 seconds on my drive to school. So nothing very exciting. The app works great, the UI is easy enough to navigate and use. I'll have to try it again since I haven't with the latest two updates.

Keep up the great work!

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Common guys, this app is really nice and FREE, it's not possible that no one here gave a try. Please post some comments and feedbacks, I will really appreciate.

Thanks !!!

App popularity is a misterious thing. Some stupid and trivial get viral while great apps don't get the attention they deserve.

Anyway, I always planed to record a timelaps of my commute to work. Lapse it looks like what I need.

If you are looking for feature ideas you can integrate it with GPS info. Fixed distance rather than fix time interval, lat/long frame stamping, showing a picture in picutre view of a small map with the current location, etc.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
GPS integration would be cool for sure yeah! Never thought about that. Maybe taken to the extent where you can then show your route via google maps or something in addition to what kamtsa said.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
SnyperX, looks very good. how did you mount the camera to the dashboard?

I used the Breffo Spiderpodium and wrapped it around my rearview mirror with some of the legs supporting the phone. It typically is used to hold it near my stereo for audio controls, but for the video I moved it. Though I recommend the black one as the white one does not stay white very long in a car........

Spiderpodium White | Breffo Store USA

maurrubio

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
GPS integration would be cool for sure yeah! Never thought about that. Maybe taken to the extent where you can then show your route via google maps or something in addition to what kamtsa said.

Yeah the idea is very nice, there is already some unused GPS implementation that I will have to work more on a future release.

Thanks for the suggestions.

maurrubio

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
App popularity is a misterious thing. Some stupid and trivial get viral while great apps don't get the attention they deserve.

Anyway, I always planed to record a timelaps of my commute to work. Lapse it looks like what I need.

If you are looking for feature ideas you can integrate it with GPS info. Fixed distance rather than fix time interval, lat/long frame stamping, showing a picture in picutre view of a small map with the current location, etc.

Seems that the secret of the popularity is going to the featured pages :p Lapse It exploded from 50k installs to 250k+ in one week with that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar