07-11-2013 08:24 AM
578 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Just installed it, and it seems to be working. Coming from the BB I really disliked the stock email system on my DX, so maildroid is more of what I'm use to.
    07-24-2010 03:06 PM
    I have several email addy's configured... Is there anyway to have a universal inbox with Maildroid..? That would be great...
    07-24-2010 09:15 PM
    I just installed maildroid this morning, it's my first android device, coming from a blackberry after 6 years. Going to give it a try and see what I think, hopefully it works out well for me!
    Let me know how it is working out and if you have any suggestions.
    07-24-2010 09:16 PM
    I am new to Android and coming from Blackberry as well. What are the advantages of maildroid over the stock mail and gmail apps?
    Well, the gmail app is only for gmail. The stock mail app is missing a lot of features (too many to list), does not support idle push, and does not work for yahoo over wifi. I wrote this due to frustration and being an ex-crackberry user wanted to see good push mail.

Give it a shot, it's free ;-)
    07-24-2010 09:18 PM
    Just installed it, and it seems to be working. Coming from the BB I really disliked the stock email system on my DX, so maildroid is more of what I'm use to.
    Sounds good! Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.
    07-24-2010 09:18 PM
    I have several email addy's configured... Is there anyway to have a universal inbox with Maildroid..? That would be great...
    It is on my list of things to get done, but it won't be done till after Exchange 2003 support and search.
    07-24-2010 09:19 PM
    ahh... okay.. thank you for the quick reply...

I'm not going to hold you to anything... do you have any ETA..?. BTW, I'm very pleased with the application so far... nice job..
    07-24-2010 09:31 PM
    ahh... okay.. thank you for the quick reply...

I'm not going to hold you to anything... do you have any ETA..?. BTW, I'm very pleased with the application so far... nice job..
    Thanks. I hate giving an ETA since if I don't hit it, it makes me look bad. However, the ETA for search to be done is mid-end of august. So I imagine either last week of August or first week of September for the combined inbox. Again, don't hold me to this as so many things come up in the middle.
    07-24-2010 09:38 PM
    Thanks. Batch mode is coming in a future version and I am debating if it should be:

1. checkbox select all to delete
    or
    2. date range...delete all from X to X

Personally, I like the second option better, what do you guys think?
    Any word on when this feature might be added..

I would like the first one...I would select all and then uncheck the very few emails I needed to save...this is the only missing feature that makes the stock email programs better for me than maildroid. I appreciate the ability to use my hotmail account...I cant configure and get it to work under stock...
    07-24-2010 11:52 PM

I would like the first one...I would select all and then uncheck the very few emails I needed to save...this is the only missing feature that makes the stock email programs better for me than maildroid. I appreciate the ability to use my hotmail account...I cant configure and get it to work under stock...
    This will be done before combined inbox and will probably be tied to version 1.50.
    07-25-2010 12:06 AM
    I won't use Maildroid until it has a button to not delete off server when message is deleted from Maildroid. I need that feature to use. That feature K-9 has that Maildroid doesn't. I did try Maildroid today, and it seemed pretty good compared to EVO's Android Mail and K-9, but the lack of a feature I need, not to delete off server, I will have to wait till this is added to Maildroid.
    07-25-2010 12:11 AM
    This will be done before combined inbox and will probably be tied to version 1.50.
    This has to be done and done soon for Maildroid to continue to be viable in the mail client app market. That being said there is a work around unless you need instant action. Assuming you are using Google Mail or any other web mail you should be able to Select All in your inbox or other folder on your PC or accessing your web mail via internet on your phone browser. Simply uncheck the messages you want to save on your phone and bulk delete the rest. It is an extra step but does the job while we wait for the feature to be added.
    07-25-2010 10:33 AM

This has to be done and done soon for Maildroid to continue to be viable in the mail client app market. That being said there is a work around unless you need instant action. Assuming you are using Google Mail, Hotmail or any other web mail you should be able to Select All in your inbox or other folder on your PC or accessing your web mail via internet on your phone browser. Simply uncheck the messages you want to save on your phone and bulk delete the rest. It is an extra step but does the job while we wait for the feature to be added.
    07-25-2010 10:36 AM
    Is there a way to go to the next/previous email while viewing an email without having to go back to the inbox list in maildroid?
    07-25-2010 05:40 PM
    I won't use Maildroid until it has a button to not delete off server when message is deleted from Maildroid. I need that feature to use. That feature K-9 has that Maildroid doesn't. I did try Maildroid today, and it seemed pretty good compared to EVO's Android Mail and K-9, but the lack of a feature I need, not to delete off server, I will have to wait till this is added to Maildroid.
    you can set the folder that delete sends the mail to on yahoo. it was added by request from a user. If you have a good idea that you think needs to be added, tell him. He is working very hard to get this perfect and is getting very close. GREAT APP!
    07-25-2010 05:59 PM
    Is there a way to go to the next/previous email while viewing an email without having to go back to the inbox list in maildroid?
    I too would like this.
    07-25-2010 10:56 PM
    Maildroid cant do it... (yet..)
    07-26-2010 09:56 AM
    i use maildroid and i love it but yesterday i wanted to check out what K-9 is all about. I set up Yahoo and noticed that i wasn't getting emails. Do I have to setup polling intervals even though i want push emails?
    07-26-2010 11:51 AM
    i use maildroid and i love it but yesterday i wanted to check out what K-9 is all about. I set up Yahoo and noticed that i wasn't getting emails. Do I have to setup polling intervals even though i want push emails?
    Can't say for sure. But I will tell you that yahoo is tricky and much of my time spent has been coding for them.
    07-26-2010 01:09 PM
    @everyone:

1. 1.32 was released today. No major changes in this one. It had some bug fixes and one major technical change of cram-md5 support for a slew of users who had that turned on for their server.

2. Because of the massive influx of user requests, I am starting to look at delete from phone only and will try and get that out much sooner than I initially planned.

3. I will also consider adding a default inbox option to skip the account screen

4. previous/next buttons will be considered when I start to redo the UI
    Kevin OQuinn, dfine1966 and spun2u like this.
    07-26-2010 01:11 PM
    Thanks for keeping us updated and continuing to respond to user feedback.
    07-26-2010 01:13 PM
    Any way I can be updated when Reply and Forward flags have been added to Maildroid?

M
    07-26-2010 01:30 PM
    Just downloaded the application and was trying to retrieve a voicemail that came via email in .wav format. How can I listen to that voicemail without saving to SD? Additionally, any way to keep from having to contantly load the inbox as now when I open the inbox it takes time to load. Your advice is appreciated.
    07-26-2010 01:39 PM
    Any way I can be updated when Reply and Forward flags have been added to Maildroid?

M
    So I have debated this. Perhaps some people on the forum will chime in. I can do this one of three ways:

1. Locally. If you do something on the device like forward or reply, it will show on the device only (I think bberry is like this).

2. Sync. If your server supports the flag (most IMAP servers and no pop servers) I can sync if you reply or forward with your imap server. So if you reply on a desktop, I can sync and show a reply on the phone. This gets difficult because not everyone supports it.

3. Sync+Local. This will be a combination of both and would be technically a challenge, but I guess could be done.

I was leaning towards the first option and I think BBerry also just does a local and not a sync with the server. If this is acceptable, I think this can be easily done.
    07-26-2010 03:05 PM
    Just downloaded the application and was trying to retrieve a voicemail that came via email in .wav format. How can I listen to that voicemail without saving to SD? Additionally, any way to keep from having to contantly load the inbox as now when I open the inbox it takes time to load. Your advice is appreciated.
    If you click on the wav file (assuming you have a supported wav player) it should open up. I know that on some HTC phones (specifically the Incredible) this still won't open up.

Loading is going to have a complete overhaul around version 1.50. So for now, IMAP has no offline mode and POP3 has a crude offline mode system. In the overhaul, all of this will change...just need some time ;-)
    07-26-2010 03:07 PM
578 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD