Quick idea capture: get to an input screen immediately?

jonathan7007

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Quick idea capture:
I'd like to come as close as possible to the ease of carrying paper in my pocket to capture quick thoughts and needed info. So I want an Android list- or memo-maker that offers the following:
? Available for input on the screen almost immediately
? Synch through the cloud would be good: to Outlook? To OneNote?
? Stylus input would be great. I always carry fountain pens so another "pen" is OK.
? Handwriting recognition, then?
? DroidX most important platform (Gingerbread) but works on both ASUS Transformer tablet and my DroidX good, too.

Longtime user of OneNote, and it's moving toward this, but OneNote takes too many steps to bring up on the screen. I do a lot of other work on OneNote, so I am bummed not to be able to stick with this. Microsoft hasn't moved to get this ready for smartphones and MobileNoter has had to bridge the gap. Haven't tried EverNote. I use ColorNote on my Droid because it has a setting that allows it to always be available in the pull-down notification. But it has a lot of interface quirks.

Suggestions, anyone?

jonathan7007

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Check out Classic Notes or Extended Notes. I use Extended Notes for quick note-taking, even tho it does a million other things. Both can back up to SD but not the Cloud. I believe both can send to the Cloud, like Dropbox. Definitely doesn't do points 3 and 4 on your list.

jonathan7007

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I remember looking at Extended Notes and thinking how many features it had. Will look again.

One of the frustrating barriers to a quick but complicated reminder can be the on-screen keyboard. So I am going to buy the Adonit stylus and try that with some note-like programs, too. I always carry fountain pens so I have a place for the stylus. That's why OneNote still would be good if I can streamline it.

I am using QuickNote because it is always in the Notification bar at the top of the screen and notes can be opened right after a finger motion sweep downward.

Will look at Extended.

jonathan7007

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiny Flo