MailDroid vs K-9

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
When you set a trash folder in your account preferences for gmail, all items you delete will go directly into the trash folder. However, if you don't set a trash folder, a delete will be a permanent delete (it will skip the trash). Is this what you were looking for? I guess I can work on an option to have a permanent delete option even if you have a set folder. Right now though, you would have to set your trash folder to nothing.

Email me though, maybe it is something else that we can take offline.

That's what I mean by great support! That will solve the "trash" problem until there is a "select all" function down the road somewhere. It takes away the ability to instantly retrieve a mistaken trashed item but since I also receive my gmail in Outlook it will always be there if I really need it.

Thanks.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
That's what I mean by great support! That will solve the "trash" problem until there is a "select all" function down the road somewhere. It takes away the ability to instantly retrieve a mistaken trashed item but since I also receive my gmail in Outlook it will always be there if I really need it.

Thanks.

Excellent. I will add this to my list and have this as an option as I believe it makes sense.

Templar

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
How about a feature to mark messages deleted on phone, marked as read on server? I use this functionality in K-9 and would love to see it on maildroid.

greg

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
How about a feature to mark messages deleted on phone, marked as read on server? I use this functionality in K-9 and would love to see it on maildroid.

greg

I think this feature is scattered throughout this thread. It is one of the top things on my list to add.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed a menu inconsistency.

-In the mail list I select/check a single message, press the menu button and get a popup option with 2 rows of 3 icons each.
-I select more than 1 message, press menu and get a popup with 3 rows of 2 icons each.

I find this confusing as the menu choices are in different relative locations and I actually have stop and read the labels to pick the right one. If the same popup was used in all cases I could more easily memorize the location of, say, Delete.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a menu inconsistency.

-In the mail list I select/check a single message, press the menu button and get a popup option with 2 rows of 3 icons each.
-I select more than 1 message, press menu and get a popup with 3 rows of 2 icons each.

I find this confusing as the menu choices are in different relative locations and I actually have stop and read the labels to pick the right one. If the same popup was used in all cases I could more easily memorize the location of, say, Delete.

Actually, it is the same menu. What you are seeing is an Android function. Note that the one change is that when you select more than one record, I show the number next to the menu item. There is no need to show the number next to the menu item for one mail checked. Because of this extra text, the menu size dynamically changes and causes the shift.

I do understand the frustration and a quick fix would be to say 1 mail for even one mail in the menu.

Personally, for one mail, I just long-press the mail and don't go through the menu :)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Version 1.27 was just released. Some features:

Technical Changes
*Performance for IMAP and POP3 have been improved

New Features
*Wakelock option added to prevent sleep mode
*You can now add, edit, or delete IMAP folders
*You can now hide notification icon both in rules and in notification channels
*You can now edit pop3/imap/smtp settings

Bugs
*Some known bugs were fixed

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
One note, have said the above, if you are using IMAP there is a basic workaround (not ideal though). You can set your trash folder to be any folder you setup (say you call it archive for example). For POP3 though, there is not such work-around.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Actually, it is the same menu. What you are seeing is an Android function. Note that the one change is that when you select more than one record, I show the number next to the menu item. There is no need to show the number next to the menu item for one mail checked. Because of this extra text, the menu size dynamically changes and causes the shift.

I do understand the frustration and a quick fix would be to say 1 mail for even one mail in the menu.

Personally, for one mail, I just long-press the mail and don't go through the menu :)

I had a feeling that the addition of the number had something to do with it :(

Don't know about anyone else but I'd rather it said "1 email" than having the icons move around. I know I could long press but sometimes I'm not sure how many I checked, requiring a scroll up/down. Just using the menu all the time is easier for me.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a feeling that the addition of the number had something to do with it :(

Don't know about anyone else but I'd rather it said "1 email" than having the icons move around. I know I could long press but sometimes I'm not sure how many I checked, requiring a scroll up/down. Just using the menu all the time is easier for me.

When you long-press I also show the number ;-)

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Trying to set up IMAP accounts using latest 1.2.6 / tried auto setup, get error saying it cannot be completed / then try manual install, fill out all the info for my IMAP account / click next / force close every time... I've tried about 6 times and am giving up for now. I did submit about 5-6 bug reports just in case it helps.

IMAP's trying to set up / .mac account and my personal domain account.

Uninstalled / re-downloaded and installed again / re-booted phone and still force closes.

For the record I did install a couple of weeks ago and had zero issues, FYI.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Trying to set up IMAP accounts using latest 1.2.6 / tried auto setup, get error saying it cannot be completed / then try manual install, fill out all the info for my IMAP account / click next / force close every time... I've tried about 6 times and am giving up for now. I did submit about 5-6 bug reports just in case it helps.

IMAP's trying to set up / .mac account and my personal domain account.

Uninstalled / re-downloaded and installed again / re-booted phone and still force closes.

For the record I did install a couple of weeks ago and had zero issues, FYI.

Well, 1.27 is the latest :) Having said that, nothing changed from 1.26 that would affect that. I assume you were the one that sent me an email about an hour ago? I did not get any error reports from you though. Is your internet connection ok? That could be an issue. Can you email me the exact error?

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Didn't send any emails except for a week or so ago regarding the unified inbox :)

The only thing I did tonight was to hit the submit error report in maildroid. When I went to download from the marketplace I got 1.2.6??

Yeah, connection is good just tripple checked. Both on WiFi and 3G... Still running K9 if it makes any difference.

I cannot send any error reports since I uninstalled it / is there a way to email them to you? Not sure, may long hold on the error report screen and copy all then just email them to you?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie