07-11-2013 08:24 AM
578 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Any word on when we can expect the 1.35 update? I'm using 1.32 now, but don't want to make any further suggestions until I get a chance to play with 1.35 since it is supposed to be a relatively major update.

Scott
    Same here this program has been working great, all I really would like is a way to send a email to someone from my address book.
    08-16-2010 08:35 AM
    im now using maildroid bc i was having issues with k9 erasing my accounts, and it was taking up way too much storage. in like it, but sometimes i have issues with the notification icon staying in the bar even when i check the email in the account. it only happens with one hotmail account.

also, it would be nice to be able to customize how often u want it to poll the email, and have individual account customization for colors and settings, etc.
    08-16-2010 09:51 AM
    also, why do i have to use O/I file manager to save attachments when i already have astro installed?
    08-16-2010 10:56 AM
    also, why do i have to use O/I file manager to save attachments when i already have astro installed?
    I had an issue with astro. You can use astro to upload and attach, but not download yet :-(
    08-16-2010 11:34 AM
    @everyone

Yes, I a still alive and kicking ;-)

Version 1.35 has been a long time coming and I ask you to wait just a drop longer as I fix the remaining 2 bugs on my list. I unfortunately, had to cut out some features as this just got way to big to handle and test. However, those features should go out in another week as they are basically done. Close to 40% of the code was re-written to take into account the future of MD. I pushed off this re-write for so long, but because of the requests coming in, I needed to do it and that is what it took so long.

For anyone who is interested in the "pdf bug", it should be fixed.
    08-16-2010 11:38 AM
    Bug fixing is always good! Thank you (again) for your attention to detail. Looking forward to v.1.35!
    08-16-2010 12:13 PM
    I had an issue with astro. You can use astro to upload and attach, but not download yet :-(
    its not that big of a deal....i dl'd o/i and its fine. maybe ill just dump astro in place of o/i anyway. they are both very similar.
    08-16-2010 12:15 PM
    1.35 is live. I removed some features as I said, but most are there and the ones removed will be here within a week or so.

1. Delete from phone only
    2. MAJOR speed changes
    3. PDF bug fix
    4. Filter in your email
    5. Sleep Mode option
    6. Bunch of bug fixes
    7. Count of unread mail

What is coming? Many things all of you have asked for..just sit tight.
    08-16-2010 07:53 PM
    i just installed 1.35 and it crashes. It's just not working on my Captivate.
    08-16-2010 08:33 PM
    Same thing here. Just installed the update on my Incredible and I am getting a force close error.
    08-16-2010 08:36 PM
    I see your errors coming in. Give me an hour and 1.36 will have the fixes. Sorry, so many changes :-(
    08-16-2010 08:39 PM
    Just registered to commend your outstanding service. I just got a Samsung Captivate a few days ago and am looking forward to 1.36 to fix the FC issue with the newest update. The 'don't delete from server' option will be the clincher for me.

Also a suggestion (and I'm not sure if this is an Android, Launcher, or MailDroid thing) but having a little bubble at the top right of the icon display the number of new messages would be awesome.
    08-16-2010 09:16 PM
    The errors most of you have seen are coming from a use-case I missed which was an empty inbox (pop3 or imap). A few more errors have come in, but the bulk are from the empty inbox.

I am finishing up the final fixes and will do a quick test and release something shortly.
    dmnall likes this.
    08-16-2010 09:35 PM
    maildroiddev, how about an updated icon?
    08-16-2010 09:54 PM
    maildroiddev, how about an updated icon?
    I have to say I agree. I'm sure you want to do something to differentiate your product from the rest and I understand, but I wouldn't mind a more stock looking icon as well.
    08-16-2010 09:58 PM
    1.36 has been pushed out. I am hopeful it fixes all the issues.
    08-16-2010 10:39 PM
    Just installed 1.36 and it is working great now. Thanks for all your great work on this.
    08-16-2010 10:58 PM
    Am I missing something or is there no trash folder in the actual app? When I delete a message, I want it to go to a trash folder, i.e. somewhere that's not the inbox, but not just be completely gone. I like to be able to go back weeks later and find a message if I need it, but not have hundreds of read emails just sitting in the inbox. All this happening on the device, having nothing to do with the server. Is this possible?

I use my new Android phone (previously an iPod Touch), a laptop, and a desktop to get emails, so I have them all set up to leave messages on the server so each device can download every email so I can reply to any message from any device anywhere anytime. I use Windows Mail for the laptop/desktop which has a deleted items folder of its own separate from the server, and I need the same thing for my phone.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a possiblility for this in the future?

Also, whenever viewing an email with pictures, it starts too zoomed in and it's often difficult/impossible to zoom out enough to see everything without having to side scroll.
    08-16-2010 11:53 PM
    1.37 pushed with a few more fixes

@iceman, a local trash folder will be added. Just did not get to it in time. As you can see, with so many changes, bugs are coming in, so I just needed to trim down the release a bit. Expect to see that local trash feature soon.
    08-17-2010 12:05 AM
    1.36 has been pushed out. I am hopeful it fixes all the issues.
    Thank you maildroidev,
    I downloaded it before I saw the forums to see that you launched it and so far it seems to be faster then the previous version! It also seems to handle email a bit better as well! Thank you again!

Cheers,
    Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    08-17-2010 12:06 AM
    1.37 pushed with a few more fixes

@iceman, a local trash folder will be added. Just did not get to it in time. As you can see, with so many changes, bugs are coming in, so I just needed to trim down the release a bit. Expect to see that local trash feature soon.
    Totally understand.. no worries. It's exciting to sit here and basically watch as updates are pushed out
    08-17-2010 12:26 AM
    Loaded the updates and everything seems to be working great. I love the number count and option to load older emails. The last is something I would have never thought of, but for me is just great. It just really works for my needs.

Thank you for all your efforts and I await the paid version. You deserve to be awarded.
    08-17-2010 08:24 AM
    Loaded the updates and everything seems to be working great. I love the number count and option to load older emails. The last is something I would have never thought of, but for me is just great. It just really works for my needs.

Thank you for all your efforts and I await the paid version. You deserve to be awarded.
    Thanks.
    08-17-2010 08:35 AM
    @everyone

A 1.38 version may go later today which just has some final touches and fixes for certain cases that I did not consider.
    08-17-2010 08:36 AM
    Maildroiddev....you seem like a great developer, and I applaud your ability to listen to what the "customer" wants. If only some other businesses took that approach. I love the app, and I look forward to whatever updates you push out.
    08-17-2010 08:48 AM
578 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD