Interesting to have yet another source for obtaining apps, especially paid ones for free.

What I'm wondering is how those downloaded from here get updated. I don't seem to see how to check for this. Any info on this?

Thank you.
    11-08-2011 11:36 AM
    Interesting to have yet another source for obtaining apps, especially paid ones for free.

What I'm wondering is how those downloaded from here get updated. I don't seem to see how to check for this. Any info on this?

Thank you.
    Apps downloaded from Getjar do not get updated. That is the downside.
    michaelp68 likes this.
    11-08-2011 11:47 AM
    It's up to the developer to submit the update to Getjar. Getjar is a good legitimate store, they've been around for a long time pre-android as well. They also pay the developer for their Goldstar/free apps as opposed to Amazon not doing so for their free daily apps. It seems most developers do not submit updates to many other appstores as regularly as the primary market. I could be wrong on that but that is my understanding via an interview from one of the Getjar dudes on the All About Android podcast. But I am not a developer either, so have no experience on that side of things.
    11-08-2011 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD