Thanks to Android Police, a new version of the Android Market is available for download.

List of changes:

New setting: Auto-update apps (presumably, sets all apps to auto-update mode, woohoo!)
    New setting: Update over Wi-Fi only
    New setting: Auto-add shortcuts (automatically adds homescreen shortcuts for new apps, ala Honeycomb)
    Smaller font
    New app drawer icon
    Microphone (voice command) button in search menu
    Star rating chart on app pages
    Minor UI tweaks

Android Police also noted that this version doesn't play nicely with Honeycomb.
    bri637 likes this.
    11-01-2011 05:03 PM
    I have a galaxy s2 and its not letting me download. All my cache and data is cleared and I even uninstalled old market updates and its saying 'content not supported on this phone'.

Help?
    11-01-2011 09:50 PM
    This worked for me. Root required.

1. Download the file from above ( Market-3.3.11.apk) to your SD card.
    2. In Root Explorer, find the file you just downloaded and copy it.
    3. Move into /system/app and hit the R/W button to mount then paste the file.
    4. Find Vending.apk and rename it to something like Vending.apk1.
    5. Long press on Market-3.3.11.apk and rename it to Vending.apk.
    6. Afterwards, long press on it again and choose Permissions.
    7. Change the permissions to this:

8. Press OK, reboot and enjoy the new market.
    dmcincubus likes this.
    11-01-2011 10:06 PM
    Meh. I'm not rooted. Thanks though.
    11-01-2011 10:09 PM
    I downloaded mirror 1&2 from android police. Still same market. Im New to this. Pls tell me how to get New market. Remember I'm New to all this. Any info would be very appreciated.
    11-02-2011 10:54 PM
    I downloaded mirror 1&2 from android police. Still same market. Im New to this. Pls tell me how to get New market. Remember I'm New to all this. Any info would be very appreciated.
    The method I posted above works if you are rooted. If you aren't rooted, try installing the apk and then rebooting your phone. System apps sometimes take a reboot to stick.
    11-03-2011 02:11 PM
    I emailed the file to my gmail then installed it straight from the attachment, worked like a charm.
    11-03-2011 05:18 PM
    Actually I have install it, and I think it's good, and not too much changed.
    11-04-2011 03:41 AM
    Anyone had issues with the auto update not working. It was working when I first installed this the version but not now

Sent from my ATRIX
    11-09-2011 01:09 AM
    Every now ant then I'll have an app listed with an update but when I go into it, it only says "Open" and "Uninstall". I wait a few minutes and it eventually says "Update".

My problem lately is that it seems to drop my connection on me. I get a lot of "Retry?" messages. I usually end up rebooting for it to go away. Shouldn't have to reboot my phone to get something to work (especially an Android-app-selling app).
    11-09-2011 07:33 AM
    I hust downloaded the .apk. Copied it (without renaming it) to my sd card. Used a file explorer (Ghost Commander) and cliked on it to install it. No reboot was required. Market is now 3.3.11.

Inspire 4g stock 2.3.3 image (No Root)
    01-20-2012 11:25 AM
    Not to rain on your parade but the current version is 3.4.4 just Google search for the apk file...I think I got mine from Android police

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-20-2012 07:25 PM
    Ya I have 3.4.4 as well

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD