I hope we get an audible player soon for android.

You can email audible to get signed up for beta or news:

audiblewireless@audible.com

Can I use my phone that runs off the Android operating system (e.g. Motorola DROID & HTC Hero) with Audible?

Can't wait to pick up my EVO on 6/4.
    05-20-2010 11:07 PM
    Switching from the Palm Pre, atleast I could use classic app & still use my Pre to listen to my audio books.

anyone else email Audible or follow them on twitter: Audible (audible_com) on Twitter
    05-21-2010 09:12 AM
    I've also already contacted them requesting an android app/support and asked to be signed up for the beta when it comes out.

There's also another way to get access to your audible books I found the other day when I was doublechecking their site. It's called AudibleAir, and it is for mobile phones. Have not tried it yet, hoping the Android gets support before my Evo arrives. But here's the link for anyone who wants it:
    http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/aud...seBVCookie=Yes
    05-21-2010 11:06 AM
    Thanks for the info. Wife has a love for audiobooks.
    05-21-2010 12:50 PM
    Until Audible has their app out you can use Overdrive and borrow from your local library.
    05-21-2010 06:16 PM
    Until Audible has their app out you can use Overdrive and borrow from your local library.

This is DW's preferred option.

I wonder if Overdrive can be accessed via mobile device?
    05-21-2010 11:01 PM
    05-21-2010 11:07 PM
    I'm wishing there was an ebook reader that could download and display books from Overdrive. My local library gives us access, but I don't have a reader that supports their DRM.
    05-22-2010 05:59 AM
    I convert my audible files to mp3 with Sound taxi. I don't have chapters, but I can create bookmarks to return to later using astro player
    05-23-2010 02:41 PM
    I convert my audible files to mp3 with Sound taxi. I don't have chapters, but I can create bookmarks to return to later using astro player
    Thanks for the pointer.
    05-23-2010 04:06 PM
    just received access to the audible beta for audible. If you email audible as I stated above you can be granted access.... My invitation:

Congratulations!* This is your invitation to the beta test for Audible for Android.* You are receiving this email because youve expressed interest in an Audible application for Android phones in the past.*
    As a beta tester, youll have the opportunity to use an early build of the Audible for Android application and will be able to share your experiences with the Audible team and other beta testers.* We are eagerly awaiting your feedback, as it will be critical to ensuring that we are providing a quality product to our listeners.
    * Getting Started *
    Simply follow these three steps to get started with the Audible for Android Beta:
    Step #1 Complete the five-question survey
    If youre testing, wed love to know who you are!* The short survey is available here:
    #2 Download the application
    You will be presented with the download link upon completing the survey.
    Step #3 Submit bugs, ask questions, and make suggestions
    You will be provided with the link to the Beta Test Discussion Group upon completing the survey.* Here, you will be able to discuss your testing experience with the Audible team and other beta testers.
    Thank you for your interest in our application.* We look forward to receiving your feedback.
    Happy testing,
    The Audible Team

I removed the beta link of course.......
    05-31-2010 11:45 AM
    Has anyone else downloaded the beta yet? I'll download it Friday when I get my EVO.
    06-02-2010 07:56 PM
    Is see the the Audible app is now in open beta. To learn how to download visit
    Official Audible App for Android – Beta now available! JPWhite's Tech Blog
    06-07-2010 12:56 PM
    Yep. I downloaded the beta app.
    Anyone can join the group here and download it: http://groups.google.com/group/audible-for-android-beta
    06-12-2010 06:22 AM
    There is a beta of the Audible.com audiobook reader, it seems to work rather well for a beta.

http://lifehacker.com/5555075/audibl...-audiobook-gap
    06-12-2010 08:22 AM
    Works great on my Incredible.
    06-12-2010 10:45 AM
    Audible/amazon would you please hurry up with the general release version? Thanks.

Beta testers has there been any news lately about release dates?
    06-28-2010 06:01 PM
    I am looking to add a 32GB microSD card to my DInc. so I can carry my iTunes music, podcasts AND my Audible books but audible is lagging.
    06-29-2010 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the info everyone! Putting it on my Evo
    06-30-2010 12:55 PM
    I use MelodyCan. It is the best, easiest and fastest converter I found.
    07-13-2010 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD