07-11-2013 08:24 AM
578 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I just dl'd maildroid. Since I have only one email account, is there a setting so my account automatically opens without me having to click on the account once I open up MD
    Not in the current version (not yet, but it is coming)
    07-28-2010 05:30 PM
    Just read 33 pages of this thread to find out more about MailDroid v K-9, and I am highly impressed with @maildroiddev and the awesome support and active dev work; my hats off to you. I'll definitely be purchasing the pro version to support all of the great work. I am about to convert from my crackberry/BIS to a DroidX, which email is a critical app to handle multiple POP3 accounts.

My desktop is main email client (Outlook), which pulls emails off of the various POP3 account servers. I would love the option to automatically Bcc: myself from MailDroid so I can pull my mobile responses onto my desktop client to keep track of various email threads/my responses.

Question/wish list:
    Does MailDroid have an option to automatically prefill in Bcc: for mail-to-self per POP3 email account? If not, this is a much welcomed option I'd love to have. I believe K-9 Mail has this feature.
    07-29-2010 11:15 AM
    I like maildroid, but have some questions:

1. It doesn't seem to delete mail from servere. Is that normal? That is something I would like.

2. Can you move email into labels? If so how?

And that's all I can thing of so far.
    07-29-2010 11:45 AM
    Just read 33 pages of this thread to find out more about MailDroid v K-9, and I am highly impressed with @maildroiddev and the awesome support and active dev work; my hats off to you. I'll definitely be purchasing the pro version to support all of the great work. I am about to convert from my crackberry/BIS to a DroidX, which email is a critical app to handle multiple POP3 accounts.

My desktop is main email client (Outlook), which pulls emails off of the various POP3 account servers. I would love the option to automatically Bcc: myself from MailDroid so I can pull my mobile responses onto my desktop client to keep track of various email threads/my responses.

Question/wish list:
    Does MailDroid have an option to automatically prefill in Bcc: for mail-to-self per POP3 email account? If not, this is a much welcomed option I'd love to have. I believe K-9 Mail has this feature.
    yes K-9 Mail has the feature. I stopped using Maildroid because the Yahoo IMAP idle doesnt seem to be working anymore...I switched back to K-9 just because it has many more features that Maildroid doesnt. Unless MD plays at level of K-9, its not worth the effort.
    07-29-2010 12:33 PM
    I can not speak for Maildroid, because I have only had the Droid X for a few weeks and say K-9 first, so I tried that.

K-9 does offer bcc to email address, which I absolutely love. This way, whenever I send an email from handheld, I will get it on my desktop as well. I also like that K-9 as option to delete mail from server, however, I have found that it takes an extra step for me to actually delete from server (for example, if I hit delete on phone, it goes to trash. I then have to go to trash and delete from that folder in order for it to delete from server).

If Maildroid does both of these, I am highly considering checking it out as well.
    07-29-2010 01:06 PM

Question/wish list:
    Thanks. There is already a way to CC or BCC an account by default each time you send an email. I did not do self-bcc as I figured that locks you down to one account and instead made a way to CC or BCC any number of accounts (you can have mail1;mail2;mail3 etc.)
    07-29-2010 01:43 PM
    I like maildroid, but have some questions:

1. It doesn't seem to delete mail from servere. Is that normal? That is something I would like.

2. Can you move email into labels? If so how?

And that's all I can thing of so far.
    1. You will have to give me more details as it always deletes from server (pop3 or imap). The biggest feature requested is to have an option to 'not' delete from server and just phone as right now I always will sync a delete.

2. Yes. In your inbox, click menu and you will see an option to Move to Folders. I use the general term folders, instead of the gmail specific term labels. They are the same idea...
    07-29-2010 01:45 PM
    yes K-9 Mail has the feature. I stopped using Maildroid because the Yahoo IMAP idle doesnt seem to be working anymore...I switched back to K-9 just because it has many more features that Maildroid doesnt. Unless MD plays at level of K-9, its not worth the effort.
    K-9 is a great product. You need to use what works well for you. Many people can't get yahoo to work on k-9 but can get it to work on MD.
    07-29-2010 01:48 PM
    I can not speak for Maildroid, because I have only had the Droid X for a few weeks and say K-9 first, so I tried that.

K-9 does offer bcc to email address, which I absolutely love. This way, whenever I send an email from handheld, I will get it on my desktop as well. I also like that K-9 as option to delete mail from server, however, I have found that it takes an extra step for me to actually delete from server (for example, if I hit delete on phone, it goes to trash. I then have to go to trash and delete from that folder in order for it to delete from server).

If Maildroid does both of these, I am highly considering checking it out as well.
    Delete from phone only is coming in the next version. As stated before, the BCC option is already there.
    07-29-2010 01:49 PM
    It seems that many people don't know all of the features of MailDroid. Here is a short list that does not include the basic functions (compose, read, unread, flag, delete) as well as I am sure I missed some things myself :-)

Accounts Screen Menu:
    1. Address Groups: Allows you to create a group of emails and when composing just add that group name and not have to type out multiple email addresses each time.
    2. Notification Channels: Allows for one click access to quickly change sound, vibration, led, and/or icon being shown for MailDroid
    3. Long press to nickname account, edit settings, or delete an account

Account Screen Menu --> Preferences:
    1. Color Theme: Dark/Light
    2. List Item Font Size: Control font size of the lists
    3. Alternating row color: Only available in the light theme
    4. Default Signature: For all accounts
    5. Auto-Save drafts: Will autosave for you in case something happens while typing
    6. Confirm Delete: Are you sure you want to delete
    7. Show CC/BCC: Always show cc/bcc when composing an email
    8. Show Web Images: Always shows web images when viewing an email
    9. Offline Cache: Currently only for pop3. Location can be phone or SD
    10. Max Cache Size: Size of cache allowed in MB
    11. Notification Sound: Change default sound
    12. LED Color: Change default LED color
    13. Rules: * See below
    14. Prevent Sleep Mode: Read description
    15. Compact Database

Rules:
    Ability to create a custom rule per account or all accounts. You can control led color, sound, vibrate, or icon. You can change this settings based on time of day as well as day(s). You also can add multiple rules and prioritize them.

Menu within your inbox:
    1. Choose a folder: Allows you to move email between folders
    2. Account Preferences: * See below

Account Preferences (settings differ slightly for imap and pop3):
    1. Your Name: Outgoing mail name
    2. Account Nickname: For accounts screen list
    3. Folder for Deleted Mail: Define trash location
    4. Copy Sent Mail: Define sent mail folder
    5. Signature: Signature per account
    6. Auto CC: Account(s) to auto cc
    7. Auto BCC: Account(s) to auto bcc
    8. Advanced Connection Management: * see below
    9. Long press an email to do many of the above functions

Advanced Connection Management:
    1. Control Push (on/off)
    2. Control Pull Interval
    3. Never check mail option

Menu when reading an email:
    1. Save on SDCard: Export an email to .eml format
    2. Toggle selection mode: For cut and paste
    3. Show Images: If you hid images, here you can show them for an html email

Compose Menu:
    1. Attach File
    2. Add Reply-To: Send email from one account but user will reply to another account

Choose a folder menu:
    1. Add folder: This is currently only for IMAP
    2. Long press to rename/delete folder
    3. Long press to add a subfolder
    07-29-2010 02:05 PM
    ...and to add onto my last post, here is what I am working on now (not in any specific order):

1. Delete from phone only option
    2. Combined inbox
    3. Search
    4. Sort
    5. Filter
    07-29-2010 02:07 PM
    Very happy to hear... I can't wait to get the update.... For me the combined inbox and delete function is going to be a BIG hit...!
    07-29-2010 02:19 PM
    1. You will have to give me more details as it always deletes from server (pop3 or imap). The biggest feature requested is to have an option to 'not' delete from server and just phone as right now I always will sync a delete.

2. Yes. In your inbox, click menu and you will see an option to Move to Folders. I use the general term folders, instead of the gmail specific term labels. They are the same idea...
    After reading your later post and playing some more, I found the problem...it's me!!!

Things are working good. Just need to learn more about it.

I agree having the option to delete from device only or device and server would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Oh, my account is imap.
    07-29-2010 03:00 PM
    ...and to add onto my last post, here is what I am working on now (not in any specific order):

2. Combined inbox
    3. Search
    4. Sort
    5. Filter
    about freaking time :P hurry it up will you?? i will pay you!
    07-29-2010 03:18 PM

2. Combined inbox
    3. Search
    4. Sort
    5. Filter
    Are you working on the loading feature for imap so it stays on my phone and does not have to load up each time along with not having to choose an account when you only have one (I believe you mentioned these in previous threads)> add those along with the other updates and I will be a very happy camper. already love the app.
    07-29-2010 04:15 PM
    Are you working on the loading feature for imap so it stays on my phone and does not have to load up each time along with not having to choose an account when you only have one (I believe you mentioned these in previous threads)> add those along with the other updates and I will be a very happy camper. already love the app.
    Yup!
    07-29-2010 05:26 PM
    I installed the mail droid app and set up my email accounts. I get the notification that I received an email, but when I go to my mail droid inbox, there are no emails. Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help!
    07-29-2010 07:46 PM
    Since last upgrade I am not receiving emails overnight unless I re-boot. I never had to do this before. It only seems to happen while Inc is on charger for long periods of time.

