07-11-2013 08:24 AM
578 ... 2021222324
tools
    1.38 on stock Droid 2.2.

I can't delete messages. I have several IMAP, 2 yahoo, a hotmail and a POP account. On all of them messages don't stay deleted. They go away on the message list but as soon as I come back to that account the messages are there again. In all accounts the delete on phone only option is off. I found that if I manually refresh the account then the messages are truly gone.
    Ya I'm having the same issues. I keep deleting and the email is back in the box along with others I deleted like 10 minutes ago. After a few refreshes they go away. I think the fix is in the next update (which should be here any day now).

I just setup my yahoo account on the Maildroid using IMAP for push email and working great. I was struggling with K9 trying to use the IMAP/Push, but it never worked..never got notifications.

So with a few minor bug fixes, addition of reply flag, and maybe a quicker delete of email this is really a great email app.
    08-19-2010 04:44 PM
    Users on this forum have been following the continuing development of MD and I figured an explanation of this week is warranted. Before I explain, let's run through a quick history of MD.

Back in January of 2010, development on a very simple mail application was started and was released to the public as an early beta in February (on Slideme). Since then, it has changed considerably, but hit a wall in June. Basically, the way MailDroid was getting email from the server and some other technical implementations made it impossible for us to do any of the big features. These features included:

• Delete from phone only.
    • Combined Inbox
    • Search
    • Speed
    • Filter
    • etc.

We set about on an almost impossible task and that was to re-write the approach that MD used from February till July and go another route. That re-write (about 40% of the code) was attempted in a little over 3 weeks. When it was rolled out earlier this week, we expected bugs...just not as many as came in. As soon as bugs came in, we started the hotfix h3ll process of fixing things and releasing 1.36,.37,.38, and then finally 1.39. Although many people tested this, we just missed a bunch of things.

1.39 was released last night and from what everyone has said so far, seems stable. There are some minor issues with it and we plan on doing a 1.40 release early next week which will solve those and perhaps even add a feature or two.

Now on to good things. With MD finally being stable, we can start to add many of the features that have been requested. For those that grabbed 1.39, you should see a major performance improvement and more stability. With the upcoming releases you will continue to see more features that you all have requested.

Just a side note, not making excuses for a buggy release, just trying to explain. Hopefully, we won't have this issue again :-)
    08-20-2010 10:10 AM
    i really am impressed with this app. i dont even miss k9 and i know this one is going to just get better.

btw, is there a way to setup my comcast email? will i have to do it manually?
    08-20-2010 10:17 AM
    Delete problems have been fixed. Great job.

I hope the combined inbox will be an option. I tried it when I had K9 and didn't like it. I have separate accounts for a reason. Mixing them just doesn't work for me.
    08-20-2010 10:38 AM
    1.39 has been working much better for me, delete issues are fixed as well as going into the mailbox for the first time.

On a separate note, this started as a K9 vs Maildroid thread, do we need to get another thread going for just Maildroid and support and requests, which is what this thread has morphed into in.

-Josh
    08-20-2010 10:59 AM
    i really am impressed with this app. i dont even miss k9 and i know this one is going to just get better.

btw, is there a way to setup my comcast email? will i have to do it manually?
    manual only. If you need the settings, shoot me an email
    08-20-2010 11:16 AM
    Delete problems have been fixed. Great job.

I hope the combined inbox will be an option. I tried it when I had K9 and didn't like it. I have separate accounts for a reason. Mixing them just doesn't work for me.
    Combined inbox will have an option to show or hide and will only be available if you have more than one account
    08-20-2010 11:17 AM
    1.39 has been working much better for me, delete issues are fixed as well as going into the mailbox for the first time.

On a separate note, this started as a K9 vs Maildroid thread, do we need to get another thread going for just Maildroid and support and requests, which is what this thread has morphed into in.

-Josh
    I'll start it up! I think this thread has morphed :-)
    08-20-2010 11:18 AM
    @MailDroidDev,

Please provide a link if you do start up a MailDroid support thread!

Perhaps you can help me. To start, I have 1.39 installed. My main email is a POP3/IMAP account I use only as POP3 for reasons that will become apparent in a minute. My phone is currently used as a secondary email access point. My laptop (using Mozilla Thunderbird 3.x) is my main email account/historical email store.

I DO have a personal gmail account, but I only use it for emailing complete pages through the Google Chrome browser via emailtheweb.com. Mostly to archive the pages for future reference.

A couple years ago, when my desktop was my main email access point, I used my laptop as my secondary access. Thunderbird had an option to "Leave messages on the server". This would download the messages to my laptop, BUT leave them on the server for me to access them when I got back to my desktop.

Jump ahead to today. My laptop is my main email access point and my DroidX is my secondary. I need an option to (download all messages to my phone) and "Leave messages on the server" for my laptop to download them when I have time/access. Because of this, I have a related need to delete the messages from my phone ONLY.

My problem now is that MailDroid 1.39 appears to download the messages (well at least the headers) to my phone, but if my laptop comes in behind and downloads those same messages (the laptop download messages and deletes them from server), the messages appear to get deleted from my phone as well.

For various reasons, this is a problem. I may not have time to deal with a particular message while my laptop is connected (or I may forget it is) and when I have time, I only have access to my phone... but it no longer has the message on it.

To be clear, when my laptop downloads the messages and deletes them from my POP3 account, the messages also are being deleted from MailDroid. I assume it has something to do with the way MailDroid is doing its mail sync?

I hope I have explained what I'm looking for. It appears as though this rewrite of MailDroid may do what I need, but I'm having problems getting it configured.

Thanks for such a great app!

Scott
    08-20-2010 03:03 PM
    Well maildroid is looking good but still not liking the lack of deletion.waiting for 1.4.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-21-2010 07:44 AM
    Hey Man.

Great, great app.

Im form Brazil and use for 2 accounts. Personal and businnes.

But today i see something....when click to reply, the sender adress dont show and i need to retype the adress.

Its any issue ? Or config ?

sorry about my bad english.
    08-24-2010 09:29 AM
    Very slow to start. I initially get a black screen that says Maildroid at the top. It takes 5 to 10 seconds before the account list shows up. Fairly repeatable, I suspect after it's been terminated by the OS.

I've also had messages that I read and deleted in the evening at home last night show up as unread in Maildroid in the morning. One time I specifically had it refresh the account and they went away. So far it's repeatable every morning.
    08-24-2010 10:45 AM
    Just to let people know I was also having problems a couple of days ago. So I went and deleted it which I did before but I didn't turn the phone off when I reinstalled it. Then I deleted again and turned phone off and reinstalled. Seems to be working with out any of the problems some people are still having.
    The only thing I still cant get to work is my Optonline email. I have it set up on the regular phone e-mail, but I get password or settings are incorrect protocol: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP
    host: mail.optonline.net<, port 25
    Was not able to get it to work before but it is an old account from my old provider and I do have it set on the regular e-mail app on the phone

Edit to add.
    The Developer just e-mailed me back almost instantly....Thats service.
    The thing with Optonline if anyone uses it.

Incoming mail.otpomline.net Port 110 NO SSL
    Outgoing mail.optonline.net Port 587 Yes SSL, but if that does not work make it Port 587 but uncheck the SSL which is what I had to do......
    THANK YOU Joe
    08-24-2010 08:39 PM
    I tried both of these apps and neither of them is close to BB BIS. The characteristic I miss the most is the little question BB ask you when you delete an email. Do you want to delete it on the phone or the phone and server. This is a great characteristic for the way I use email on my phone. You don't have to change anything in settings it just ask this question with two buttons when you delet email. It would really be nice if someone would write an email client for Droid that emulates all of the characteristics of BB email. I would pay, anybody listening.
    08-24-2010 09:59 PM
    Really like the app. A little slow responding to email deletes. I'd also like to be able to have the email checkbox scale down a little bit, it's a bit horsey. Maybe a small and regular option. Integrated inbox with color listng like L8 would be great. A "no ads" version for pay, too.

This is my# 1 mail app now. great work, thank you!
    08-25-2010 08:22 AM
    Very slow to start. I initially get a black screen that says Maildroid at the top. It takes 5 to 10 seconds before the account list shows up. Fairly repeatable, I suspect after it's been terminated by the OS.

I've also had messages that I read and deleted in the evening at home last night show up as unread in Maildroid in the morning. One time I specifically had it refresh the account and they went away. So far it's repeatable every morning.
    Fixed in 1.41. Bunch of memory issues. Go grab the latest.
    08-25-2010 01:41 PM
    I tried both of these apps and neither of them is close to BB BIS. The characteristic I miss the most is the little question BB ask you when you delete an email. Do you want to delete it on the phone or the phone and server. This is a great characteristic for the way I use email on my phone. You don't have to change anything in settings it just ask this question with two buttons when you delet email. It would really be nice if someone would write an email client for Droid that emulates all of the characteristics of BB email. I would pay, anybody listening.
    The number of features to emulate BB is almost impossible as BB is the best at email (I won't deny that). I have this as a possible feature for some time down the road, but I don't see this as something higher up on the list that search and combined inbox.
    08-25-2010 01:43 PM
    Really like the app. A little slow responding to email deletes. I'd also like to be able to have the email checkbox scale down a little bit, it's a bit horsey. Maybe a small and regular option. Integrated inbox with color listng like L8 would be great. A "no ads" version for pay, too.

This is my# 1 mail app now. great work, thank you!
    It should only be slow for deleting email if it is a POP provider as I will flag it and then delete it on the next pull.

A redo of the UI will come, but not until after I get some more features in.
    08-25-2010 01:45 PM
    @everyone

1.41 is out. It fixes some memory issues and a few bugs that you may have seen. This I hope is my last 'stability' version to go out as I am hopeful I am now as stable as I was with version 1.32. The next release should contain some of the major features that most of you have been asking for.
    08-25-2010 01:46 PM
    Mail,

and about my question ?

When push reply do appear the sender on field TO....i need to reenter the info.
    08-25-2010 05:19 PM
    Mail,

and about my question ?

When push reply do appear the sender on field TO....i need to reenter the info.
    Missed that. This is a UI bug that has been reported since version 1.25. I'll try and finally fix it for 1.45.
    flaviocc2009 likes this.
    08-25-2010 05:41 PM
    First off - Terrific app. I have tried several email apps since I picked up my Droid and Maildroid is the best by far.

I have a question about the auto suggest for the email address while composing. Is there any way to clear that? I am pulling in address from any email sent to me and I only need them from my contacts. Having the ability to clear once in awhile would be great.

Thanks agin for the great app.
    08-25-2010 06:13 PM
    Just to let everyone know that because this thread's original topic was MailDroid VS K-9 Mail and it got effectively hijacked into a MailDroid support thread maildroiddev appears to have started a semi-official MailDroid support thread (only 12 posts there so far... )? Here is the link to it:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...maildroid.html

I see maildroiddev is still posting on this thread also, so I guess we'll have to keep track of two of them...

I'll see you guys there...

Scott
    08-25-2010 08:44 PM
    First off - Terrific app. I have tried several email apps since I picked up my Droid and Maildroid is the best by far.

I have a question about the auto suggest for the email address while composing. Is there any way to clear that? I am pulling in address from any email sent to me and I only need them from my contacts. Having the ability to clear once in awhile would be great.

Thanks agin for the great app.
    Not yet. I have had this request brought up to me, so maybe I'll sneak it into 1.45 as a configurable option.
    08-26-2010 01:57 PM
    Any update on Reply and Forward Flags?
    09-08-2010 12:31 PM
578 ... 2021222324
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD