MailDroid vs K-9

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
ahh... okay.. thank you for the quick reply...

I'm not going to hold you to anything... do you have any ETA..?. BTW, I'm very pleased with the application so far... nice job..

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
ahh... okay.. thank you for the quick reply...

I'm not going to hold you to anything... do you have any ETA..?. BTW, I'm very pleased with the application so far... nice job..

Thanks. I hate giving an ETA since if I don't hit it, it makes me look bad. However, the ETA for search to be done is mid-end of august. So I imagine either last week of August or first week of September for the combined inbox. Again, don't hold me to this as so many things come up in the middle.

Xtgirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Batch mode is coming in a future version and I am debating if it should be:

1. checkbox select all to delete
or
2. date range...delete all from X to X

Personally, I like the second option better, what do you guys think?

Any word on when this feature might be added..

I would like the first one...I would select all and then uncheck the very few emails I needed to save...this is the only missing feature that makes the stock email programs better for me than maildroid. I appreciate the ability to use my hotmail account...I cant configure and get it to work under stock...

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

I would like the first one...I would select all and then uncheck the very few emails I needed to save...this is the only missing feature that makes the stock email programs better for me than maildroid. I appreciate the ability to use my hotmail account...I cant configure and get it to work under stock...

This will be done before combined inbox and will probably be tied to version 1.50.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I won't use Maildroid until it has a button to not delete off server when message is deleted from Maildroid. I need that feature to use. That feature K-9 has that Maildroid doesn't. I did try Maildroid today, and it seemed pretty good compared to EVO's Android Mail and K-9, but the lack of a feature I need, not to delete off server, I will have to wait till this is added to Maildroid.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This will be done before combined inbox and will probably be tied to version 1.50.

This has to be done and done soon for Maildroid to continue to be viable in the mail client app market. That being said there is a work around unless you need instant action. Assuming you are using Google Mail or any other web mail you should be able to Select All in your inbox or other folder on your PC or accessing your web mail via internet on your phone browser. Simply uncheck the messages you want to save on your phone and bulk delete the rest. It is an extra step but does the job while we wait for the feature to be added.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

This has to be done and done soon for Maildroid to continue to be viable in the mail client app market. That being said there is a work around unless you need instant action. Assuming you are using Google Mail, Hotmail or any other web mail you should be able to Select All in your inbox or other folder on your PC or accessing your web mail via internet on your phone browser. Simply uncheck the messages you want to save on your phone and bulk delete the rest. It is an extra step but does the job while we wait for the feature to be added.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I won't use Maildroid until it has a button to not delete off server when message is deleted from Maildroid. I need that feature to use. That feature K-9 has that Maildroid doesn't. I did try Maildroid today, and it seemed pretty good compared to EVO's Android Mail and K-9, but the lack of a feature I need, not to delete off server, I will have to wait till this is added to Maildroid.

you can set the folder that delete sends the mail to on yahoo. it was added by request from a user. If you have a good idea that you think needs to be added, tell him. He is working very hard to get this perfect and is getting very close. GREAT APP!

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i use maildroid and i love it but yesterday i wanted to check out what K-9 is all about. I set up Yahoo and noticed that i wasn't getting emails. Do I have to setup polling intervals even though i want push emails?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
i use maildroid and i love it but yesterday i wanted to check out what K-9 is all about. I set up Yahoo and noticed that i wasn't getting emails. Do I have to setup polling intervals even though i want push emails?

Can't say for sure. But I will tell you that yahoo is tricky and much of my time spent has been coding for them.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@everyone:

1. 1.32 was released today. No major changes in this one. It had some bug fixes and one major technical change of cram-md5 support for a slew of users who had that turned on for their server.

2. Because of the massive influx of user requests, I am starting to look at delete from phone only and will try and get that out much sooner than I initially planned.

3. I will also consider adding a default inbox option to skip the account screen

4. previous/next buttons will be considered when I start to redo the UI

ggh514

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Viewing attachments on MailDroid

Just downloaded the application and was trying to retrieve a voicemail that came via email in .wav format. How can I listen to that voicemail without saving to SD? Additionally, any way to keep from having to contantly load the inbox as now when I open the inbox it takes time to load. Your advice is appreciated.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Any way I can be updated when Reply and Forward flags have been added to Maildroid?

M

So I have debated this. Perhaps some people on the forum will chime in. I can do this one of three ways:

1. Locally. If you do something on the device like forward or reply, it will show on the device only (I think bberry is like this).

2. Sync. If your server supports the flag (most IMAP servers and no pop servers) I can sync if you reply or forward with your imap server. So if you reply on a desktop, I can sync and show a reply on the phone. This gets difficult because not everyone supports it.

3. Sync+Local. This will be a combination of both and would be technically a challenge, but I guess could be done.

I was leaning towards the first option and I think BBerry also just does a local and not a sync with the server. If this is acceptable, I think this can be easily done.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded the application and was trying to retrieve a voicemail that came via email in .wav format. How can I listen to that voicemail without saving to SD? Additionally, any way to keep from having to contantly load the inbox as now when I open the inbox it takes time to load. Your advice is appreciated.

If you click on the wav file (assuming you have a supported wav player) it should open up. I know that on some HTC phones (specifically the Incredible) this still won't open up.

Loading is going to have a complete overhaul around version 1.50. So for now, IMAP has no offline mode and POP3 has a crude offline mode system. In the overhaul, all of this will change...just need some time ;-)