MailDroid vs K-9

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded the latest version and testing it out. Why is MD showing 2 copies of an email when I sent a test email from either Gmail, Hotmail, etc. to the yahoo account on MD? However, if I send an email from my hosting account email it is fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Also I'm not getting no notifications whether I choose "Let Device Sleep" or "Wake Up Every 15 minutes". It worked a few minutes initially, but nothing now. The notification will trigger when I unlock the screen and go to the application and hit Refresh, otherwise I get no notification. I was hoping that the notification thing was fixed in this release because it's frustrating having to go into the app every time to see if new email is there.

One question though....does the background data sync needs to be checked on my phone in order to get the email notifications?

Any plans to allow attachment of any sort of file to an email from the phone memory or SD card? Right now when I click the attach option I only get like gallery, music player, etc. and don't get any option to select a file from any folder.

Yes "reply to" flag would be a nice addition.

1. Bug, fixed in 1.38. It will be released in the morning or you can request an early copy now

2. Fixed in 1.38, I believe :)

3. Not sure I understand

4. Download OI file manager or astro and you can attach from anywhere you like

5. I have flags on my list to add

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I having a problem after the app has been running for awhile. It acts like it quits talking to the server. I can't delete anything not refresh mail. a reboot allows it to work again for a little while.

I do not think I'm doing anything different, but not sure.

1.38 should fix it...had some connection code commented by mistake, 'doh. Luckily (kind of odd actually), that code path was not called all the time.

michael800

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
1. Bug, fixed in 1.38. It will be released in the morning or you can request an early copy now

2. Fixed in 1.38, I believe :)

3. Not sure I understand

4. Download OI file manager or astro and you can attach from anywhere you like

5. I have flags on my list to add

Glad to hear the update will fix the issues I am having. Will download in the morning once it is available. Thanks for fixing the bugs.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Maildroiddev,
One more bug as I have seen is that anything left in a pop3 inbox even though it has been downloaded via my computer, will not delete off of Maildroid. Do I have to go into settings and delete off my device?? Will there be an option to delete off both server and device as well as a choice to just delete it off the hand held?? Would it be possible to add this feature instead of one or the other?

Thank you,
Charlie

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Maildroiddev,
One more bug as I have seen is that anything left in a pop3 inbox even though it has been downloaded via my computer, will not delete off of Maildroid. Do I have to go into settings and delete off my device?? Will there be an option to delete off both server and device as well as a choice to just delete it off the hand held?? Would it be possible to add this feature instead of one or the other?

Thank you,
Charlie

New version should solve this.

michael800

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to 1.38, but having duplicate email issue still. I keep deleting an email and it pops back in the inbox again and when I delete it a second time it comes back again with 2 copies. Anyone else having same issue?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to 1.38, but having duplicate email issue still. I keep deleting an email and it pops back in the inbox again and when I delete it a second time it comes back again with 2 copies. Anyone else having same issue?

You may want to remove and re-create the account. I just tried this and it seemed fine for both pop and imap with both options delete from phone or both.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
maildroiddev,
I just upgraded to the new 1.38, a couple of hours ago and the issue with the mail staying on the handheld even after being downloaded from the mail server on Thunderbird *use at both work and home*.. Using my work account which is on a 10+ year old pop mail server, it still does the same thing of they are staying on the handheld as well.. Otherwise I am loving it even more..

Now as for the feature, I would not mind if I were to delete that it would ask whether I want to delete mail off the server and handheld or off just the handheld *considering coming from a bb that was always available options for my e-mails*...

HTH,
Charlie

michael800

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
You may want to remove and re-create the account. I just tried this and it seemed fine for both pop and imap with both options delete from phone or both.

I did a reinstall of the app and created the account again, but it was still doing it again. I'll give it another try and see what happens.

stepchild

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I get the notification that I have mail. Go into app and no mail. I have to refresh to get it.

I have removed and added accounts and still same problem.

Anything else I might try?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Wait until the next version. Sorry guys, I did not mean for the market to be my test ground and I really had many testers and I did a lot of testing. However, you can't account for everything. There are some delete sync issues right now that I am working on.

@Dirt When this happens, do you see any little progress circle in the top right corner?

stepchild

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait until the next version. Sorry guys, I did not mean for the market to be my test ground and I really had many testers and I did a lot of testing. However, you can't account for everything. There are some delete sync issues right now that I am working on.

@Dirt When this happens, do you see any little progress circle in the top right corner?

I didn't notice, but will check next time and let you know.

OK, just send email to myself and it deleted just fine. Go figure.

I'll keep checking.

Last edited:

michael800

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Does selecting "Leave in Sleep Mode" consume a lot ess battery than selecting "Wake Up every 15 minutes"? But the downside is you might not get every notification for every email or get it like few hours later or when you actually go into the app. Is my understanding correct?

Like right now I have it set to "Leave in Sleep Mode" and I received an email 20 minutes ago when I check my yahoo account on my desktop, but the phone has yet to trigger a notification that I have received new mail.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ok, I have downloaded 1.38 and when I try and check 5 emails and hit menu key delete 5 nothing happens I have tryed it over and over no luck. Going to reboot the phone. but when I do a batch delete on my att account they show "flagged for deletion and disappear after a few secs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781