I just upgraded my Sprint HTC Hero to the new 2.1 firmware but now AnyCut doesn't seem to work. Before, on the original 1.5 firmware, I was able to use AnyCut to create new shortcuts and custom-label them. Now, AnyCut is unable to 'find' any of my Exchange-based Contacts.

All I want to do is put readable Direct Dialer shortcuts on my homepage! By default the OS is labeling them as "Call ABC..." and all but the first 3 letters of the actual contact-name are cutoff.

Is there an alternative to AnyCut that's more compatible with the Hero+2.1, or is there a new 'rename' function included with 2.1 now?

Thank you for any suggestions!
    05-20-2010 11:22 AM
    I use FolderOrganizer. It is the only one I have used, so I can't compare features or ease of use. But I have no complaints with it. It lets you rename and change icons.
    05-20-2010 12:33 PM
    Thanks, that worked! Not as easy to use as AnyCut was, but beggars can't be choosers :-)

I had to add shortcuts in two steps: first as a 'Shortcut' within the FolderOrganizer Lite menu, then as a new shortcut on the home page (selecting FolderOrganizer Item > Shortcuts)
    05-20-2010 04:41 PM