[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Features Request : Continues screenshot + vibrate

New feature requests for better screencasts

- Continues screenshot should have programmable interval (seconds)
- Do not save continues screenshots if next image is exactly the same as previous
- Option to vibrate on taking screenshot (instead of shutter sound)

I like the first and last. I will add them to the feature list.
The second request is more difficult than it seems, you will have to compare hundreds of thousands of pixels (480width x 800height = 384000 pixels) to determine if they are the same of not. Of course there can be tricks and shortcuts to minimize it but it will always be too intensive for the gained benefit.

I will add vibrate and programmable interval to the app.

Thanks,
-- MS

alexuseattle

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Features Request : Continues screenshot + vibrate

I like the first and last. I will add them to the feature list.

Awesome, thank you!

The second request is more difficult than it seems, you will have to compare hundreds of thousands of pixels (480width x 800height = 384000 pixels) to determine if they are the same of not. Of course there can be tricks and shortcuts to minimize it but it will always be too intensive for the gained benefit.

Yes, it could be tricky to code, but I think Android CPU could handle the extra (and think about all dual core devices that are coming up now :)

The result benefit would be amazing for screencasting. I would no longer need to pace myself during screenshot taking. I can set "take screenshot every 1 sec" and then just go through the app at my own pace (even take a lunch break in the middle). Just like the "normal" user. At the end I will have a ready-to-go screencast with almost no editing. So far making screencasts is real work. Even with your great app :). Launch app, wait for a shutter sound, go to the next screen, wait for shutter sound, etc. A lot of waiting and pacing :)

AaronMT

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello Media Solutions,

I recently read an article online about how you guys were running into security issues reading from the Galaxy Nexus frame buffer [1]. I'm currently running into the same thing. Might I ask what the solution is you guys are using?

For example, I'm pulling fb0 from /dev/graphics/fb0 but it is full of zeros, and I'd like to use FFMpeg to convert the frame-buffer to a PNG programatically in local python scripts.

[1] Is The Galaxy Nexus Blocking ScreenCast? (A Fix In The Works)

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello Media Solutions,

I recently read an article online about how you guys were running into security issues reading from the Galaxy Nexus frame buffer [1]. I'm currently running into the same thing. Might I ask what the solution is you guys are using?

For example, I'm pulling fb0 from /dev/graphics/fb0 but it is full of zeros, and I'd like to use FFMpeg to convert the frame-buffer to a PNG programatically in local python scripts.

[1] Is The Galaxy Nexus Blocking ScreenCast? (A Fix In The Works)

There is no fix yet.

gakubuchi

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi MediaSolutions,

I've installed your Screencast Video Recorder on my Samsung Galxy S SCL (GT-i9003). It's working almost perfectly! The only thing that is not working is sound. Even if I ckeck the "Record Audio (Mic)" option in the settings page, the resulting video has no sound at all. I've tryed connecting the mic+earpiece included with the phone with no luck. As I understand, it should record sound through the internal microphone of the device, isn't it?

Also, I'll also suggest the option to record internal audio, if it is possible. It will be very useful!
Another suggestion would be a new "Touch Pointer". I think it could be nice to have a semi-transparent filled circle in different colors (I suggest purple or gray).

Anyway, congratulations for your great work!

---
Marc

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi MediaSolutions,
Another suggestion would be a new "Touch Pointer". I think it could be nice to have a semi-transparent filled circle in different colors (I suggest purple or gray).

Anyway, congratulations for your great work!

---
Marc

The plan is to enable custom pointers. We have been too busy working on enabling Galaxy Nexus and Tegra 3 for the past month. We will assign a portion of development time to go through the list of bugs and needed features soon.

TuxAndDroid

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This app looks so great. Unfortunately I just own Tegra2 devices :D

The plan is to enable custom pointers. We have been too busy working on enabling Galaxy Nexus and Tegra 3 for the past month. We will assign a portion of development time to go through the list of bugs and needed features soon.

You are talking about Tegra 3. I don't know how far you got yet. But let's assume you get your app working on Tegra3 one day... Does that also mean it will work on a Tegra2 device?

Nokutisu

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Request!
Could you add an on/off function in the screencast app to instantly start recording with the touch or long press of a button?
Like long press for record and just touch for screen shot?
Thanks for the awesome app!
.//Nokutisu

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund