07-11-2013 08:24 AM
578 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I found a bug with Maildroid. If I select/check a single message and move it to another folder when the message list refreshes the checkmark has moved to the next message in the list. I would expect that no messages would be checked at that point.
    07-02-2010 09:37 AM
    I found a bug with Maildroid. If I select/check a single message and move it to another folder when the message list refreshes the checkmark has moved to the next message in the list. I would expect that no messages would be checked at that point.
    Correct that 'was' a bug. It is now fixed in version 1.25 which was just released.
    07-02-2010 10:34 AM
    Version 1.25 is now on the market...some basic release notes:

--Checkbox bug fix that was just mentioned
    --Auto-Save draft bug was fixed
    --Sync Sent mail on IMAP Server
    --Signature per account
    --Fixed lag when scrolling down inbox (should be better, but work still needs to be done on this)
    --Bunch of other bug fixes and minor features
    07-02-2010 10:36 AM
    Messages won't open? Email me ... let's work through this as no one else has reported an issue like this.
    07-02-2010 10:43 AM
    Messages won't open? Email me ... let's work through this as no one else has reported an issue like this.
    I think I'm good. Turned phone off/on. Seems fine now. Weird. Thanks for all!!

D-
    07-02-2010 10:46 AM
    Great! Kind of odd, but good to know in case someone else does have this issue.
    07-02-2010 10:53 AM
    Ok...

A better description of my issue is as follows:

I have two accounts set up...

Account #1 shows a size of 325.2KB
    Account #2 shows a size of 226.8KB

Currently, I have no email in any of the accounts... everything has been deleted from all folders...

Both accounts have been compacted also...

Now.... during the day.... I will get email (accounts size starts to increase).... By the end of the day, I will read and delete new mail and empty the trash...

Yet the 2 accounts never drop back to 0KB

These are both POP accounts.

Lego!
    07-02-2010 10:56 AM
    Lego, just to be clear...this thread is all about k9 and maildroid. The issue you are seeing is in the stock HTC right?
    07-02-2010 10:59 AM
    No... This is an issue with K-9....

I have disabled the HTC stock mail app...

Lego!
    07-02-2010 11:14 AM
    Ahh...well as long as it is not MailDroid ;-)
    07-02-2010 11:30 AM
    I assume you meant 'n'either one? What mail server? POP3 or IMAP?
    Yes I meant neither one, POP3
    07-02-2010 01:30 PM
    Got the notification for 1.25 update. Downloading now......
    07-02-2010 02:05 PM
    I used Maildroid for a while but found it to be terribly cumbersome and slow with IMAP. I didn't use it for Pop. The latest version of K-9 rocks. It fixed all of the IMAP issues and works smoothly. I've deleted Maildroid and use K-9 exclusively. It is more powerful, faster and easier to use than any other mail program for Android.
    07-02-2010 02:31 PM
    I have to admit K-9 is darn good at what it does. Using both I ended up uninstalling Maildroid but will keep an eye out on it in the market as new versions are rolled out.
    07-02-2010 03:19 PM
    I was mainly using K9 until a couple of days ago when it developed a major force close immediately after I pressed the icon. Also still had problems with it continually using an ever increasing amount of internal memory. Uninstalled K9 and using Maildroid exclusively for now.
    07-02-2010 03:32 PM
    I used Maildroid for a while but found it to be terribly cumbersome and slow with IMAP. I didn't use it for Pop. The latest version of K-9 rocks. It fixed all of the IMAP issues and works smoothly. I've deleted Maildroid and use K-9 exclusively. It is more powerful, faster and easier to use than any other mail program for Android.
    Just so I know, what was "cumbersome". Appreciate the honest feedback. Also, curious what version you used as the older versions were much slower.
    07-02-2010 04:09 PM
    A second version is coming out in a few minutes. Some users have reported some bugs to me ... hey, it happens
    07-02-2010 04:10 PM
    1.26 is now live...sorry guys
    07-02-2010 04:37 PM
    Just upgraded to 1.26. I am still running both K-9 and Maildroid for the time being on my Dinc. The speed is better but still has some lag both loading and scrolling through messages. K-9 has no lag. The addition of contact names while searching or selecting for address for new messages is a major fix for me. I was about to uninstall Maildroid because i couldn't set up groups by name. As a former Storm user I am much more comfortable with the Maildroid message formatting and file system but like the speed and ability to batch deletes in K-9. Guess I will have to keep running both for a while and see what happens when MailDroid is actually ready for primetime and has no ads.
    07-02-2010 06:49 PM
    @ballcoach

The lag is a fundamental difference of how MailDroid works vs k9. K9 is an offline client, while I am more of an online client. This is why you see lag when scrolling. Having said that, I plan on making some modifications to change this soon.

My current plan is to be out of beta by mid-August and also offer a pro version. Also, I plan to have a lot more features such as exchange and search support.
    Jubz likes this.
    07-02-2010 06:59 PM
    Yeah exchange support. That's what I need. Will you do search of your email also? How about search on server like WINMO can do?
    07-02-2010 09:39 PM
    Thanks maildroiddev, its great to see a proactive developer.

I'll wait until mid august, hopefully most of the bugs will be out by then and have a cool new icon! I also look forward to a pro version with no ads.
    07-02-2010 10:02 PM
    maildroid is good. what it has over k-9 is the ability to work with numerous mail accounts with push capability. k-9 doesn't do well with hotmail and yahoo but maildroid does. still, maildroid needs some cosmetic changes. ability to change to "dark" theme so it's not so bright is one thing i liked about k-9. also, a "new mail" counter on each account is something nice, though not necessary. one thing i don't get though is that everytime i go into an account, it seems to redownload everything instead of keeping it on my phone. there are times when it would say "timed out" and not show any email even though just a few mins before it showed everything in the account.

also, with regards to "default account" i'm not sure how the program determines this. is it the first account to be added? does that mean it can't be changed to another account?
    07-03-2010 07:32 AM
    @ballcoach

The lag is a fundamental difference of how MailDroid works vs k9. K9 is an offline client, while I am more of an online client. This is why you see lag when scrolling. Having said that, I plan on making some modifications to change this soon.

My current plan is to be out of beta by mid-August and also offer a pro version. Also, I plan to have a lot more features such as exchange and search support.
    Does this mean you are going to make it offline also? That would be great. It's a cool app but the lag is driving me a little crazy.
    07-03-2010 09:51 AM
    I notice some lag but it is not that bad overall. I expect it to lag as it pulls in older messages. I personally like that it does not suck up all my internal memory to store old messages. It could use some work for storing say the past day or so but I am sure they will work on that. Please don't store too much in the internal memory though.

One awesome feature is the ability to resize an html email. It is almost browser like. I get a lot of newsletters and could never do that in K-9!! I would like to report though that it still needs some work. Sometimes it does not pinch and zoom correctly and it sometimes it gets stuck. I have to fight it to get it to zoom again.

However I will have to keep using K-9 until this goes pay I guess. Sorry man, that two line ad at the bottom of my inbox just annoys me so bad, if it were smaller maybe…. ii

Keep up the great work! This will be the one to use!
    07-03-2010 12:12 PM
578 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD