[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

besttechsetup

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
When will I be able to use this app with the note 2? I know it's something related with Nvidia but I paid for this app, it was soooo awesome when it worked, but now I feel it's been forever since I have been able to use it and I don't know of anything else comparable to screencast....I really miss it

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have galaxy S2 and it worked perfectly and recently I upgraded to CyanogenMod using this thread: [ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thread - xda-developers
Then when I record the colours are blue or inverted. Went back to ICS and all is good. Please fix when you get a chance :)
This is a framebuffer driver issue (kernel). Basically the kernel is setting a flag in the framebuffer driver to say the colors are arranges as BGR (blue, green, red) when in fact they are RGB. Nothing would normally need this information since everything goes through the Surfaceflinger (Android framework) except the bootup display, and Screencast.

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I am liking this app! Sad you can't record in sound from the device itself though. I'd love to have that.

Anyways, I'm using a Note 10.1 GT-N8013 and this app is the reason why I went through so much trouble rooting it in the first place. But I'm glad I did. However, I was not aware about disabling hardware overlays till going through this thread. Before, it would just freeze as my games loaded. But it works like a charm now.

Still figuring out the best fps and screen size to use of course. The bench mark test told me at around 38fps, but I've been doing 25 on High and the quality is... well meh. Will continue to fiddle with it!

liamwli

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Beta Testers Needed] Screencast Video Recorder

Quick question, why doesn't this work with Tegra 3 processors? I believe that Tegra3 has Neon, so why doesn't this app work?

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Alrighty, figured out the best fps and screen size (30fps, on High) and I ran my video through VidTrim Pro to up to the quality (and trim the start and end) and I am impressed.

Here's my very first video recorded with Screencast! I recorded at 5x the speed, in case anyone was curious. Worked like a charm. Also, you can change the video quality up to 720p HD if ya want. Looks good!

Kryspin111

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I have a problem.
My phone is HTC Desire X and I'm only up to 15 FPS at all settings.
Is there a way to more FPS?
Can my phone is not suitable for a screencast?
Please answer.

Sorry for my english :]

besttechsetup

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Note 2 has an Exynos 4412 and should work fine with Screencast. Screencast for Android on the Samsung Galaxy Note II - YouTube

That's odd...when I try to use it, a pop-up comes up saying " Unfortunately, Screencast has stopped." Then if I click ok it just has "Waiting For Service.." and I can't click to start it or anything, anyone have an idea why it's doing that? I really miss using this app and I paid for it because I intended to use it with this phone (sgh-t889 t-mobile note 2).

bgssilva

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

The "Record Audio (Mic)" does not work properly. Home recording usually the audio is captured, but after some time recording the audio to be captured.

the demo version worked. Now I bought the product this problem occurs?!?! I ask that solve this problem.

Using a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2

Myemanisyroc

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I'm just a bit confused. I just downloaded the demo on my rooted Motorola Atrix, and when I try to use it I get the lock and the "waiting for service" message. Does this just mean it's not compatible, or do I have to activate something? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Shukri Armizi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Can i know why it not working on galaxy s2 Gversion? Everytime i play my recorded, its just show black screen.

James Ouyang

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

Can you help me? Why when I record the video ends up in weird colors? Like yellow stuff(like people faces) turns to a weird blue color. I'm using SGS2 with cm 4.2.

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I'm just a bit confused. I just downloaded the demo on my rooted Motorola Atrix, and when I try to use it I get the lock and the "waiting for service" message. Does this just mean it's not compatible, or do I have to activate something? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

That's normal. Just wait for it to say ready to record.

Myemanisyroc

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

How long do I wait though? I just reopened the app for the first time today and it's still like that...

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Can you help me? Why when I record the video ends up in weird colors? Like yellow stuff(like people faces) turns to a weird blue color. I'm using SGS2 with cm 4.2.

CM for your device has a framebuffer driver bug which reports the wrong color format to Screencast.

Shukri Armizi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to make this apps working with sg2 g version jelly bean. Its works well on gb. But not wrking on ics and jb. Had tried disqble hw overlay, still the same thing happen recorded only show black scren.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37