07-11-2013 08:24 AM
578 1234 ...
tools
    I just signed up for both of them to test them out. One thing I noticed in maildroid is it has a "rules" option. I can set it not to email me at night while I'm asleep. I like that. then i can keep ringer on and even texts in case Someone needs to get in touch. Maildroid picks up emails for my yahoo right away too. Looks like maildroid so far but I'll keep them both for the day to test them out.
    06-26-2010 12:43 PM
    Now if Maildroid would just support Active sync for our exchange server at work I', all over it. I tried K-9 mail and touchdown and I'm back to the stock mail app on my Evo.
    dmo1028#AC likes this.
    06-26-2010 01:18 PM
    In the same boat. I want the ability to search my exchange email, and search older emails off the server. My windows 6.0 phone would do it, but my droid cannot.

K-9 is not happy with my companies self signed certificates. Found a little tidbit on the wiki they have, but nothing is really getting updated over there very quickly.
    06-26-2010 04:11 PM
    how do you download attachments with maildroid?
    06-26-2010 08:49 PM
    ok Maildroid kicks K-9's butt! IMAP push works instantly, better interface (even with the ads), cleaner and better. me likey.
    ok, I lied. I can't get Maildroid to share pix directly from the camera, it won't attach the files I want to send. Could be dealbreaker, and I really like Maildroid better than K-9.

06-27-2010 06:43 PM
    I'm using K-9 and it pulls my hotmail account ok but it is giving me error. error login allowed every 15min. and certificate domain does not match pop3.live.com

I have it check my hotmail account ever 3 hours.
    06-28-2010 09:57 AM
    I read through most of the posts here:

1. Hotmail does not allow you to log in more than 3x within 15 minutes. This does not matter if you are on K9, MailDroid, or some other application.

2. A paid version will be made eventually, right now as mentioned, MailDroid is still beta and I want to get a bunch of features in.

3. WebDav support will be available soon, ActiveSync is a bit more difficult due to licensing with Microsoft.

4. You can attach and share pictures, but there is a bug that you found when 'sharing' more than one photo at a time. I'll try and shoot a fix out for that this week.
    06-28-2010 10:27 AM
    How does maildroid do push imap? Does it use IDLE?

I just loaded maildroid and it's very quick in getting new mail...maybe a bit too quick since my office thunderbird filters don't get a chance to move spam into their appropriate folders before maildroid picks up the new messages.

However, about how it handles push - mainly curious about that to see what the potential battery / system drain will be when using mail droid. K9 was actually really good in terms of battery use
    06-28-2010 10:59 AM
    Idle Push..correct. You can control the settings if you want in Connection Management under account preferences (this is the preferences found in the inbox for each account)
    06-28-2010 11:01 AM
    Hello,

I am also interested in this? Does Maildroid Imap sync and push mail messages? I have my K9 check my work mail every hour. It's great but if it could push of course that would be better. It also syncs my Yahoo and Hotmail like once a day. Can MailDroid do all this?
    06-28-2010 11:08 AM
    Yes. MailDroid will do idle push for IMAP. For yahoo, it will work over wifi as well. For Hotmail, it will sync as much as POP3 can sync (only delete...it can't sync read/unread)
    06-28-2010 11:19 AM
    how is the IMAP Push on battery?
    06-28-2010 11:21 AM
    I have not seen major issues or heard of any issues from users. If it's a drain on your battery, you can always uninstall...does not cost anything to try ;-)
    06-28-2010 11:35 AM
    Seems cool, however it doesn't sync my replies to messages in the app or on the server. Hmm.
    06-28-2010 11:37 AM
    I guess you mean sent/draft? Yes, for now it will show in 'sent from phone'. Not ideal and already changed and will be fixed in version 1.25 (coming out in the next few days) where it syncs for sent and drafts.
    06-28-2010 12:02 PM
    Hello,

No actually I meant it doesn't show as replied to (the little arrow) in Maildroid or in Outlook/Thunderbird after I reply to a message from Maildroid.

Mike
    06-28-2010 12:04 PM
    I just want email pushed to me as it arrives...my YAHOO email, as I don't use gmail. Haven't found a mail app that will allow that.
    06-28-2010 12:17 PM
    so far it doesn't look like maildroid has much effect on battery life even though it's constantly pushing mail
    06-28-2010 12:20 PM
    @mscalero: Correct, it does not show the flag yet (that you replied or forwarded an email). I have not heard many requests for this.

@Eazy123: MailDroid will do that

@qdroid: I guess that is a good thing ;-)
    06-28-2010 12:47 PM
    Okay, good to know.

I probably wouldn't use it until the flags are there. This is my official request for it.
    06-28-2010 12:49 PM
    maildroiddev - definitely a great thing

In fact, it's working a bit too well in that it's pulling mail from imap faster than thunderbird has a chance to file messages based on my filter rules. I guess there's no way to avoid this since it's pushing mail while thunderbird is basically on a poll basis right? Perhaps a feature ( if it doesn't exist already) would be to sync up what's on maildroid's inbox with what the imap inbox looks like after thunderbird or any mail pc client files the messages away into another folder?
    06-28-2010 12:51 PM
    @mscalero: Logged and added to the ever-growing list ;-)

@qdroid: I actually have heard that it is pushing faster than thunderbird can really handle. I have ignored it for now, but I can push it up on my list
    06-28-2010 01:25 PM
    I have not read through this thread yet so I may be missing something..

I just tried this program. Looks very promising!

I want an Archive button! I don’t see a way to archive an Email. This is also missing in K-9.

I would like grouped conversations but I can live without that if need be.

I need to see Gmail Folders which this does, good job!

I would like an integrated inbox but that is not as important as long as there can be a very easy way to switch acts. Right now it is 3 clicks. Maybe a small X at the bottom corner of the main screen or even better maybe put a small button task bar (maybe user definable) at the bottom where the ads are now.

If it just gets an Archive button and a way I can pay so I don't have to look at ads, I will check it out again.

Keep up the good work! It is GREAT to have options...
    06-28-2010 10:16 PM
    ok...

maybe I am a little lost here....

I am in need of almost 24/7 availability... So email is an must....

But, I use my phone for email only when away from my laptop.... and once I get the email there, i have no further use for it on my device.

Reading some of these posts.... I an interested in why one feels a need to archive or maintain old email on their devices...

Lego!
    06-28-2010 10:27 PM
    I have not read through this thread yet so I may be missing something..

I just tried this program. Looks very promising!

I want an Archive button! I dont see a way to archive an Email. This is also missing in K-9.

I would like grouped conversations but I can live without that if need be.

I need to see Gmail Folders which this does, good job!

I would like an integrated inbox but that is not as important as long as there can be a very easy way to switch acts. Right now it is 3 clicks. Maybe a small X at the bottom corner of the main screen or even better maybe put a small button task bar (maybe user definable) at the bottom where the ads are now.

If it just gets an Archive button and a way I can pay so I don't have to look at ads, I will check it out again.

Keep up the good work! It is GREAT to have options...
    Thanks, here are some comments:

1. What is the need for archive on a mobile device, or do you mean archive in the sense that "gmail" uses it?

2. Threaded emails is on my list, but I believe I have a slew of more important features to do first

3. Integrated inbox is doable and on my list, but I keep pushing it off. When I think about search or exchange support, this to me seems more important. I hope to get to an integrated inbox though eventually.

4. A paid version will be available (I hope) in August. I don't believe in offering a beta application as "paid" and it also is missing many features. When it is a bit more complete, I will feel more comfortable about offering a paid version.
    06-29-2010 08:13 AM
578 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD