I am quite happy with the GoContacts apps I have installed on my Atrix. My one complaint is I can find now way to contact the developer for questions (well, I did find an email a couple of months ago but received no reply) which is why I'm posting here.
    This should be very easy.
    When I open a contact in GoContacts, and select either text message or call, I get a popup with 3 numbers. well, actually I get ONE number but it is listed 3 times. I select the number I want and pick OK. Everything works as it should but I do not see any reason for the extra step of selecting the same number from 3 choices. Any way to eliminate the "select one" screen? I tried a number of settings but nothing has helped.
    11-02-2011 08:13 AM
    Ready for this? It's because you actually have many accounts combining themselves into your Contacts. You'll have at least one e-mail account, your SIM Card and the phone itself loading up their contacts into the GoContacts listing. If you have more than one e-mail you'll probably start getting duplicates.

Check out the Settings and go to "Contacts Account" and you'll see everything that's feeding GoContacts. Hope this helps.
    11-02-2011 12:47 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Went to GoContacts>settings>Contacts Account. Two items checked; Phone and Google. Unselected Google. Still have 3 phone #s listed for many contacts.
    FWIW, if I choose any contact and select Edit, I have 3 listings(?). Google Contact/Google Contact/Motorola Services Contact. I see no way to remove any of them.
    11-02-2011 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD