MailDroid vs K-9

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@kicko I guess/assume it will. One of the things I noticed was that the gmail app and a few others show the icon as black and white in the alerts bar.

I guess this is a question for everyone, do people like the black and white as alerts or color icons as alerts?

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Color is fine with me for alerts. I like the colors you have. I think they stick out from everything else. but I dont mind the icon so much either but guessing the majority dont care for it

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
At first I hated the HTC incredible. Mail setup but after going back to my MOTO Droid I really miss all the features that HTC incredible had. Is there any apps that are like the HTC incredible one?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
re:

At first I hated the HTC incredible. Mail setup but after going back to my MOTO Droid I really miss all the features that HTC incredible had. Is there any apps that are like the HTC incredible one?

What does the HTC Incredible have that the other apps don't?

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was just throwing this icon out there as an idea. Its very basic in design. I made one with a green envelope also but i liked this one more. Tonight i plan on making a android themed "stamp" icon.
downloadfile-20.png

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the mailboxes incresing in size even though all mail has been deleted and trash emptied?

I have even compacted this accounts and they still continue to grow....

I would assume that if everything has been deleted and emptied, that the size would drop to 0...

No?

Lego!

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the mailboxes incresing in size even though all mail has been deleted and trash emptied?

I would assume that if everything has been deleted and emptied, that the size would drop to 0...

No?

Lego!

Not sure what you are talking about?

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
In Maildroid, how do you select default apps? I really need to have attachments open to the appropriate program. When I click a PDF it gives a message about no application available. I haven't tried a DOC file yet, but I wonder if it will have the same issue?

MaZe

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could try maildroid but K-9 is the only client that will validate my incoming/outgoing IMAP settings, MailDroid will not. Though I'm not a programmer, I believe that maildroid is timing out before it can get a response from my smtp server while k-9 holds the connection for longer and until it gets a response. I keep getting the "exception reading response" error, protocol: smtp, password/settings are incorrect though I know everything is correct.

MS

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
In Maildroid, how do you select default apps? I really need to have attachments open to the appropriate program. When I click a PDF it gives a message about no application available. I haven't tried a DOC file yet, but I wonder if it will have the same issue?

What phone are you using? What applications are installed on your device to open pdf? For example, on my droid and nexus one, I can easily open any office document as well as pdf.

The only pdf files that fail, are corrupted pdf files.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could try maildroid but K-9 is the only client that will validate my incoming/outgoing IMAP settings, MailDroid will not. Though I'm not a programmer, I believe that maildroid is timing out before it can get a response from my smtp server while k-9 holds the connection for longer and until it gets a response. I keep getting the "exception reading response" error, protocol: smtp, password/settings are incorrect though I know everything is correct.

MS

Could you send me an email to my gmail account so I can help you diagnose this error?

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

No?

Lego!

That was an issue with the default HTC mail app, i have not noticed anything with maildroid or k-9 for that matter.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Was 1.25 released? I know you mentioned it earlier. I only see 1.21 in the Marketplace. I was hoping to see the scrolling lag bug fixed, if it weren't for that the program is otherwise very nice. Everything else mentioned already would make it even better! Thanks dev! :)

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
What phone are you using? What applications are installed on your device to open pdf? For example, on my droid and nexus one, I can easily open any office document as well as pdf.

The only pdf files that fail, are corrupted pdf files.

I am using the HTC EVO 4G with BeamReader for PDF files and DocumentsToGo for everything else. I found a doc file in my emails and it worked just fine, so no problems there. I tested PDFs and 2 out of 5 I tested actually opened just fine. The ones that opened for me are PDFs of scientific papers, while all the ones that failed are PDFs with sales quotes and 1 page flyers. If I choose to download the sales quote PDFs or flyers, they open fine in BeamReader if I go to where I download them.

I also installed OI file manager when I first encountered this error and it allowed me to save the attachments, but I still can't open them from within Maildroid.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
One more thing, am I doing something wrong or is it not yet possible to just be able to open maildroid up and automatically go to my inbox? Right now I have to open maildroid, and then click my account name to go to the Inbox. It's a bit runabout and I could see it annoying me in the long run.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
That was an issue with the default HTC mail app, i have not noticed anything with maildroid or k-9 for that matter.

I had that problem with the last several versions of K9 that I used on my Droid 2.1. At one point K9 was using 90+ MB of memory. Only way to clear was uninstall/reinstall K9.

Haven't used Maildroid long enough to notice if it's a problem there as well.

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site