12-17-2014 11:02 AM
462 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Rooted the device (ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 with ICS). Installed the demo app.
    The audio recording works, but I only get a black ASUS screen for the video.
    any advice on how to record video? or why it doesn't work?
    (I need to know that it's working before I pay for the full version, which I will gladly do).

Thanks!

p.s.
    I saw in this thread that the reason for not working on Tegra 2 is that it doesn't support NEON, but since Tegra 3 does support NEON, so I'm not sure why the app doesn't work. help please...
    Slender Troll likes this.
    07-04-2012 06:58 PM
    Any other app you could point me towards for my tegra 2 device or website so i can record my screen?
    07-05-2012 12:40 AM
    Please update for galaxy nexus, I am waiting 6 month for update
    Slender Troll likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:20 AM
    Don't expect any updates or news on the GNex. That's the one question that the developer consistently avoids answering in this thread. And unfortunately this thread is the only method of correspondence for the app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-2012 05:15 PM
    Screencast Video Recorder is not working properly on the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Only seems to work when you pull down the notification you can see the home screen or whatever screen your on.

Sent from my Evo No 4G LTE using Android Central Forums app
    07-14-2012 09:28 AM
    I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7" P3100 and I've rooted it specifically for this app, but all it records is a black screen with a green stripe to the left. I saw in the comments on the Play Store that sometimes you need a custom ROM for it to work properly so I went and got a CM9, and have the same result. The thing is that I set it up so it matches the benchmark results and still no joy. If I click the option to have a pointer, the pointer is shown every time with no problem whatsoever, but the apps and screen don't. What can I do? I've tried both the demo and the paid version!

Here's a screenshot of it:

07-18-2012 09:28 AM
    Does it work on Nexus 7 (Jelly Bean 4.1)? My device in unlocked and rooted. I tried recording, and it apparently recorded without hiccup. But all that I could see in the video is a snapshot of a terminal with some outputs printed in green. It seems it is recording an internal output instead of the actual display. Anybody else faced this issue?
    07-20-2012 12:57 PM
    Does it work on Nexus 7 (Jelly Bean 4.1)? My device in unlocked and rooted. I tried recording, and it apparently recorded without hiccup. But all that I could see in the video is a snapshot of a terminal with some outputs printed in green. It seems it is recording an internal output instead of the actual display. Anybody else faced this issue?
    That is what it seems to be doing on my Evo 4G LTE.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2012 04:50 PM
    So I'm interested in getting the app for my Kindle Fire running AOSP Jellybean, but a couple of questions: is the app supported for the KF? I ran the demo on my KF and all it records/plays is a black screen. I tried the demo on my Infuse 4G running cm9 and it records/plays without issue. I like the app and would like to use it on a daily, but need a clarification to see if it will work on the KF or not. Thx!
    07-24-2012 05:35 PM
    short and quick:
    Xoom2/XYBoard rooted stock
    Audio Recording works
    Video Recording Broken, i see a picture of my market allways, but i hear all my audio
    I have bought the app
    I willing to beta test,have send you also an email
    Thanks
    07-25-2012 06:41 AM
    I'm running a bionic rooted with leaked ics 232. I installed the demo and it seems to work. However two things, the recording stops after 20 secs, which I assume is the Demo. And the screen is cut of on the top our side depending on orientation. Not cut off as in missing part of the screen but the screen is smushed down to two thirds of the screen and the rest is black.
    07-26-2012 04:59 AM
    On the Galaxy S3, and I think on some other ICS devices, it seems to record video and then stop at random points. Then it starts back up when another menu or screen is accessed.
    07-29-2012 07:42 PM
    The developer seems to have thrown in the towel. What's sad is there there's no communication at all to End of Life this great little app. I purchased this and have been waiting for Tegra support for 4 months now.

We should start giving this app in Play Store relevant review feedback so others don't waste time buying this app and hoping.

Really wish the developer would open the code to others if he's give up.
    igeekman and Shay D. Life like this.
    07-30-2012 01:26 AM
    I'm on my samsung galaxy s3 my problem is this whenever I try to record at normal quality I get nothing saved it shows 0kbs and video isn't even saved when I record at high quality I get recording with distortions then when the actual game starts it doesn't record any game play, I messaged by email and I have no had any reply and the refund Window is not even in app store why is that?
    08-03-2012 02:35 PM
    Do you intend to make the application to work on Tegra 2?
    08-05-2012 04:35 PM
    Its says waiting for service, i cant record, any tips i have a galaxy tab 10.1
    08-07-2012 04:38 PM
    I love the app, but I bought it from an alternate market. I don't remember the market name.. what are all the markets it is on?
    08-08-2012 11:29 PM
    In the next update will you have support for galaxy nexus GSM cause I would love to use this app and this is the only rooted device I have. But good work on making something this awesome
    igeekman likes this.
    08-11-2012 10:19 AM
    I've tried the demo version on a motorola me525+ (2.3.4) and the app works great and is perfect for my needs except that on playback, the audio drops out as soon as the screencast app loses focus - is this a demo version limitation or an issue?
    08-11-2012 11:27 PM
    I have tried this great app on my Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.0.3

For a standard recording it works just fine

But when I try to capture "video-in video" - in some apps video on the screen coming from the phone camera is not captured, only graphical overlays are captured.

I'm talking about Augmented reality apps like QR Droid and Route66+Navigation.
    The video coming on the screen from the built-in camera in this apps is not captured properly.

At the same time some other apps like Layar or Word Lens are working fine...

Is it a system limitation of the SVR or an issue with support of some video apps on SGN+ICS 4.0.3?

Could you please try QR Droid (QR code scanner) on your systems?
    08-17-2012 03:33 AM
    y when i playback video just blackscreen?
    I use samsung galaxy s2g
    08-23-2012 09:32 PM
    Camera view cannot be recorded because it exists as "protected" video. Same goes for videos on youtube and such (even personal).
    09-04-2012 02:48 PM
    Silly me buying this app when it worked great on Gingerbread, then expecting it to upgrade eventually to run on ICS or JB.

Simple yes or no answer mediasol, is Screencast still under development and if so will it eventually work on newer Android versions like ICS and JB?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    09-15-2012 07:32 AM
    Is Screencast still under development
    Yes

and if so will it eventually work on newer Android versions like ICS and JB?
    It was never about being incompatible with ICS or JB. Your question should be: "Will it ever work with new devices which have proprietary display controllers?". Support cannot be universal anymore, and it will come on a platform by platform basis.
    09-15-2012 07:27 PM
    If Screencast is in development why don't you answer people? i can understand there are a lot of questions but not replying at all is not the way to go...
    been waiting for months for full tegra 3 support and i will continue to wait but just answer and tell us whether HTC One X / Nexus 7 will be supported?
    09-17-2012 12:58 PM
462 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD