Can you view other live streams with this app the way you can with ipod touch or iphone?
    05-21-2010 08:07 PM
    Well, It's called Ustream Viewer, so I am assuming yes. It's a free app, give it a whirl, if you don't like it, uninstall it.
    thekarens likes this.
    05-22-2010 08:47 AM
    I use both the viewer and broadcaster, top notch!

Sooner or later I'll actually stream something from my Incredible, other than that I do watch live streams from time to time..
    thekarens likes this.
    05-22-2010 09:39 AM
    The viewer is pretty good even though its still in Beta. Would love to disable live chats when there is too much BS being discussed.
    05-22-2010 10:47 PM
    I know there's a way to send a post to Twitter with a link to your feed, but is there a way to send a Facebook status message with a link to the feed from the mobile broadcaster app?
    05-23-2010 12:44 PM
    I appreciate the answers. This is something I'm looking forward to when I get my Evo.
    05-23-2010 07:27 PM
    I know there's a way to send a post to Twitter with a link to your feed, but is there a way to send a Facebook status message with a link to the feed from the mobile broadcaster app?
    When you log in to the site, you can link your Facebook account to the Ustream account. When you add a video, or stream live, it'll post a link to your newsfeed..
    05-23-2010 09:48 PM
    I just tried this nd it works amazingly well.
    Now picture a blind person streaming mobil video feed and getting audio information feedback from a particular home bound or bed ridden guide.
    Is the street safe to cross? Are those long cut or french cut beans in the can I'm holding?
    Did the cashier ring my sales honestly? Or as the relationship between guide and blind person allows the blind person could act as a proxy for the one immobilized. This is just too cool.

Addendum: I just went over AT&T's unlimited data plan ($30/mth) They definitely frown (forbid) such flagrant data usage. They don't even mention any kind of upgrade data plan to accommodate it. Like wise, their policy on tethering is draconian. I would not risk it except for some emergency.
    05-24-2010 05:52 AM
    I just tried this nd it works amazingly well.
    Now picture a blind person streaming mobil video feed and getting audio information feedback from a particular home bound or bed ridden guide.
    Is the street safe to cross? Are those long cut or french cut beans in the can I'm holding?
    Did the cashier ring my sales honestly? Or as the relationship between guide and blind person allows the blind person could act as a proxy for the one immobilized. This is just too cool.

Addendum: I just went over AT&T's unlimited data plan ($30/mth) They definitely frown (forbid) such flagrant data usage. They don't even mention any kind of upgrade data plan to accommodate it. Like wise, their policy on tethering is draconian. I would not risk it except for some emergency.
    Good thing I'm not on AT&T
    05-24-2010 11:23 AM
    When you log in to the site, you can link your Facebook account to the Ustream account. When you add a video, or stream live, it'll post a link to your newsfeed..
    I just tried streaming again... I have the App linked to Facebook, but nothing showed on my Facebook page... Just in Twitter.

Edit: I'm speaking about the Mobile App to clarify... Not the regular website version...
    05-28-2010 04:01 PM
    I just tried streaming again... I have the App linked to Facebook, but nothing showed on my Facebook page... Just in Twitter.

Edit: I'm speaking about the Mobile App to clarify... Not the regular website version...
    Strange, it says in the account it'll post to your news feed on Facebook when you go live. Glitch on their part I guess..
    05-28-2010 10:12 PM
    Ok so I have been messing around the mobile Ustream app today for the EVO. Everything with the back camera , my question is can I enable the front camera to stream from ?
    08-12-2010 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD