Undelete

Welcome to the open beta of our newest root application - Undelete for Android, an application for root users that allows you
    to recover deleted files on your SD card or internal storage.

Features:

- Fast scanning logic
    - Restore any file that has not been written over
    - Securely wipe/delete discovered files
    - Works with images, video, music, archives and binaries

Currently, only FAT is supported. On Tegra devices, only the external SD is supported.

We may write a special version supporting EXT4 if this app is successful.

Be warned: this is an early Beta build, provided "as is" with no support of any kind.

We take no responsibility for any issues that may arise from using the app. In some rare cases attempting to restore files may
    corrupt the memory entirely (though we have not seen this problem, it is theoretically possible).

That said it has been in development for a while and well tested on the devices we have at the office - Incredible S, Nexus S,
    Xoom, Transformer, Sensation, Galaxy S I/II, Galaxy Ace, Desire.

Market:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Screens:
    11-18-2011 11:06 AM
    This is the first app of its kind and not a single comment? Are you people asleep?
    11-23-2011 12:27 AM
    How are previews working?
    11-29-2011 12:13 PM
    Oh what a surprise... no comments.
    12-13-2011 06:29 AM
    there's a reason why people delete files.
    12-13-2011 11:41 PM
    its redundant. In three years of seven devices I've never once regretted deleting a file.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
    12-13-2011 11:56 PM
    duuuuuuude

what a mess my sdcard is now. its unmounted... you need to do work on this. need to be able to sort files by size otherwise its a lot of scrolling through 1200 files found. I hope my nannies and roms are safe after this reboot. omg. ill write more later.

oh my god!

yep... time to reformat. don't worry I won't bother with a market rating. just thank me for being a guinea pig. just...I don't think this app is ready for prime time... this is a class 8 and should not be unmounted after three reboots.

ok...I forgot it was class TEN. not 8. but class 10.

this app is a #fail... no ifs and or buts about it. Not getting into the I noticed going on but if I deleted something and I had to get it back...I am not going to attempt on a phone. I am going to put it in my card reader and let the professionals take care of it... I'm talking about Recuvva or the Windoze version of Undelete!

so...there's your feedback. Happy? Take the app down from Market because I am a niiiice guy....and I know most people aren't. Cheers.

Sent from my ed up phone without its class ten sdcard.....
    12-14-2011 12:03 AM
    Ok, so heres some feedback

Ive got a Vision (DZ) and last night I was running a kanged CM7 nightly eta 186-7. It was an 8 gb class 10 card and it was about 2/3 full. THere was no media on the card. Just ROMS and apks and backup stuff I need when I wipe.

So, from my memory...

I open app. Superuser. I give Superuser the whole boat
    App starts scanning. Then it goes into a deeeeep scan. Finds 1200 files to recover. I tell it to undelete. After about a quarter of the way,SDcard unmounts right in the middle of it. Phone was not connected to anything. Non other apps were running, as I had performed a reboot before launching app.
    With sdcard unmounted, Im like "wow, never seen this happen before"

It KEPT going... I tried to remount the card and then the app kept going... I have never seen an aggressive app like that. Thought it was going to eat the RAM next.

It should have stopped when it dismounted the card.... (which was an error) but it should not have proceeded anywhere. So, thats a bug to fix. I saw it attempt like four times before I caved in and plugged the phone into my computer so I could do a cat dump. But the phone rebooted and I knew it was gone.

So, it took me about 3 hours to fix my class 10 sdcard. Its probably totally compromised, but the point is, I did not see much "warning" other than the beta tag. I love betas... but this app was like getting bit by a dog.

My sugggestion is
    1. put more disclosure on the app. If you dont, you will get ripped by the next "me" who is most likely not going to be happy
    2. once the app sees a sdcard unmount on it... it should CEASE and DESIST from working. It should be killed, and not try to keep going.

I FINALLY uned my sdcard... it was so destroyed but I put it in my G1 and just kept formatting it with Amon_Ra. I always partition my cards with him -- do not like the way CWM does that job.

You are welcome.
    12-14-2011 10:34 PM