Does this have anything to do with Prevent Sleep Mode? I have it set to "no" to save battery. It still notifies me when screen has gone dark as far as I can tell. Or is the fact that it is on the charger play a role?

Thanks.
    07-29-2010 10:44 PM
    Since last upgrade I am not receiving emails overnight unless I re-boot. I never had to do this before. It only seems to happen while Inc is on charger for long periods of time.

Does this have anything to do with Prevent Sleep Mode? I have it set to "no" to save battery. It still notifies me when screen has gone dark as far as I can tell. Or is the fact that it is on the charger play a role?

Thanks.
    Do you have a rule set up? I have a default rule set up for night, perhaps that just needs to be deleted.
    07-30-2010 08:45 AM
    I installed the mail droid app and set up my email accounts. I get the notification that I received an email, but when I go to my mail droid inbox, there are no emails. Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help!
    you did click the account with the asterisks by it correct stating that account has the new mail in it?
    07-30-2010 09:18 AM
    Thanks. There is already a way to CC or BCC an account by default each time you send an email. I did not do self-bcc as I figured that locks you down to one account and instead made a way to CC or BCC any number of accounts (you can have mail1;mail2;mail3 etc.)
    Excellent, exactly what I was hoping for. Yes, definitely like the option of choosing which account for the BCC's. Thanks.
    07-30-2010 11:59 AM
    you did click the account with the asterisks by it correct stating that account has the new mail in it?
    Lol...yes I did. I sent an email to the app developer and he was very helpful in getting everything working correctly!
    07-30-2010 01:06 PM
    Do you have a rule set up? I have a default rule set up for night, perhaps that just needs to be deleted.
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Doesn't the Rule simply turn off the programmed notifications during the stipulated time period and days? What is happening since the last upgrade is that I am not receiving the emails at all until I do a soft boot. If I have the Prevent Sleep Mode set to no does that mean emails will not be received until I open MD or just that I will not be notified when an email comes in (gMail). During the day when I am using the device frequently it notifies me when the screen is dark and locked even though I have Prevent Sleep Mode set to "no". Made it would help if you explain exactly what Prevent Sleep Mode does. If set to no what and when will I receive notifications of new mail.

Thanks.
    07-30-2010 02:03 PM
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Doesn't the Rule simply turn off the programmed notifications during the stipulated time period and days? What is happening since the last upgrade is that I am not receiving the emails at all until I do a soft boot. If I have the Prevent Sleep Mode set to no does that mean emails will not be received until I open MD or just that I will not be notified when an email comes in (gMail). During the day when I am using the device frequently it notifies me when the screen is dark and locked even though I have Prevent Sleep Mode set to "no". Made it would help if you explain exactly what Prevent Sleep Mode does. If set to no what and when will I receive notifications of new mail.

Thanks.
    I am redoing sleep mode a bit in the next version, so better to explain it then. However, now that I understand what you are saying it is a good question. When you said you were getting the mail during the day and not at night, I guessed a rule. But, it seems you don't mean notifications and instead mean actually push/pull (when it is plugged in).

Let's take this off the thread. Shoot me an email at maildroiddev at gmail. I'll work with you there.
    07-30-2010 02:35 PM
    One suggestion would be to have a button like k-9 that you can retrieve new emails right from the screen instead of having to hit the menu button and then the refresh button to get new emails. On K-9 you just hit the "get new messages" button on the screen . Makes it easier for one handed operation and when driving and you want to check email but dont want to take your eyes off the road. you can just leave the email open and touch the screen.

Also is there a way to re-order the Email accounts. I put 5-6 in and want the most used one to be on top of the list.

Also can you define which account is the main account for sending emails ?

Thanks its a great email app and while I am still using K-9 its probally only a matter of time until I am using MailDroid.
    07-31-2010 01:27 AM
578 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD