So in the new app market when I go to "My apps" I see a list of apps called "Not Installed"...It has Gmail and Evernote listed. Now I use Gmail...All the time so it is installed. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Whats it mean?

Will it be updated if its listed like that?

If it is a problem how would you fix it?

I do have the right email account picked from my 3 that are on the phone. So I was thinking maybe itsl listed under another email? I don't know just thought I would ask. Thanks a ton guys.
    10-26-2011 11:46 AM
    AFAIK they won't update if they're not installed. As for the GMail, there is a separate GMail app that you can have along with the stock e-mail app. I used both because the GMail app used to show how many messages you had in the inbox right on the icon. I find it easier to use than the e-mail app because it's dedicated to my main e-mail.

Hope this helps a little.
    10-26-2011 01:30 PM
    Thank you for your reply Poss,

I have the Gmail app installed and I am currently using it. This is why I am asking the question. Its installed on the phone and not the SD card. It's very strange! Again thank yous for the reply. I will continue to search around!

(the other email app is not in use by me)
    10-26-2011 02:09 PM
    So in the new app market when I go to "My apps" I see a list of apps called "Not Installed"...It has Gmail and Evernote listed. Now I use Gmail...All the time so it is installed. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Whats it mean?

Will it be updated if its listed like that?

If it is a problem how would you fix it?

I do have the right email account picked from my 3 that are on the phone. So I was thinking maybe itsl listed under another email? I don't know just thought I would ask. Thanks a ton guys.
    Sometimes it shows that for me as well, which usually shows if I click on it, there is an update for the app. Don't ask why it just doesn't show you need to update bcuz I dunno.
    10-26-2011 04:38 PM
    The My Apps section in the market can do some strange things after you switch phones a few times. Right now it shows an update available for You Tube but with I try to install it, it says not compatible with my device.
    10-27-2011 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD