MailDroid vs K-9

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
re

@mscalero it depends on if the mail server has the flags available. So I could add some custom flags to show if you replied or forwarded an email. But, it really helps if it syncs to the servers (like you said). I have the code for this and it works on the mail servers that show this (gmail, yahoo, etc.), but I have not added it in yet.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Been using maildroid and still very much a big fan

However, i have been noticing lagginess while scrolling through my inbox reading the incoming mail headers. Are there any ways that I can reduce lag while scrolling through the headers?

To compare, if I scroll through gmail's list which has a very similar L&F, I can fly down the list...but in maildroid it does seem very sluggish

(using incredible)

Yes, this is a really old bug. I finally tracked it down and fixed it in 1.25 and it should be much better. That version is still 'currently' on track for tomorrow.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
1. You can't. I did not add that feature in yet.
2. This was a design decision. If you look at gmail and some other mail servers you will see that when you delete a message you go back to the inbox.
3. Coming in version 1.25 this week.

1. Consider this a request for enhancement then unless the "yet" implies it's already on the list. ;)

2. Ah but K9 does this as does Thunderbird on my laptop. Admittedly the TB UI is different in that the message list and the selected message contents are both visible. I don't have to select the next message to see it. It makes going through new mail much faster. How about an option to select which behavior is used?

3. Excellent.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
1. Consider this a request for enhancement then unless the "yet" implies it's already on the list. ;)

2. Ah but K9 does this as does Thunderbird on my laptop. Admittedly the TB UI is different in that the message list and the selected message contents are both visible. I don't have to select the next message to see it. It makes going through new mail much faster. How about an option to select which behavior is used?

3. Excellent.

1. Yup, on the list for a while now ;)
2. I can add this idea onto the list, but as a feature request

Yes, I know I need to spend a day or so and setup a simple website so that this magical list can be seen :)

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I guess I'm a Maildroid user from now on.

K9 developed some problem where it immediately FCs. That, it's continuoulsy growing memory usage (36MB) and no way to re-install on top of itself I'm forced to uninstall, loosing all my settings again. So it's gone.

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It would be kinda neat if there was an option where if you only have one mail account, it will go right into the default folder instead of selecting the one and only mail account and then going into the inbox.

If you have multiple mail accounts even, it would be nice to have an option to set a default and go straight to the inbox without clicking through.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I made these quickly using only my phone. They are just concepts, when i get home i can get much better images to play with.

downloadfile-9picsay.jpg

downloadfile-6-picsay.jpg

Last edited:

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess I'm a Maildroid user from now on.

K9 developed some problem where it immediately FCs. That, it's continuoulsy growing memory usage (36MB) and no way to re-install on top of itself I'm forced to uninstall, loosing all my settings again. So it's gone.

Woot ;-)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It would be kinda neat if there was an option where if you only have one mail account, it will go right into the default folder instead of selecting the one and only mail account and then going into the inbox.

If you have multiple mail accounts even, it would be nice to have an option to set a default and go straight to the inbox without clicking through.

Yea, I want to try and get this in for 1.30 (1.25 is tomorrow, so the next one)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I made these quickly using only my phone. They are just concepts, when i get home i can get much better images to play with.

downloadfile-9picsay.jpg

downloadfile-6-picsay.jpg

Like the concepts. Looking forward to any and all you put together. I am not tied to the current icon and would be willing to switch.

tarheeltiger

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I didn't really see if these questions were addressed...coming to Android from BIS, I really liked the option of deleting just from phone vs deleting completely. There are messages I like to delete from my phone, but keep on, Yahoo, for instance for later reading directly on my computer.

Is there a way to empty the trash folder without having to check each individual message for deletion? Or, is there a way to choose all in a folder and then I can delete?

Already, I like Maildroid better for my Yahoo mail.

Thanks!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Like the concepts. Looking forward to any and all you put together. I am not tied to the current icon and would be willing to switch.

Cool, any particular size? 64x64? i think thats the biggest i can get off the icons i have at home without resizing.

I really like the idea of the 1st icon, i'll recreate it when i get home with a better envelope.

How about an android themed stamp?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I didn't really see if these questions were addressed...coming to Android from BIS, I really liked the option of deleting just from phone vs deleting completely. There are messages I like to delete from my phone, but keep on, Yahoo, for instance for later reading directly on my computer.

Is there a way to empty the trash folder without having to check each individual message for deletion? Or, is there a way to choose all in a folder and then I can delete?

Already, I like Maildroid better for my Yahoo mail.

Thanks!

This is one of the number one requested items. Although I have exchange, search, and offline IMAP as the main features at the top of my list...this is right next to it. I know everyone wants this and I promise to get it done soon.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Cool, any particular size? 64x64? i think thats the biggest i can get off the icons i have at home without resizing.

I really like the idea of the 1st icon, i'll recreate it when i get home with a better envelope.

How about an android themed stamp?

The first icon is nice. BTW, I guess with my icon I was going for a "Thunderbird" look where they have the bird around the mail envelope (another idea). Here are the "offical requirements" from Google: Icon Design Guidelines, Android 2.0 | Android Developers

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The first icon is nice. BTW, I guess with my icon I was going for a "Thunderbird" look where they have the bird around the mail envelope (another idea). Here are the "offical requirements" from Google: Icon Design Guidelines, Android 2.0 | Android Developers

OK great! I redo the 1st. You think if i made the envelope green-ish and had the same android as is on white like that it would look better?

I'll try and come up with as many different as possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae