Windows as Bluetooth Speaker

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking around for a way to do stream the audio from my phone and tablet to my computer's speakers. The goal is so I can control the music playing on my computer with my Google Music app in my phone.

Here's what I've tried.
When I pair them with my Windows 8 (not 7 for some reason) it sets up a media connection and they send the audio but Windows doesn't do anything with it besides add them as a headset (which doesn't work either since android wants to be host).

Does anyone know a way to make this work?

BTJustice

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to be able to do this too with Windows 7 64-bit. I would be nice outputting audio to my computer or DJ equipment and controlling what plays on my Android phone.

BTJustice

May 6, 2011
Visit site
And I figured out how to do it :)

My USB Bluetooth adapter is listed in Device Manager as a Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Dongle with First Connect...

1. Uninstall ALL Bluetooth devices from Windows. Remove the software for them if asked.
  2. Go to http://www.oyla.de/cgi-bin/designs/rot/index.cgi?page=text&id=404641441255948643 and download the version for your version of Windows. I selected mine under "ANYCOM USB 200, 250, 500 & 550".
  3. Extract the files to your computer. I selected "C:\Temp".
  4. There will be 32-bit and 64-bit. I went to "C:\Temp\Win64" and ran "Inst.exe". It will take a few minutes to install.
  5. After the install, connect Android via Bluetooth to your Windows computer.
  6. I had a Window pop up asking if I wanted to listen to audio on my speakers. I clicked the CONNECT button.
  7. :)

Last edited:

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll this tonight when I get home! I hope it works :D

EDIT:
Doesn't seem to want to work with Windows 8 Dev... I'll try W7 a little later.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37